Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assetto Corsa

Go down 
+33
David Jundt
Jukka Närhi
Karel Marciniszyn
François Remmen
Richard Coxon
Richard Wilks
Austin Johnson
Jacob Fredriksson
Felipe Elias
Jean-louis Petillot
Peter Blom
Samuli Leinonen
Chris Bolin
Yves Plaçais
Vadim Sadoshenko
Ben Paulet
Teemu Toikka
Frank Verplanken
Carl Larrad
Gregory Letellier
Martin Audran
Lukas Paur
Vincent Beretta
David Cid
finally gone :)
Tiago Malafaya
Greg Hunt
Andrej Batic
Steve Parker
Alessio Campigotto
Franck Mercurio
Alberto Ibañez
Guillaume Siebert
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 1:14

I was still on GPL too, but contrary to you, I didn't go online with the Meganes. Boooo ! :hihi:

And I prefer a thousand times a Need for Speed, an arcade game sold as an arcade game, over AC, a game with crappy physics and basic features missing, sold as a sim by some lucchese guy, which fails miserably as a sim.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 1:28

I Thought you just might like to see the 1st skin i painted for AC Wink

Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Alpha_10

Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Alpha_11
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 2:00

:top:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 2:04

nice carl!

well the thing is only one sim have the old tracks and cars , but for christ sake its a sim from 1998!
and all that was converted to rf1 and now simply to new ones that are capable of showing todays standards.. that s crazy or well lack of real modders who invest and lack of poor based new platforms
rf2 with its tires model poor grapics etc
a vlm track in rf1 looks the same if not better with the right blendings

so we row on with the old crappy tracks that are around from 1998 and will improve them lol!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 2:33

I, for one, love the rF2 graphics Smile. I think the vast majority of simracers are greatly confusing the notions of "realism" and "aesthetics". AC, pCars and other recentish sims want to look as real as possible and put most of their efforts into that elusive quest. And invariably they come up with something that for me 1) isn't particularly realistic (I mean it still is an obvious computer generated image ffs) and 2) is damn ugly.

Saying that AC looks nicer than GPL just because it's more recent makes as little sense as saying that the latest Walt Disney flick is more beautiful than a painting by Botticelli... I don't really give a damn about the so-called realism of a sim regarding the graphics. I'm from a generation who started playing tennis video games that basically consisted in two pixels representing two tennis players kicking into a third one representing the ball. My imagination did the rest and my experience as far as immersion is concerned was 95% as intense as what it is now on any racing simulator. I can easily make up for the lack of realistic environment if I put my mind into it. As far as simracing is concerned I only need good content, great physics and beautiful graphics. That's why the Papyrus sims remain unequalled to this day for me : Indianapolis 500, GPL and NR all have those three things. GPL doesn't look realistic at all, in the sense that it's not trying to fool you into believing you are part of the Grand Prix movie. It instead succeeds into making you feel like you are part of a Michel Vaillant comic strip, which is far more appealing to me than what AC, PC, and whateverC are trying to do...
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 12:11

That reminds me how much i loved to watch the instant replay on the papyrus games, special the indycar ones... it looked so nice to see cars going around. Grand Prix 2 also looked absolutly great with you starting in the pitlane, they putting the monitor in front of your face, etc etc
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2015 - 13:10

I think there is nothing bad on PCARS or AC graphics...even AC has great FFB (for me) and feels very good with majority of the cars. The feel of tires and grip is really a step up! I have this feeling in rF1 only in a few mods. I also remember that I feel similar when driving GTP mod for NR2003.

What Frank wrote I understand as a different story. Fro example Papyrus is great example of the complete feel of the game, that kind of lighting etc. is simply great no matter if you have few pixels or Full HD Smile

On the other hand, imagine our joy of racing online with GPL 10 or 12 years ago and it all done in PCARS graphics Smile That surrely wont hurt us :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:06

The Class 1 grid is building up:
http://www.virtualr.net/opel-calibra-dtm-1996-ac-previews
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:17

All we need now is the Mercedes C-Classe Wink :D :top: Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2016 - 17:33

this is how it should be
awesome!!! gotdamn pulling my hair out with rf1 graphics.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsAPo7D7YOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BYAof1-n8

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016 - 15:27

It sure looks good, but creating a track like this must be taking a lot more time than for rF/GTR/GTL. It's the same for cars I think, 3D models needs to be more complex to cope with the modern standards, same for textures, sounds, and also physics. I think creating a mod is going to require much more skill and time than before if you want something that looks profesionnal. Maybe that's why there are still so few quality content on the new sims and why there are no full series recreated but only one-car mods.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it just takes some time to modders to get used to the new sims and good mods will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:15

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
It sure looks good, but creating a track like this must be taking a lot more time than for rF/GTR/GTL. It's the same for cars I think, 3D models needs to be more complex to cope with the modern standards, same for textures, sounds, and also physics. I think creating a mod is going to require much more skill and time than before if you want something that looks profesionnal. Maybe that's why there are still so few quality content on the new sims and why there are no full series recreated but only one-car mods.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it just takes some time to modders to get used to the new sims and good mods will be coming soon.

Meanwhile, people are jizzing their pants over this:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1892523#post1892523

affraid :doh:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016 - 18:46

Quote :
I think creating a mod is going to require much more skill and time than before if you want something that looks profesionnal. Maybe that's why there are still so few quality content on the new sims and why there are no full series recreated but only one-car mods.

The difference is a whole level up. This will effectively retire many modders whose 3d ability only reached certain point, and the amount of mods will suffer accordingly. You have to be already a pro or semi pro with some formation in modelling to be able to produce the new 3D models used in the industry, at least to decent standards.

That said, the new game engines with much improved smoothing shaders etc will make any old or lower poly model look way better that it did, so there is at least hope for recycling certain older mods we all love that had already good models to start with (CARTFACTOR f.e. or many of David Sabre's mods). But mods like TCL will look cartoonish and out of place completely. Sadly.

EDIT:

And the physics also got quite more complicated. Some people who had no clue about vehicle dynamics could do decent physics by copy & paste and tweaking around, but I think that this will now be impossible.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016 - 21:21

PRC.net has, either thanks to or in spite of its controversial nature, given me enough reason to never touch either Assetto Cazzo or Project CARS Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 0:05

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
PRC.net has, either thanks to or in spite of its controversial nature, given me enough reason to never touch either Assetto Cazzo or Project CARS Smile

Wow, just been there...

...but never needed it to see that Project Crash is a lot of garbage :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Eric Daon
Experienced Driver
Eric Daon

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2016 - 1:58

Frank Verplanken wrote:
It instead succeeds into making you feel like you are part of a Michel Vaillant comic strip.

It really is the kind of idea that would not come to mind.  Rolling Eyes

https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/18/43/26/43/rfacto10.jpg

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhd79l_mosp-rain_videogames

Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2016 - 2:24

Dave's 78' F1 mod, or the 73' USAC Indycar mod would be great in AC I think
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2016 - 17:56

http://pretendracecars.net/2016/04/06/the-full-developer-experience/

The "Chris Harris" simulator... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2016 - 22:25

Io sono stato sempre innamorato da Cabinet Chiuso, fantastico entrare in un auto, a parte questo http://bill.bzaar.net/avoc/Html/Reviews/Gen98/Cart/cartrev.htm con Microprose, e prima qualcosa come Tail to Nose o F-1 Grand Prix o ancora su AMIGA500, era come quello che dice in parte Frank sulla immersione in gioco con lavorando in fantasia con la mente. :frank:
La prima volta in cabinet con Toyota Celica 4wd - montecarlo - notte (Drift Out (1991)) con i fari che puntavano diritto, sono impazzito. Oggi puoi trovare in MAME
Oggi AC mi ha dato la sensazione con Alfa Romeo 155 "DTM" era come guidare in cabinet qualcosa come Nascar game (Daytona USA) anche se arcade, ma oggi io posso avere un FFB piu accurato e forse personalizzato.
Rimane comunque un difficile Rfactor. scratch
AC un grande scelta segnalata da Guillaume, per me. Smile
Carl Nice skin!!! Very Happy
Anyway many downloads up.  Shocked
http://assettocorsa.club/en/tracks.html
https://vk.com/assetto_corsa_car_mods
DTM 80/90 mod/career http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dtm-championship.6812/

Edit 01-05-2016
PS. Anche se non ho provato altre sim,
Ac sembra essere un rF rivisto e migliorato in versione moderna, è molto rF updated. Very Happy
Or Rf ten years later :D
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2016 - 7:47

Unfortunately now I can only admire this video! Sad
And hope for good prospects of historical simracing! :top:

By the way, under the video there is a link to the page where you can download these cars and something more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2016 - 18:25

just upgraded my old, oooold PC (MB from 2005) to little younger (from CPU Opteron 170 + NVIDIA GT 730 to Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66Gh + NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti ) ad after well goig Demo i bought Assetto Corsa and I am satisfied , especialy old cars (F1 from 1967 - GPL) , nice looking graphics, very good FF and sounds are so good, tryed some online and the netcode wasnt problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assetto Corsa   Assetto Corsa - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assetto Corsa
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6