Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training

Go down 
+20
Carlo Pozzi
Sanjin Haler
Bill Yarbrough
Frank Verplanken
Sasha Sosnowski
Jim Ray
Andre Lagunzad
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Karel Marciniszyn
Stewart Amos
Milt Minter Jr
Thomas Cazorla
Emmanuel Soriano
Brendan Kaczmarek
Damian Gosztyla
Hervé Nicolas
Guillaume Siebert
Eric Campillo
Ludovic Tiengou
Antoine de Mautor
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 20:46

The "Lanky Freak" as they affectionately call Rich ,during the race..Ran a 1:45.5 in Vader #84,a 1:45.8 in Vader#85..Damian ran a 1:46.6 in Fsb91-all Saubers...I was a little slower47,s and 48's at best-I believe...

However,It was a 12hr race..and we had better driver changes and they had some problems which put us in the lead..However Dickson caught me like a bad cold-and moved me out of the way -to motor on to the Win..
There were only 8 cars at the start 5 were ours-lol..Damn shame.. :flag: :bangry: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:21

Thanks Milt, Rich' time should be a good benchmark indeed :D
I would be glad to be in the 1'47s then.

Btw I think the percentage of FSB cars for the HSO edition of the 12Hrs should be pretty much the same, but lets hope there will be more than 8 cars at the start Smile
Back to top Go down
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 0:53

What version of the Sebring track will be using for the actual race? Will it be version you have on the Schedule page or some other version? I have 2 different versions of this track...your version and another version that came from Vader. The Vader version goes by the file name "vte-09_GTP_Sebring" or something to that effect. Just want to make sure I am practicing on the track we will be using for the race. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 1:11

Whats the difference between the 2 versions ?

I dont think we will change anyway.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 1:29

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

BrendAn built an ini for the pits and the 400lps for the 12hr...a few other changes maybe...BrendAn knows more..I think.. :flag: :spy: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 20:23

did another 7 laps
50% tape full tank 1 49 2
still have lots of place to improve.

I put this post here to not spam Sebring topic.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 21:04

Not bad, I did 1'49'0 after 5 or 6 clean laps. I hate all those bumps, the GTP cars are way too stiff for this kind of track imo pig
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar 2010 - 19:47

12 laps run nothing and than 7 laps run 1 47 655. nice,

yes it is so bumpy. i like it. Cerbs are dangerus.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar 2010 - 1:31

Sanjin Haler wrote:
did another 7 laps
50% tape full tank 1 49 2
still have lots of place to improve.

I put this post here to not spam Sebring topic.
Please,indulge Sanjin!I love talkin' about racing...Now your in the 47's-nice..what car....?Good time for anycar!
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar 2010 - 19:28

C car. Sauber. Odther cars didnt drive.

Is it speedshifting legal and does it damage car?
I am using h pattern on g25. Did drive gpl like that and i get used.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar 2010 - 19:56

Powershifts hurt the engine yes, when in full damage mod - which we have during the races here Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Mar 2010 - 20:20

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

BrendAn built an ini for the pits and the 400lps for the 12hr...a few other changes maybe...BrendAn knows more..I think.. :flag: :spy: :flag:

Laughing

Actually I had nothing to do with the 12 hour version - that was all Vader Trophy.

I had planned to make a 1991 version of the track but that's a whole lot a work, especially with the AI. The track itself was more or less done but there was a lot of work to do especially with the INI, and I just haven't got the time at the moment. Sorry about that, but RD's version is fairly close anyway.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Mar 2010 - 21:35

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Laughing

Actually I had nothing to do with the 12 hour version - that was all Vader Trophy.

I had planned to make a 1991 version of the track but that's a whole lot a work, especially with the AI. The track itself was more or less done but there was a lot of work to do especially with the INI, and I just haven't got the time at the moment. Sorry about that, but RD's version is fairly close anyway.
Ya,I wasn't sure..Thx ..I know when we showed up to race the temp was supposed to be between 55 and 65...But the race was at 45 or so...I thought that was odd but this year it has been cold in Fla all through Jan,Feb,and now March..My sim racing budy Danny Falcon went to the Miami GP last weekend...He had a blast-said it was colder than shite! :flag: :jp: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 0:34

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Laughing

Ya,I wasn't sure..Thx ..I know when we showed up to race the temp was supposed to be between 55 and 65...But the race was at 45 or so...I thought that was odd but this year it has been cold in Fla all through Jan,Feb,and now March..My sim racing budy Danny Falcon went to the Miami GP last weekend...He had a blast-said it was colder than shite! :flag: :jp: :flag:

Woah, as in the Grand-Am race? I marshalled at turn 8 and it was absolutely perfect weather - 65/70 degrees both days and sunny. Cool
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 2:10

Well,the GrandAm race was into the evening and they said it was cold on TV?Looked dark,too..But that could be the camera..
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 12:04

Hey!,..as an Aussie who has Never been to "Seeebring",..lol

How close/rea;istic, is this version?,..length/layout wise,..I agree, that from What I Have seen it 'Seems' close,...I mean say compared perhaps to the rFactor version/s.

And Heck,..I know it has often been a track of "Changing Character" shall we say over the years, but Is it Still as Bumpy as the GTP version.

I kinda like Sebring, but is is also somewhat annoyingly Bumpy,..I have often wondered how fast it might be if it was a Smooth track !!??,..lol

Just wondering Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 14:14

Stewart Amos wrote:
Hey!,..as an Aussie who has Never been to "Seeebring",..lol

How close/rea;istic, is this version?,..length/layout wise,..I agree, that from What I Have seen it 'Seems' close,...I mean say compared perhaps to the rFactor version/s.

And Heck,..I know it has often been a track of "Changing Character" shall we say over the years, but Is it Still as Bumpy as the GTP version.

I kinda like Sebring, but is is also somewhat annoyingly Bumpy,..I have often wondered how fast it might be if it was a Smooth track !!??,..lol

Just wondering Very Happy

The RD version really isn't that bad... I've been to the track a number of times and snuck a few laps in in my own car and it's pretty close.

The textures are annoyingly off, which I'm not good enough to fix sadly... The layout is okay, Turn 1 could use some work, as could turn 5, same with Turn 17... The bumps are pretty good - I think there are some that are either nonexistent in the real track or missing in the virtual track, but getting the bumps right in NR2003 is extremely difficult.

Most of the reason it's so bumpy is that it the section of track round the back, the bit that's actually on the old airfield, hasn't been repaved since 1945 - even in my fairly compliant BMW 325i it's quite a treat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 14:17

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
Well,the GrandAm race was into the evening and they said it was cold on TV?Looked dark,too..But that could be the camera..

Ah, it was quite dark... Very dark indeed haha. We didn't have any lights round the infield so once you got to about 7:15 or so we just stopped blue flagging because it was nearly impossible to tell who was who until they were on top of you. It wasn't terribly cold - certainly not as cold as it's been down here lately... A hoodie did me just fine :D
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 15:47

Thanks Brendan,..Yeah I was aware of it's Lengthy History as such !!,..lol

I was kinda figuring that the 'bumps 'In Game' were Most definitely,..'Virtual',..whilst Also Well aware, it ain't NO Bowling Green in Real Life !!,..ROFL

Very Happy
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 20:57

As you can see my sig...Suspension Damage...In the '80's,Milt Sr drove with David Hobbs in the BMW 320-i Turbo,and a piece of tarmac came thru the floor and severed the driveline-banging on the ceiling of the car..Scared the shit outta him...It's very rough-yes...I've never been there either...Just what I heard drinking beer in the garage... :flag: drunken :flag:
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 16:47

tonight we gonna do again some practice on server.
Problem is contact Pozzi

This or those user(s) do not wish to receive private messages : Carlo Pozzi
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 16:58

that's weird, i've sent you and Sasha a PM about that earlier, but it seems it hasn't arrived yet, maybe i have to change something in my user CP.

EDIT: my message should have arrived Sanjin, it was a problem in my user CP, try to send me yours again
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010 - 17:15

The practice server is now running on Miami BC, with the updated track.ini available on the schedule page Smile
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Jerry Foehrkolb
Rookie
Jerry Foehrkolb

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 20:50

Thank you sir. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Club Driver

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010 - 20:28

Stuck on Set-Up Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training   Training - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next