Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]

Go down 
+34
Guillaume Siebert
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
Chris Stephens
Simon Wattman
Michal Janak
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
Lee Simpson
Dana Schurer
Victor Montenegro
Yves Plaçais
Axel Putra
Mick Chapman
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Jukka Närhi
Martin Lacina
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Rob Swindells
David Sabre
Bruno Chacon
John Thim
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Adam Hackman
David Jaques
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 3:51

Lee Simpson wrote:
A Sunday holiday event will keep me away from the race.  #24 is available.

I'd like to try #24 please
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 3:53

Jason White wrote:
Lee Simpson wrote:

You lost your ride already, chief.
Oh wait.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Axel Putra
Club Driver
Axel Putra

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2015-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 11:20

Brian Janik wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Lee Simpson wrote:

You lost your ride already, chief.
Oh wait.. Embarassed

No "you" there is for Simpson, you're okay Janik.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 16:35

The servers are back up and running as of late last night.
If anyone experiences any issues as far as discos or slow connections, please let me know and I will investigate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 20:02

Out, travel with my family, holidays
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Dec 2017 - 21:41

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Out, travel with my family, holidays

I'll try #1 please :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Dec 2017 - 19:49

:doh: My graphics card started acting up so I have to release the #19, I don't want to risk taking anyone out in case of a possible screen freeze Neutral
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Dec 2017 - 21:03

I have some problem on this track. Sometimes FPS drops from normally 60 with vsync to 30 and the screen is horrible stuttered. After half a minute fps rise back to 60Hz. It happen during the practise and without opponent so no extra load for the GPU.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Dec 2017 - 22:08

Martin Lacina wrote:
I have some problem on this track. Sometimes FPS drops from normally 60 with vsync to 30 and the screen is horrible stuttered. After half a minute fps rise back to 60Hz. It happen during the practise and without opponent so no extra load for the GPU.

Is this happening online, offline or both?
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Dec 2017 - 23:53

Martin Lacina wrote:

i have a fairly modern system, i7-2600k, 16GB ram, GTX 550 Ti, and early this season i was also running with vsync, and also having intermittent issues keeping the frames up. most the time it was fine, but every once in a while it couldnt keep up and the frame drop was hard to look through. the only reason i was running the vsync option was to "limit" my frame rate (long story short, was running at 500fps and overheating my vid card without). but there is a much better way, turn off vsync and go to your .plr and edit the line "Max Framerate=", i found 80 to be a nice value.

so the main question, why are you choosing the vsync option?

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 0:23

I run v sync as well. ..for the reason you mentioned about limiting frame rate.
I'm not having issues though. Kaby Lake Pentium G4600, 8gb RAM, GTX 660 FTW. Similar in performance, for a sim like this, really.

In the past though, I've found the issue to often come from maxed out shadow settings. Backing it off from "max" to "high" helped. And sometimes maxed out special effects settings can cause this issue (at least has for me)
There's not a lot of difference in turning those two down to "high" from full, as long as textures are still at full.

On the practice server, I've noted the time of day is evening, and as the session progresses the sun moves, there is a glare on the track (as there should be..looks quite nice for rF)...
That's the only reason I mention the shadows. Seems to be when they have the most effect on a system.

Sometimes, rF struggles with progression of time of day as well. Evening hours can be worse I think, at least in my experience.

Limiting framerate in the plr works, but not quite. Sometimes fps will jump over, or slightly under the set rate without v sync enabled. For me, that caused tearing issues, and was annoying. I could notice the slight framerate changes. So, that's why I use vsync...but honestly, after being against it for a long time, after using it, at least on my machine, it's ran quite well in most sims, at least.

Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 1:42

racing
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 9:55

Jason White wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:

Is this happening online, offline or both?

Now i tried offline and it have happened as well.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 9:59

David Jaques wrote:

so the main question, why are you choosing the vsync option?

best,
dave

Recently i tried settings without vsync and it seemed to be worse. Picture was not so smooth as with vsync. But i didnt try to restrict the max framerate via plr file so i will try it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 12:46

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 14:23

#19 :conduit:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 18:25

Jason Whited wrote:

Limiting framerate in the plr works, but not quite.  Sometimes fps will jump over, or slightly under the set rate without v sync enabled.  For me, that caused tearing issues, and was annoying.  I could notice the slight framerate changes.  So, that's why I use vsync...but honestly, after being against it for a long time, after using it, at least on my machine, it's ran quite well in most sims, at least.  

not doubt the max framerate setting will not "lock" the frames at an exact rate, and depending on the loading of your system will likely go slightly over or under.  also, since the timing of the frames is not synced to the refresh rate of the monitor, you might notice artifacts depending on where you set the max frame limit.  try to always avoid multiples of the refresh rate, ie dont set max frames at or near 60, 120, 180, 240 etc.  i have mine set at 80, and works really well on my system.  

Martin Lacina wrote:

Recently i tried settings without vsync and it seemed to be worse. Picture was not so smooth as with vsync. But i didnt try to restrict the max framerate via plr file so i will try it. Thanks.

as mentioned above, make sure to try different max frame values. but before setting anything, try letting it run free just to see what the fps numbers are. if possible get some smoke or debris on the screen and see what the minimum framerate you see without a limit.

my opinion is vsync should be avoided like the plague.  but if someone wants to use it, and is having issues, i would say first turn vsync off and run the game to see how many frames per second you are getting.  your system needs to always be able to maintain well over 60fps at all times, never ever below.  really it should be well over this at all times, all conditions, full cars visible on screen, smoke, etc. and never ever below.  

basically i think it comes down to, if you are using vsync to solve a technical issue, it might be best to fully explore other alternatives first.  or, if its for the "eye candy" and purely a choice, then beware of the possible pitfalls, and if issues arise try it off.

having that max framerate setting pointed out to me really solved all the issues i was having.

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 19:50

Agree with a lot of what David J. has to say, I've also heard that its best to use a prime number so I use 83 and seems to work good for me. I never use v-sync .
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 20:31

The server will be back up after the AMS race
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2017 - 22:17

Richard Coxon wrote:
The server will be back up after the AMS race

Server is back up  :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2017 - 7:50

The final round Broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWKpMF4v6s

I hope that you all have had a good week of practice and is looking forward to the championship deciding race :drink:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2017 - 12:50

I'm out for tonight. No matter what I do, I can't get the car to follow my input, don't get any decent laptimes at all, it'll end in a crash anyways, and to make things worse, I really haven't eaten nor drank something since yesterday's lunch, because as soon as I put something in my mouth, I'm having hiccups, all my throat and esophagus is sore, I'm having headaches and still got to go to work. All a bit to much. :urgence:

Enjoy the finale!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2017 - 12:59

I hope you feel better soon Michael. :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2017 - 18:14

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
The final round Broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWKpMF4v6s

I hope that you all have had a good week of practice and is looking forward to the championship deciding race :drink:

Jonatan, you have done an amazing job broadcasting for us this year.  Often times with no one else in the booth and with many other things going on during your weekend.  I know I speak for everyone here when I say we are very appreciative of the work you do.  Thank you!   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2017 - 18:52

yes! Massive thanks Jonathan :drink:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next