Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Connection Problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeSat 15 Feb 2014 - 23:44

I cannot join servers. Also, I cant download any files linked in HSO forums (Also same on my laptop

As extra info, I cant join gpl servers by direct IP but can through vroc. This was also the case a week ago(gpl) then oneday I could again for a day or two

I have checked Firewall Exceptions, and rfactor is selected.

I use Microsift Security essentialsm and scan with Spybot

I am at a loss,
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2014 - 13:09

Always no good issues?
I believe to remember me that David cid had a similar problem. scratch 
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:14

Always? yes, so it seems....although not quite always...Pretty much last year, my machine which I only used for gpl ran so well. But the connection was slow, so I didn't bother wasting time on the net. But since I moved, the novelty of a fast broadband has taken it toll on my machine.

After doing google search for various mods.....before I joined HSO, I appear to have been taken to "third party" links....and always clicking on the most "Prominant" link unwittingly realised I was also downloading instalers and toolbars etc.....

A friend (a very competant one) installed malware scanners and spybot.....But somehow a "rogue" fix app was on my desktop, and thinking it was the one my friend instaled, clicked on it to do a scan and then doing a google search for it for "help" it I realised my mistake.

Now I had the "connecting to" problem before thenm but my incompitance aint helping.

I have elearnt a BIG lesson and carelessness has cost me (I will have to miss the IMSA/SCCA races tonight, the SCCA one in which I am at top of Champ Standings.

I will PM David, and see if he has an instant fix up his sleeve, though I have no expectations

Thanks for the reply Ben
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:32

Yes indeed it sounds like David's problem, and if I remember correctly it had to do with his internet provider...
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2014 - 16:34

Problem Solved!!! I am SO SO relieved.

After trawling other threads, I came across "Try Resetting Router"...................and it works...all sorted.

Thanks for your attention, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2014 - 15:42

I'm happy you're ok now Mick.
Yes my problem I think was that. When I've called the support of my internet provider, they remotely reset and configure my router again, and after that, all was fine!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/david.cid.980
Sponsored content

Connection Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection Problem   Connection Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connection Problem
Page 1 of 1