Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]

Go down 
+27
Ben Paulet
finally gone :)
Oscar Hardwick
Stefan Maurischat
Matthias Weber
Didier Conjeaud
Yves Plaçais
Philippe Martinelli
Frank Verplanken
Gérard Ryon
Lee Simpson
Arturo Pereira
Mick Chapman
Pascal Le pihive
Vincent Beretta
James Knowles
Steve Parker
Guillaume Siebert
Greg Hunt
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Karel Marciniszyn
Raul Jereb
Mario Gassner
Cláudio Augusto
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Audran
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 17:16

j ai cru apercevoir un 347 km/h en course JP... affraid
j ai revé ou  c'était ta vitesse de pointe ? scratch

j etait au max a 331 appui 16 Av et 20 arriere :smil20:  .......un avion cette rahal :top:

a moins que ce soit le bon vin de provence qui concurence REDBULL lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 17:34

Quote :
 what do you think about official test race for 1/4 of laps one week before the "live" one? We did this before in our GPL league (years ago) and it was very good because learning empty track is different from learning on track with other cars

Karel what is really needed is that people are humble and recognize that these cars are very difficult to drive at the limit. What I see in many races is some people acting as if this was Go-Karting, Touring Cars or whatever, full of aggressive movements and carelessness that are completely out of place here. The restarts are a good example of the madness getting loose and some people willing to gain positions with the elbows if necessary.  The last TCL race in Monaco was like that, it was wild even by touring cars standards but then you come here and see people raicng the same with 900HP open-wheelers. It can't work!

There is a very simple rule here, driving these cars (in rfactor) is not difficult, but doing it at the limit certainly is. 90% of the accidents invariably happen because of trying to go faster than you really can, but few people want to limit themselves to do that when this means seeing teh pack vanishing in the horizon. It takes discipline :smil20:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 18:08

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
j ai cru apercevoir un 347 km/h en course JP... affraid
j ai revé ou  c'était ta vitesse de pointe ? scratch

j etait au max a 331 appui 16 Av et 20 arriere :smil20:  .......un avion cette rahal :top:

a moins que ce soit le bon vin de provence qui concurence REDBULL lol!

Je suis juste très doué en ligne droite (copyright Gui :jp: )

On m'avait fait la réflexion à Homestead, mais j'ai pas fait attention à ma vmax :smil20:
On a tous les deux un Ford, le setup me convenait bien, donc je suppose qu'aller plus vite en virage aide pour la vitesse de pointe en fin de ligne droite
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 19:54

Quote :
 je suppose qu'aller plus vite en virage aide pour la vitesse de pointe en fin de ligne droite

Exactly

From my tips thread:

Quote :
...  because the speeds are generally high (The turns at a short track like Milwaukee are faster than the fastest turns on most road tracks) you don't have a problem with throttle control but instead your main objetive is to keep your speed and not scrubbing it off. The importance of smoothness is extreme

Because the turns are fast, your priority is not just accelerating quicker at the exit, but doing it from the already fastest speed possible. That means carrying more speed through the apex.

A good setup that allows you to go through the corner faster produces also a faster top speed. On road tracks you want to enter the corner braking and accelerate as soon and hard as possible, because there is where you can gain time. On ovals you gain time going faster through the corner and being faster at the following straight as a consequence.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 21:17

houps GREG il est francais en fait

désolé je pensais que tu était belge

d'ou la blague

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015 - 23:44

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
houps GREG il est francais en fait

désolé je pensais que tu était belge

d'ou la blague

la blague ??? quelle blague ?
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2015 - 21:07

Arturo Pereira wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Arturo Pereira wrote:
I got a brainfade and rearended Steve I think and the front suspensión was badly damaged.

And you did it at some speed,why i dont know because we were under yellow and following safety car,you damaged my car so bad it wrecked my race,first 75+ laps i was going well no damage avoided all the trouble was sat in 7th place and had pitted so cars in front of me still needed to pit,so wasted evening for me.

All the same for me Steve. A wasted evening.

Then be more careful
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2015 - 21:30

JP Campmajo wrote:

- some guys are a danger when running at their potential, but are worse when running with a damaged car that can't go straight and are lapped every three laps.
etc...

Is this me???
:doh:
Il try not to be smashed next time.
promise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]   Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Rex Mays 200 [March 22th]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7