Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]

Go down 
+45
Ricard Suanya
Jens Kraft
Chris Hamilton
Tiago Malafaya
James Knowles
Nuno Borges
David Jundt
Philippe Martinelli
Paul Nadeau
David Cid
finally gone :)
Oscar Hardwick
Pascal Le pihive
Gérard Ryon
Jonatan Acerclinth
Christien Hoogveld
Evan Madore
Jason White
Honza Mild
Philippe Marot
Mario Kermat
Mick Claridge
Greg Hunt
Thomas Cazorla
Vadim Sadoshenko
Carl Larrad
Freddy Hell
Leo Menegucci
Laurent Binet
Thomas Roth
Yannick Lampure
Joel Sixou
Jean-louis Petillot
Yves Plaçais
Frank Verplanken
Marcelo Aiello
Lan Weingerl
Alessio Campigotto
Vincent Beretta
Patrick Marucco
Mike Becnel
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
Ben Paulet
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Lan Weingerl
Rookie
Lan Weingerl

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-10-09

1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 19:15

Well in my case it wasnt my fault... because im using an old game pad for shifting and buttons are in really bad condition... Now i will get a bmw steptronic and wire it to my pc :D
Back to top Go down
Philippe Marot
Club Driver
Philippe Marot

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 19:38

Frank Verplanken wrote:
*** NOTE A PHILIPPE MAROT ***
Il n'y aura dorénavant plus de mansuétude de notre part. Environ 100% de nos nembres arrivent à mettre des majuscules à leur nom, il n'y a donc aucune raison pour que tu n'y arrives pas. Sauf présentation de ta part d'un certificat médical confirmant ton allergie aux lettres majuscules tu ne seras pas autorisé à rouler sur nos serveur à l'avenir.
:flag:
non, je n'ai pas de certificat médical
Cependant suite à un problème de disque dur j'ai tout perdu et j'ai tout réinstallé depuis Windows jusqu'à RFactor et ses mods
Je suis effectivement coupable d'avoir oublié cette règle, je précise que j'avais fait la correction lors de la de course précédente
voilà je m'explique
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 19:43

cheers :clap: :banane: :champ: 

Regards,

mIKE bECNEL
Back to top Go down
David Cid
Pro Driver
David Cid

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 20:37

Yes! another event cheers 
I wish its with the same mod What a Face 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/david.cid.980
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 21:09

I Had not done any long distance testing here so had no idea on fuel consumption and tyres so just filled the car up and hoped for the best i figured after hearing other people that everyone would have to pit ...

The Fuel consumption on the RSR was unbelievably good and still had 1/4 of a tank of fuel left at the end
so I was a little overweight ... I Was not sure if i would make it home in time as i had a 2 1/2 hour drive from Devon to get home , so was already Tired an fed up with driving lol! 

Was surprised and very happy to just grab  5th place from Martin in qualifying ... The Start of the race was quite scary as i had had a few mini screen freezes and a few cars where warping all over the place but after 10 laps or so it all seemed to settle down ... I  Just kept plodding on lucky for me drivers in front and behind seemed to be dropping out all the time my goal for the race was to get a top 5 place as i feel the RSR was definitely the best car to have in the GTO field ..

For many laps i was struggling to keep my concentration as i had been driving all day and i was tired but then Ricard arrived on the scene boy did he give me a run for my money in the 911s middle of the race he was all over me in the slow parts and i blew him away on the fast sections it was like cat and mouse ....

Great Fun but eventually i managed to lose him but then Jens appeared after a pitstop and towards the end of the race i had the same fun with him .....

I Was very tempted to make a pit stop for some New Tyres but I'm so glad i chose not to as i think the gamble paid off as i took 5th from Mario when he pitted and then later gained a place when Lan retired so after a very long day was very pleased with 4th place ....

Congrats Greg you where in a class of your own tonight   :champ: 
Congrats Martin the Corvette is such a brute to drive ... :clap: 
Congrats Greg you where to fast for me .. :hello:  
Congrats Ricard Top of the class in GTU .. :champ:
Congrats all finishers :drink:  

Thx to Jens and Ricard for keeping it interesting and giving me a good race :conduit:
Well done Hso great organization as always :champ:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 23:36; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 22:26

Richard Coxon wrote:
Jens Kraft wrote:
can anyone tell me if there is a trick to get the car running after a crash like in GPL
Drive back to the pits and prepare for a long wait! :hihi: 

i simply went on the grass to avoid the hunting back, omg back in place 26 it was like Hyenas attacking some rotten meat i just went wide in turn 1 and let them pass till the knight of the black (mustan?) or so protected me with 1.5tons and shielding me in corners :D

0.6sec slower per lap till i found confidencce.

and now i am back from work, so late and i am still delighted. fastest lap of the semi professional class: WOW

makes hungry for more

but my back hurts so much i make 1 week break.

it took me till lap 60 till i found out that u can actually push turn 3 (right) and then left quite flat out.
the tires ear outevenly, the rear a bit faster so i could go with 145 (!) kph through turn 1 and catch many cars in that turn Razz

the racing was so much fun to be in it instad of watching it on TV!!!!!!
u girls make me excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 0:07

Philippe Marot wrote:
non, je n'ai pas de certificat médical
Cependant suite à un problème de disque dur j'ai tout perdu et j'ai tout réinstallé depuis Windows jusqu'à RFactor et ses mods
Je suis effectivement coupable d'avoir oublié cette règle, je précise que j'avais fait la correction lors de la de course précédente
voilà je m'explique
Bon ok c'est une bonne excuse, ça va :D . Et en effet tu avais corrigé ça pour ta dernière participation. Je me suis emporté, je m'excuse :drink: 
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Joel Sixou
Experienced Driver
Joel Sixou

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:04

Super soirée pour moi. Difficile de s'ennuyer sur ce mod surtout avec le nombre de pilotes qu'il y avait Wink
Plein d'arsouilles en début de course plus la relance de Frank en milieu de course au moment ou je commencais à prendre un rythme de fin de soirée. :yaa: 
Stratégie gagnante pour ceux qu'il me semble n'ont pas eu besoin de ravitailler? Ou je me trompe?
Bravo Ricard et Greg et à tous les finisseurs.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 14:44

In a first time, I would like thank everybody. Since I announced this Open, I stressed to have not a large participation. 40 cars booked, 37 for the race. It's just wonderful to see that. And it was still more amazing to see all thess differents cars on the track. THANKS, THANKS and THANKS you for coming. :top: 

I've a good start with my "twin" in Capri, Yannick. We were together during the 15 firsts laps, but he was faster than me. I couldn't to follow him. At this moment, I'm in 7th pos. In the 20 laps, I loose the car in the last turn, and I hurt the wall before the chrono line. The half of the car blinks in red in the HUD Damage. I don't want make a entire lap like that. So I try to go back to the pit entry and avoid the DQ. I wait for 385 lengthy sec in the stands. :D 
I thinked to do a ESC a half second, but not. I waited this event since 1 month. A little few despited by this misadventure, I try to find motivation to climb back.
I finished 15th behind David and yet very happy. :frank: 

I hope see the same large audience in a near future. I count on you. Thanks again for this good event. :clap:
I hadn't seen outrageous behaviors on track, thanks for that too, but if someone has some claiming, send me by mp.:frank: 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 15:51

Is there a people who have been forced to change tires?
For those who hadn't done a pitstop, how were your tires at the end of the race?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 15:53

Ben Paulet wrote:
Is there a people who have been forced to change tires?
For those who hadn't done a pitstop, how were your tires at the end of the race?
My tires were fine, the main issue I had was the changing handling characteristics as the fuel load dropped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2013 - 16:20

Well, just want to say, it was a fantastic open event, nearly 40 cars... wow. cheers 
My race went nicely, it started with a good fight against Joel and Vincent, who were fast, it wasn't easy to escape from them.
As the race progressed, I managed to open a nice gap with my rivals in the GTU class. :conduit:  I was following Mike and his RSR quite closely during all my stint, but his mighty power was too much for me, and I couldn't keep up, so I decided to forget about him.  
Fuel consumption was perfect, I didn't need to stop to refill, but my tyres weren't in that good condition, and by lap 45-50 they were gone, so I pitted in lap 50, got fresh rubber and got back behind Jens and Jean-Louis. The little 911 felt a lot better than before,  I caught Jean-Louis, overtook him on the long straight, and shortly after that, Jens made his pit stop, so I was left alone in the lead of my class, until the end of the race. :flag: 

Great event, great racing, great mixture of cars. :clap: 

Congrats to Greg for his amazing win, and to Martin and Gerard for their podiums. :champ: 
And also to Jean-Louis and Joel for their podiums in GTU class. :champ: 
Thanks as well to Ben and HSO for this amazing race. :top:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 11:39

Thank you HSO, great organization, great cars, great drivers.
I made fatal mistake, i think it was 10th lap :doh:  but enjoy this atmosphere again as usual.
Back to top Go down
Giuseppe Scaccia
Experienced Driver
Giuseppe Scaccia

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 14:04

The same for me Honza...unfortunately when things goes right that happens...when we was racing with nice battles i lost control and then i went off track hitting the wall Sad what a finish after few laps...

Thanks Hso from me and my friend Luca Polastri with the Alfa Gtam.:hello: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]   1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st] - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1973 IMSA Road Atlanta 200 [December 1st]
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14