Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]

Go down 
+27
Ben Paulet
finally gone :)
Oscar Hardwick
Stefan Maurischat
Matthias Weber
Didier Conjeaud
Yves Plaçais
Philippe Martinelli
Frank Verplanken
Gérard Ryon
Lee Simpson
Arturo Pereira
Mick Chapman
Pascal Le pihive
Vincent Beretta
James Knowles
Steve Parker
Guillaume Siebert
Greg Hunt
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Karel Marciniszyn
Raul Jereb
Mario Gassner
Cláudio Augusto
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Audran
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Arturo Pereira
Club Driver

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-08-23

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:23

Also got a Stop and Go, not sure why. I got a brainfade and rearended Steve I think and the front suspensión was badly damaged. Then came the Stop&Go but after one lap it was clear the car was not ok so I decided to enter the pits and abandon the race. Not sure who rearended me right before entering the pits, but the engine just died. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:30

Everything was going great......had everything covered....wasn't really on the pace,...............then...a knock on my door....(some one wanting to borrow a cup of sugar maybe.......5 minutes later........still knocking, somewhat determined.......maybe I left the oven on and I am about to be...well, whatever........the Police!!!!!.........wrong address!!!!!

Hope I didnt cause a penalty or another yellow pulling over......It was on last corner just before the green..........it sounded like they were about to knock the door down.......

One thing tho, is on a previous caution, I was caught out on someone being tight left and slowing......It just never occured to me, cars maybe pitting......I spun trying to avoid, hope there was no contact.
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:51

Ai yi yi...a disconnect.... Sad

I'm sure the final 14 or so drivers could tell somethign was wrong as I was 2-3 seconds slower per lap.

Was looking at the HUD during a caution period-and all of a sudden a rear wing filled my monitor-and I took to the wall

Car was drivable but-would not hold a straight line, and wheel was canted about 30 degrees to the right on the straights..

But it was drivable..and I could get 21s with no traffic-but BOY was it a workout on my bicepts...and it required an insane amoung of focus not only on mirrors, progress bar, and making sure it was keepting straight.

JP-I know I confused you prior to that tap- I am truly sorry man. On cold tires with the car damages as it was coming off the turns onto straights was very diffciult.

Would have been nice to have finished...but ah well...

I expect there will be some good reading here for the next few days.....
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:56

Mick Chapman wrote:
Everything was going great......had everything covered....wasn't really on the pace,...............then...a knock on my door....(some one wanting to borrow a cup of sugar maybe.......5 minutes later........still knocking, somewhat determined.......maybe I left the oven on and I am about to be...well, whatever........the Police!!!!!.........wrong address!!!!!

Hope I didnt cause a penalty or another yellow pulling over......It was on last corner just before the green..........it sounded like they were about to knock the door down.......

One thing tho, is on a previous caution, I was caught out on someone being tight left and slowing......It just never occured to me, cars maybe pitting......I spun trying to avoid, hope there was no contact.

Sorry, but the first thing which came to my mind:
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Stefan Maurischat
Club Driver
Stefan Maurischat

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:58

Arturo Pereira wrote:
Also got a Stop and Go, not sure why. I got a brainfade and rearended Steve I think and the front suspensión was badly damaged. Then came the Stop&Go but after one lap it was clear the car was not ok so I decided to enter the pits and abandon the race. Not sure who rearended me right before entering the pits, but the engine just died. My apologies.

Sorry Arturo, i rearended you. I was on the inside line no chance to avoid the crash...

Really wanted to finish this one, had a good pace from practice. Big Thanks to Setup-Genius Mario Gassner! :top: Car was amazing fast and good to drive, going 19.1sec with full tank :conduit:

Cya next time!
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:12

quel chantier cette course
vive les drapeaux jaunes... lol!
DQ aux quallifs deux runs de 2 tours comptés 5 tours
départ 24 et remontée doucement vers le podiums:third:
grosse bagarre avec fredrikson🔝 et jp intouchable Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 3108518133

pour une fois que je finis

COOL
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:22

Oh wow, what a race this developed into!

First half: being conservative, not getting into fight, lining up the strategy etc. It wasn't until I had done what I thought would be my final pit stop, at about 80 to go, that I really started to race. And by then, most of the competition had crashed or done something strange strategy-wise, so I was looking really good.

Then another caution came out, with about 60 to go, and JP was back on the lead lap. Knowing how much tyre wear there was, I pitted again. Did not take on more fuel.

And so, JP was on my back all the time. Never more than 8 tenths away. And now, I noticed I was burning too much fuel! So had to lean out, while still racing JP! Not easy, but managed the stay in the lead and save the necessary fuel so I could go full boost for the last 10 laps. But then an over-aggressive lapped car tangled with JP and there was another caution. I had struggled on cold tires all race, JP had not. He passed me on the restart with 2 to go, and I couldn't really respond. Was alongside in the final corner, but JP fought me off. A well-deserved win and another great result for Team Rahal! :second:
Back to top Go down
Lee Simpson
Club Driver

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:27

Great race while it lasted. I was running 5th on lap 116 when I had to pit under green. Not good. Came back up to speed in 9th but had fuel to the end. Five laps later the yellow came out and I was rear ended as everyone slowed down. Broken suspension. I tried a few more laps but it was undriveable so I hung it up.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:29

Results and standing updated on the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:37

Running as ' ' super sub '' with the car Arciero and managed to finish in 6th even with a weaker engine. I had a good strategy did not get involved in accidents and I am very happy with my result . Second race here and finished in 6th :flag: :yaa: cheers :top: VERY NICE RACE :hello:

Thank you Claudio Augusto for helping me as spotter and set up and introduce myself league :top: :cowboy: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 23:45

It was a good race, too many yellows but still fun Smile

Congrats to all finishers, didn't expect to see so many people dissapear in this wide track where braking is not even required. 

My race was good at the beginning, stood always behind the untouchable JP Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 3108518133 and we were solidly leading, but eagerness got us and we missed the opportunity to pit under yellow. Some laps later I had to go in under green, and screwed things royally. Went back out and turned up the boost, but some laps later another yellow came. Wondering what to do :hum: decided to dive into the pits in the end and came out to the green flag while still joining the track. This one saved my race, as in the end I did not have to pit again and went to a solid 4th, not bad but ... lesson learned :hihi: 

Besides congrats to JP and Jackob, I want to give a special congrats to Pascal :clap: :clap: :clap: He has been running all season incredibly fast at ovals, and he really deserved a podium on one, well done :top:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 0:00

The race started well, but then had the stupidest strategy ever.

I didn't pit around lap 80, because I had enough fuel to go mid-race, but I quickly noticed that there weren't many cars left, and that the yellow flag wouldn't come soon.
Then it was recovery mode hoping for enough yellows to catch the pack, and then overtake the leader.

I finally found myself fighting with Jacob, once again in CART, but this time for the victory. Even if it was a sort of green white checkered, I hope my driving wasn't too harsh Jacob affraid
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 13:25

Im glad I managed to finish the race (finaly).. and even score some points.

Im amazed how heroic some of your moves are (generaly)...
Its a wide track indeed, but I cant avoid or give room to more than two cars at a time, and than a third hero crashes my suspension... I drove more than 2/3 with broken car. And even then, when I was 3-4 sec slower then the rest of the grid, and I was driving widest possible giveing enough space to all of you, some of you cut my trajectory and pushes me out, more than once...

Im really sorry Greg for ruineing your race, I must admit Im not aware of what happend, if I could se the replay.. I think you tried to overtake me from the outside while I was kicked from somebody from the inside, despite a lot of space a left, but I could be wrong... Im really sorry, my car was on the limit of drivability, and I had a fight of my own..

Congratulations to the rest of the finishers, and everybody else...
Nice, but tough race.
:flag:

Last edited by Raul Jereb on Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 17:34

Thanks Alberto, :top:

not so bad the 4th place :clap: with the PENSKE of your DREAMS.  lol!
I tried it .... 18.900 my best..... far away of your time :doh:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 19:09

En revisionnant le replay,dans le tour n°13.Je voudrais m'excuser auprès de Roma,que j'ai aperçu trop tard dans mes rétros.Pourquoi a tu abandonner?il me semble que ta voiture était intact.Et puis vient le tour n°47,je suivais Matthias qui perd le controle de sa monoplace,je le percute,aileron avant envolé ,le moteur se coupe.Abandon :smil20: .Dommage, je tenais le rythme.
Bravo :first: JP :second: Jacob :third: Pascal :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 21:56

5eme et c'était inespéré après le crash du début de course. Après ça, j'étais encore plus lent et je dois beaucoup aux abandons.
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 21:58

Philippe Henrique wrote:
Running as ' ' super sub '' with the car Arciero and managed to finish in 6th even with a weaker engine. I had a good strategy did not get involved in accidents and I am very happy with my result . Second race here and finished in 6th :flag: :yaa: cheers :top:   VERY NICE RACE :hello:  

Thank you Claudio Augusto for helping me as spotter and set up and introduce myself league :top: :cowboy: :hello:  

Thanks for giving my car a good running in Philippe :top: Points on the board for Arciero bodes very nicely Smile
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:00

sérieux j avais la rage Twisted Evil  c est juste inconcevable que je ne sais pour quelle raison apres le lancement du tour de formation et en franchisant la ligne de sortie des pits ( soit 10 m de parcouru grand max !!!) le jeu me dise que je suis mal placé et que je dois me placé derriere Karel le dernier pilote , et meme pas le temps de réagir que 20 metres plus tard je prends un stop and go de 10 S plus l obligation de me placer dernier sur la grille derriere lui :grrr: :grrr:  la je demande en toute légitimité un restart et rien du tout , désolé mais ce n est pas cool :bangry:  ( combien de restarts rien qu a long beach ???.... on s est compris )

en plus pour la 1 ere fois depuis le debut de saison sur un oval , j avais un tres bon rythme Neutral

au 3 eme tour je me retrouve donc dernier a 1 tour de tout le monde , en 30 tours je redouble tout le monde pour arriver a annuler mon tour de retard , en 30 tours encore je re redouble tout le monde pour me retrouver 2 eme derriere JP , je pit sous yellow , 20 tours apres je récupere la 1 ere place , je mène pendant 18 tours,  en sortie de courbe je perds l arriere d un coup et percute à pleine vitesse le muret des stands , je pit sous yellow et effectue les réparations , je repars dernier , de la je remonte tres vite à la 3 eme position et au moment de lapper Raul par l exterieur au T3, des que je suis a sa hauteur ,  il s ecarte soudainement sur la droite  , me percute et m envoie directement m exploser dans le mur exterieur , fin de l histoire Game Over

bravo a Jp et aux finisseurs , moi super décu et rageur .....

Last edited by Greg Goissen on Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:07

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
Running as ' ' super sub '' with the car Arciero and managed to finish in 6th even with a weaker engine. I had a good strategy did not get involved in accidents and I am very happy with my result . Second race here and finished in 6th :flag: :yaa: cheers :top:   VERY NICE RACE :hello:  

Thanks for giving my car a good running in Philippe :top: Points on the board for Arciero bodes very nicely Smile

Alessio without problems , was a very nice race , but I was really under a lot of responsibility because the car was his and would not hurt . by lucky I managed to finish in 6th without any damage :conduit: :hello: :top:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:24

Gérard Ryon wrote:
En revisionnant le replay,dans le tour n°13.Je voudrais m'excuser auprès de Roma,que j'ai aperçu trop tard dans mes rétros.Pourquoi a tu abandonner?il me semble que ta voiture était intact.Et puis vient le tour n°47,je suivais Matthias qui perd le controle de sa monoplace,je le percute,aileron avant envolé ,le moteur se coupe.Abandon :smil20: .Dommage, je tenais le rythme.
Bravo :first: JP :second: Jacob :third: Pascal :yaa:

Désolé, Gerald :smil20:

Had very good flying starts and finally got to P3, but at Lap 47, Alberto made a small move to my line and i didn't want to hit him and right at the moment the car got flying Sad

Would hadbeen a great race, grats to alle survivors!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:42

You can see Vincent' Milwaukee screenshots on the results page Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:47

Nice feature! Quite low graphics settings though? And could you please spell my name right from now on? Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:48

Excellent screenshot of the finish Vincent :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:48

Quote :
Alberto made a small move to my line and i didn't want to hit him and right at the moment the car got flying

Noticed you crashed behind me during the race, but since we had no contact I wondered if you had been hit from behind by another car. I was at the absolute right side of the track and we were approaching the turn fast. I turned more abruptly because I was way past my normal entry point, and it surprised me that you had not already dived for the inside -which is what I was waiting for. I corrected when I saw you still close, but you took evasive maneuver and your car lost control. Maybe you were a bit focused on getting even more forward and you didn't turn in because of that? If you had dived for the inside you would have passed without problems, because I was leaving the inside line free. Sorry if you misunderstood me staying outside so long, but I couldn't hold the turn entry any more :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:53

Yes, you got it right, had bad headache the whole day, so i've not been very concentrated.

Just looked a bit to much in the mirrors, so completely my mistake. Very sorry to knock out Gérard with that move.

I hope i can make a better race next time, try to train a little bit more ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next