Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy

Go down 
+31
Myfanwy Fflur
Robin de Vos
Jon Dee
Tom Dee
Matias Estrela
John Cook
Isidoro Jauregui
Mark Johnson
Abigail Edwards
Honza Mild
Petr Hlavac
Paul Nadeau
Rob de Vries
Lari Salminen
Mark A Warmington
Ricardo Magno
David Purchase
Bruno Chacon
Matt Wright
Niklas Kirsten
Martin Jaspers
Ryley Wyans
Rhys Gardiner
Darren Andrews
Rory MacDuff
Austin Burchfield
Martin Bayer
Declan Brush
Henry L. Smith
Stef Hermans
Frank Verplanken
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abigail Edwards
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2023-03-16

1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May 2023 - 17:48

Absent Crying or Very sad

Frank Verplanken and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Mark Johnson
Rookie
Mark Johnson

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2022-10-25

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May 2023 - 19:40

Present

Back to top Go down
Isidoro Jauregui
Rookie
Isidoro Jauregui

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 May 2023 - 19:58

Present!

Back to top Go down
John Cook
Club Driver

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 May 2023 - 14:46

in cheers

Back to top Go down
Matias Estrela
Club Driver
Matias Estrela

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 May 2023 - 22:07

:conduit: :yaa: and :urgence: probably..
present

Frank Verplanken, Darren Andrews and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Tom Dee
Rookie
Tom Dee

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2022-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May 2023 - 0:15

Once again I’ve managed to be away the weekend of HSO 😔 hopefully I can make some more rounds next season 🥲

Back to top Go down
Jon Dee
Rookie
Jon Dee

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May 2023 - 17:59

Present.

Back to top Go down
Robin de Vos
Rookie
Robin de Vos

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May 2023 - 18:20

I'm ready to be the bug on someone's windshield.

Frank Verplanken, Darren Andrews and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Myfanwy Fflur
Club Driver
Myfanwy Fflur

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2022-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May 2023 - 22:52

present

Back to top Go down
Austin Burchfield
Rookie
Austin Burchfield

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 1:54

I regret to inform you that I will not be taking part.

For starters, I had an argument with my girlfriend earlier and I need to sort that out, but it's also put me in the wrong mindset and I know I'll still be in that mindset come tomorrow(or today depending on when this is read).

Secondly, I had a really bad episode of Hypoglycemia on Monday which really fried my brain and, to be honest, I'm only about 90% at the moment. Because of this, I really haven't been able to practice and the little I did Thursday just showed that I would need to relearn a lot and I just haven't been able to do that. So truthfully, I don't feel that I would be a safe racer come tomorrow, and this track is already going to be difficult enough with the bumps and handicap.

Thank you all, I'll see you at Zandvoort. I can guarantee that.

Darren Andrews and Myfanwy Fflur like this post

Back to top Go down
Darren Andrews
Club Driver
Darren Andrews

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2022-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 2:26

Austin Burchfield wrote:
I regret to inform you that I will not be taking part.

For starters, I had an argument with my girlfriend earlier and I need to sort that out, but it's also put me in the wrong mindset and I know I'll still be in that mindset come tomorrow(or today depending on when this is read).

Secondly, I had a really bad episode of Hypoglycemia on Monday which really fried my brain and, to be honest, I'm only about 90% at the moment. Because of this, I really haven't been able to practice and the little I did Thursday just showed that I would need to relearn a lot and I just haven't been able to do that. So truthfully, I don't feel that I would be a safe racer come tomorrow, and this track is already going to be difficult enough with the bumps and handicap.

Thank you all, I'll see you at Zandvoort. I can guarantee that.

Make sure you get well soon mate.

Frank Verplanken, Myfanwy Fflur and Mark Johnson like this post

Back to top Go down
Declan Brush
Rookie
Declan Brush

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 3:29

Due to something that sprung on me last minute I will most likely be absent for the race. There may be a slim chance I’ll make it but for right now count me out sadly.

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 8:00

Sorry to hear all that Austin. I hope you get your levels back to normal and feel better soon. And good luck patching things up with the GF.
Take care and hopefully see you on track soon.

Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 9:42

Présent :conduit:

Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 15:21

Sorry, absent. Good luck all

Back to top Go down
Nicolas Hillebrand
Rookie

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 16:40

Present

Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 17:19

hello, I am trying to start rF2 to be able to run the race...and it gives me error...so I am not able to confirm my start today. Will do my best!

Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 17:21

Hey all ! Sorry I have been madly busy lately, and have not been able to properly test what I had in mind for the handicap system. So unfortunately, we're going to have to abandon that idea for this race, and run it as a normal scratch race.

Hopefully we will have another shot at handicap racing in the not too distant future, but I'd rather we do it properly than run into problems due to lack of preparation.

Sorry again Embarassed

Darren Andrews, Myfanwy Fflur and Stef Hermans like this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 18:29

Hi everyone,
will there be a broadcast of this race?
Back to top Go down
Darren Andrews
Club Driver
Darren Andrews

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2022-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 18:32

Ricardo Magno wrote:
Hi everyone,
will there be a broadcast of this race?
I am streaming :conduit:

Ricardo Magno likes this post

Back to top Go down
Niklas Kirsten
Rookie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2023-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 21:40

What a desaster - it started bad in qualifying when the car handled completely different on the rubbered track. Wasn't able to make the right adjustments.

Then came the start nad it got worse. I came off the line well, was on the inside. Braked too late, apparently, and understeered into Ricardos line. It was quite a hard impact on Ricardos wheel I think, so he retired. Very sorry for this Crying or Very sad . At the beginning of lap 2 (?) Matt tried to pass me on the inside of turn one. We came together, Matt spun. Don't know if I didn't let enough space there or if it was just a racing incident. Still felt so bad for Ricardo that I almost didn't care about my own race anymore. It showed immediatley when I ran off in the fast right hander after the long straight. Re-entered the track minus the front left wheel. At the hairpin, I noticed that I had no more brakes and ran straight into the next wall with about 70 kph. The car still refused to die so I made a 5 minutes repair stop - dead last 3 three laps behind. Just tried to finish then and not ruin more people's races. Jon seemed to have some kind of issue in the closing stages and slowed down a lot, so I finished an anstonishing second-last.

Hope for some more luck in Zandvoort. Oh wait, it wasn't bad luck but just rubbish driving...

Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, David Purchase and Stef Hermans like this post

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Race recap    1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 May 2023 - 22:19

Short version. Dissapointing but also good fun for a chunk of it.

Long version
I couldn't get within .5 seconds of my practice times. I see my theoretical best was much quicker but I couldn't string a good lap together. I then made a fairly slow start so Declan was able to get past.
It looked like I might be able to fight with the Porche and other Oscas.... for all of about a lap 😦
Then Declan and I settled into a fun race long fight.  :conduit: There were four key moments.
One early on when we were side by side heading into Knicker Shitter corner. I could imagine Mr Cunningham's face so deferred to the senior driver. :hello:
Then we were nose to tail for quite a while with the gap opening and closing with recovering drivers and then the leaders passing us.
The second moment was when I finally passed him into Knicker Shitter, but not really intentionally. Declan's car seemed to slow down as we went over the hump and I had to swerve to avoid (and squeeze my cheeks to avoid living up to the corner name). It was probably my first experience of net code. Rage
Anyway, I then started to open a  gap until I saw Stef had had an issue and started to reel him in.... that led to the third moment when I got over excited and spun along the main straight. :doh:
I managed to escape damage but Declan flew by.  So head down and get on with it :yaa: .
The gap started to come down and I thought there was a chance of a formation finish. The fourth moment was ehen he seemed to have an issue late on and I got past easily.
There were plenty of other wild moments during the race and some scary ones being lapped. The speed difference between us and the big cars at certain points is scary and difficult to avoid getting in the way and/or losing loads of time.
Declan mentioned the Moment with Nico and Isi and there was another with Toby and Goldrecky (Franek?).
So disappointed not to have done better but it was a fun race with Declan. Thanks team mate 🙂

Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, Declan Brush, Niklas Kirsten and Stef Hermans like this post

Back to top Go down
Stef Hermans
Rookie

Registration date : 2023-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 May 2023 - 0:27

Time to try and give my thoughts about my overall raceday.

Done a lot of laps before the official practice and qualy over the last 3 weeks to learn the track, had never driven here before and i got to say, the track is a rough one so i was really happy i put so many laps in beforehand.
Then in the official practice i was struggling to find the pace i knew i had earlier that day, same with qualy but oh well, i can live with that, and the race is what really matters in the end.

Had a decent start of the race and i was able to come trough intact after the first few corners, so i was already happy with that.

After a few laps i lost touch with the lower mid of the pack and found myself in a little battle with Ragnar for a lap or 8 i think, untill i got lapped by a group in front and had a few unlucky blue flags and later spun out in T1 on lap 20(i think) and lost any chance to Catch up on pure pace.

Was finally able to drive some good laps and was happy with my position when i suddenly saw Ragnar in the grass near the end of the race and was just able to pass and stay ahead.

So overall, disappointed with my qualy, happy with the eventual result of the race and really happy that i got to experience a rather clean race with some battles and realy happy i don't have to drive here for a wile :rigol:

Thanks to everyone who organized and showed up to race,  and i see you all (i hope) at zandvoort in 2 weeks

Darren Andrews, Myfanwy Fflur and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 May 2023 - 19:19

Although I was pretty angry and disappointed with the T1 incident, it's all good Niklas.

I didn't had the best start and I knew a car was approaching on the inside. I think I left enough space on the inside of the corner and tried to keep my car as much as possible to the outside but still on the track. The hit was pretty hard and sent me against the barriers, damaging heavily my car. As soon as I noticed the steering was "bent", I decided to call it a day. I believe it was the wisest call, as I knew that continuing would just ruin someone else's race.

Nevertheless, was glad with my qualy. In my practice sessions had a 1.50,4s and improved to 1.50,2s in qualy, earning P4 on the grid.

See you all in the next round, at Zandvoort. :top:

Darren Andrews, David Purchase and Stef Hermans like this post

Back to top Go down
Declan Brush
Rookie
Declan Brush

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 May 2023 - 19:53

David Purchase wrote:
The second moment was when I finally passed him into Knicker Shitter, but not really intentionally. Declan's car seemed to slow down as we went over the hump and I had to swerve to avoid (and squeeze my cheeks to avoid living up to the corner name). It was probably my first experience of net code.

Yeah I don’t know what happened there, on my end I think I braked earlier without realizing and my thought was that you saw the opportunity to dive bomb me and catch me napping.

David Purchase likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy   1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1954 Round 4 - BRDC British Empire Trophy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2