Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]

Go down 
+34
Guillaume Siebert
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
Chris Stephens
Simon Wattman
Michal Janak
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
Lee Simpson
Dana Schurer
Victor Montenegro
Yves Plaçais
Axel Putra
Mick Chapman
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Jukka Närhi
Martin Lacina
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Rob Swindells
David Sabre
Bruno Chacon
John Thim
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Adam Hackman
David Jaques
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 16:33

Thanks everyone for being involed in this championship. Really a highlight this year, lot of fun and competition. Well deserved champion  :clap:

Happy with finishing four times on podium out of twelve races (missed two rounds) and break the 100 points mark
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 17:01

I really enjoyed this series too; driving the late Scott Brayton's Amway car Smile  He was from my home state of Michigan.  My best result was at Indy, where I exploited the Buick's extra grunt to finish 4th, but I did have some surprisingly fun races on road courses too (i.e. Cleveland, Mid-Ohio) Looking forward to honing my open wheel road course skills further with F1 1971 next year  bounce

Thank you to David for the cars, Alberto and Richard Wilks for the physics, and Johnny Aces for the broadcasts Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 17:36

This championship has been for me brilliant. Ups and downs throughout!

Last night i just wanted to repeat Laguna seca, down to the strategy. The start was tough with Jacob making a brilliant overtake into T2 but managed to get him back on the straight. After that for me it was all about bringing it home in 1st and hoping Jacob finishes 3rd or below. Not much to really say about my race, going to plan and had great pace only for me and Dad to both have connection loss on lap 70. Gutted was an understatement.. really was

However Jacob brings it home and becomes champion so you have to applaud him for that. Consistent throughout the calendar. Really well done on that Jacob :top:

Also huge thanks to Jason, Richard, Alberto and anyone else I may of missed for organizing a fantastic championship. Seriously impressive!

And lastly to Jonathon. Broadcasting is always top quality and never seems to miss anything, so thank you for that cheers

Thanks all! Cant wait to start another championship with you
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 17:48

Grant Riddall wrote:
Cant wait to start another championship with you

Won't be too long  Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Dec 2017 - 18:19

Hi guys, I have to say this has been the best series I've raced in, the cars and tracks are brilliant, and it caters for every ones needs, just a shame we aren't racing them next year.

Well done to Jacob for wining the championship.

I would like to thank HSO for all there hard work, long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 10:54

I would also like to say Thank You to all involved in a terrific series! From the engineers and designers to the organizers and drivers, it was a fantastic effort on everyone's part!

I was late to the party when the mod came out last winter and missed the boat for a full-time ride. But, to be honest, my rustiness in road racing left me leery about taking a full-time seat at the many road courses. (But I've been working on that.) Wink

Some may have thought me a snob for only joining in when there was fast ride available, but with no way to compete in the points, there was no way to run except for the checkered flag. And, as I've already said, the road courses in these cars were intimidating me. (As well as a loathing for concrete canyon street courses.)

But I was having nearly as much fun behind the scene. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the testing tuning at nearly all the tracks, whether I was in the race or not. Helping other drivers with setups where I could provided its own satisfaction. And hearing reports that some of my adjustments were helping several I hadn't worked with was another.

In that spirit, let us not forget the loss of one our champions this year. While I'm sure he was always racing for the win, Bob Wilson was first and foremost about the spirit of the competition. And no one would have loved more the fact that three drivers were in championship contention coming into the final race.

And what a final race it was! The absolute dichotomy in strategies and styles was beyond the imagination of the greatest of authors. Grant was absolutely balls out and belly down, running the car like he stole it and beating a rented mule at the same time. Jacob was lapping like a machine, always within a few hundredths each lap. And David was hanging on, waiting for the dice to fall his way.

It was a race that was huge fun to call! Jonaton at anchor and Professor Ibanez with infinite wisdom and keen observation. I was in the presence of experts! I can only hope I was holding up my third of the bargain.

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to "Johnny Aces" for letting me set in on the broadcasts and letting me participate in that little way as well as be a driver/reporter for the races in which I was driving. I think he and I both learned the frustration of real world broadcasters in finding things to talk about during the four hour rain delay before the Indy 500 was postponed.

Since I have now referenced "Johnny Aces" after Jason White did above, I want to explain I have been toying with that moniker for Jonaton for most of the season but only offered in this season finale. I hope he takes no offense.

By the same token, I threw out another nickname that I sincerely believe receives an honor for said recipient. For being able to rattle off drivers/crew chiefs/numbers/chassis/tracks/dates/times/records/pole positions/starting orders/finishing positions for any given series/championship/discipline AND produce a trivia question about the first champion floor ball club, I nominate Jason White as HSO's "Official Sam Posey"!

Once again, congratulations to all! I've had a blast!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 12:25

Couldn't race in any of the events due to timezone work issues (Australian who starts way too early in the morning). I have to say I really don't get the enjoyment out of real motorsport anymore that I do out of the simulated version.
You wouldn't believe it but Ive actually gotten to know all the driver's without ever racing with any you. Its all thanks to the commentary skills of all involved.
Little pieces of information about driving styles and lessons learnt during the practice sessions. Brilliant stuff.
The highlight for me was the laps of honour to your passed gentleman racer at Indianapolis, absolutely amazing touch. Honestly I haven't been so engaged in motorsport in such a long time.
Hats off to all involved. The spirit and passion you all have here is something to be very proud of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 12:31

+1000

Hats off to everyone who contributes to making this community so great.

And thank you all once again for all your kind comments! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 13:37

Congratulations to Jacob, a great performance all year. :top: :first:

Although I'm not as directly involved in the CART series as much as the other admin, I do know the amount of hard work that has gone into the mod and championship. All we want is for you guys to enjoy the series we put on and the praise you give us is a fantastic reward for our work.

Thank you :drink:

Hopefully we can impress you again next year :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 22:38

Gerat race for me, not too much time spent in pre race practice, few laps to familiare to new car (THX Juha)

started Q little later, first laps , crash, boom bang, then finaly soem good counted laps and 1s down to my best, nearly beat Juha in his new fast car . Race, this time good start, got 1 position to front and iIMHO my best move on HSO in T2 i overtake 2 cars at once :conduit:

then i go comfortably only lost litle of concentration when letting bye lapping car, lost position and then before 1st pitstop i forgot switch off repairs (after small contact with wall without feel it on car) and spen in total 30s instead of 11. lost some positions but after return to track i was in good pace and shortening the gap to my targets (specialy Juha - my most often competitor from many races here)

Then Juha crashed when i was only 4s behind so no batlle , as the end of the race was comming, i got to final 5th place so i was surprised and very happy with this result, car was great here, i went whole race on boost1 .

grats to all finishers, congrats to new champion and BIG THX to all who was making this series for us :top: :hello:

in the race i was surprised how much of Jasons White(d) there are :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Dec 2017 - 22:41

I'm glad you enjoyed my old car. :D

And congratulations Jacob on winning the title. :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Dec 2017 - 23:09

Congratulations to the winner/s :champ:
And all the stuff and drivers! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Feb 2019 - 20:22

The results table Smile
Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 4nGM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]   Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 14 - Miami Indy Challenge [Dec 10th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5