Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setups F1 1979

Go down 
+3
François Besançon
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 23:48

J'ai mis tous mes setups pour le mod F1 1979 sur notre serveur, peut être que ça pourra en aider certains Wink
Attention ces setups ont été réalisés sur un peu toutes les versions du mod F1 1979 (Unrestricted, Historical, League, Master Series), donc vous ne les verrez pas forcément tous dans votre garage si vous n'autorisez que les setups du mod que vous utilisez à apparaitre dans la liste (relisez bien :D )

Je suis aussi très interessé par tous les setups que les pilotes ont pu concevoir pendant la saison 2008. Meme si vous pensez qu'ils ne sont pas terribles, ils aideront forcément quelqu'un Wink
Donc n'hésitez pas à m'envoyer par mail ceux que voulez bien partager, je les ajouterai sur le serveur Smile

Pour enregistrer un setup, click droit => enregister la cible du lien sous ...

=====================

I've put all my setups for the 1979 F1 mod on our serveur, maybe it will help some of you Smile
Be careful, all those setups have been made on almost every versions of the 1979 F1 mod (Unrestricted, Historical, League, Master Series), so you'll won't see all of them unless you allow all the setups to appear in your setups list, not only the setups for the mod you're using.

I'm also very intersted in the setups that drivers could have made during the 2008 season. Even if you think they aren't awesome, they could help somebody one day or another Smile
So don't hesitate to send me your setups by email, I'll add them on the server Smile

To save a setup, right click => save target as ... (don't know how it is in the english version of windows ^^)

=> Setups F1 1979 <=
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 0:06

Thanks Guillaume :clap:

EDIT well not really thanks. I've seen I'm 10 seconds behind your best time in Shadow at Bueno Aires scratch :rigol:. I've also see that you've got two of my cars in your signature (the #3 Silk Cut XJR-6 Jaguar and the #18 Shadow. Just missing a Mini Cooper Laughing ). How could I get those picture to put one of them as my avatar (this would be better than my P261 which do not exist in HSO)
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 12:50

Guillaume is that normal than your tyres temperature are so strange. Inside are around 100 as outside are about 88? Have you the same problem.

Otherwise I don't really understand how to drive the car quickly. I'm lagging to an 1.58 at best (10 seconds slower than the real car)Crying or Very sad The car seems to be very touchy and oversteer anytime I push the accelarator. Even with GPL were the cars easier to understand at first. Well may be I should drop my attemps to drive toe-heel too as it seems to be much more harder to control :aie:
It's a long way to comprehension of the ways and customs of those cars geek
Back to top Go down
François Besançon
Experienced Driver
François Besançon

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 13:04

Salut Ludo, je pars toujours des setups de Guillaume en les modifiant un peu, notamment en diminuant d'un cran la compression des amortisseurs arrières, souvent les valeurs de ses sets ont une compression supérieure à la détente, ce qui rend l'auto un peu "sauvage".... Un cran de plus en TOE et un de moins en ressorts (toujours derrière) devrait aider...
Bon, après, c'est très subjectif...!

Last edited by François Besançon on Wed 17 Dec 2008 - 16:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 13:22

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Guillaume is that normal than your tyres temperature are so strange. Inside are around 100 as outside are about 88? Have you the same problem.

The optimal tyre temperature is around 100ºC and the hottest part of the tyre should be the inner part, so it should be ok. Of course you can always tune up the camber to see if you can raise the outter temp a little and then the tyre pressures
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 13:24

Yes Ludo it's normal, it's because of the negative camber, the inside of the tyre heats more than the outside. I know you're used to egal temperatures in GPL but its not the case here. 10-15 degrees of difference is ok, more could become problematic.

I use to drive those cars at the minimum downforce the track requires, even more with slower cars, because you have to fight to find every tenth you can to match the fastest cars pace. That's why most of my setups can appear a bit wild. Try increase the rear wing by 2 or 3 clicks, and soften rear springs and the car will be easier to drive.

Buenos Aires isn't an easy track to start with that mod. Its long and a bit tricky, and the following track Interlagos, is even worse :D Maybe you should try the mod on the easier track, like Kyalami.

You can see our 2008 season results on this page, that wil give you a good idea of the laptimes on every tracks Smile
Qualification times are made with qualification tyres, which are 5/10 to 1s faster than soft tyres, depending on the track. But I suggest you to train with soft tyres first Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008 - 15:53

Thanks for all your advices. I'll try it very soon.

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Yes Ludo it's normal, it's because of the negative camber, the inside of the tyre heats more than the outside. I know you're used to egal temperatures in GPL but its not the case here. 10-15 degrees of difference is ok, more could become problematic.

Always good to known as, as you guess, I was trying to even the tyre temperature

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Buenos Aires isn't an easy track to start with that mod. Its long and a bit tricky, and the following track Interlagos, is even worse :D Maybe you should try the mod on the easier track, like Kyalami.

Well I used to learn GPL on the Ring :rigol: So Buenos Aires is a good track to start. It's also the first of the season. Well I really know it will be tough not to be in the Paul Belmondo Position :D
I just have to learn how to drive and set the car. It will take time before I'm going to be in the middle of the grid. But's the lot of begginers so I don't bother. I will just have to bother about the faster-than-light cars during the race 8)
Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 15:14

J'ai remarqué, en mettant le differentiel puissance=0 l'amelioration de mes temps, sans que le comportement de la voiture ne se complique ...comme je n'ai pas beaucoup d'experience en réglage, je me demandais quels etaient les effets negatifs de ce reglage (puissance diff=0) ...
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 15:41

Aucune idée. Etonnament moi c'est le contraire. C'est en augmentant la puissance du différentiel que je trouve la voiture plus facile 8) Je viens de faire un temps qui me met, en pneus soft et avec le plein, à moins de dix secondes du PB de Guillaume en Shadow à Buenos Aires (1.54.x). Content je suis :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Gil Abobeleira
Club Driver
Gil Abobeleira

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008 - 18:02

Merci pour tes setups! J'ai gagné quelques dixièmes avec ils.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 17:59

Au royaume des fous je suis le roi. J'ai pris la N177 pour voir. Je sais n'importe qui aurait plutot essayer la Ferrari ou la Williams. Mais non pas moi. J'aime les voitures qui n'avancent pas :D Sans set up (étonnant Guillaume que tu n'ais pas roulé avec l'Ensign Laughing )j'ai collé celui de la Shadow (ce que je déconseille fortement lol! ) et j'ai tourné à Buenos Aires.
Ouille ouille je ne me moquerais plus de la lenteur de ma Shadow dis donc. Je suis en configuration course 6 secondes plus lent avec l'Ensign. Elle sous vire cte voiture. Et au freinage c'est le contraire..elle survire. Par contre dans les sinueux elle semble bien plus à l'aise que la Shadow car elle peut escalader les bordures sans perdre trop son adherence (si tant est qu'elle en a une :hihi: )
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 18:07

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
étonnant Guillaume que tu n'ais pas roulé avec l'Ensign Laughing

J'ai bien fait ce setup l'an dernier. Je sais pas ce qu'il vaux maintenant. A l'époque j'avais testé tous les châssis pour établir un classement entre eux.

Mais oui c'est la pire voiture du mod, mais je la trouve quand meme rigolote à conduire :D
La N179 est "beaucoup" mieux, un peu devant la Shadow je crois.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 18:13

Tiens j'ai vu que tu avais posté des images de la Kauhsen sur le site rfactor. Ca doit etre un de ses veaux Very Happy
En tout cas elle a l'air plutot sympa à regarder rouler.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 18:16

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
En tout cas elle a l'air plutot sympa à regarder rouler.

Oui on a le temps de la voir passer :D

Sinon je lui ai collé les mêmes physiques qu'à la Merzario, donc c'est la pire après l'Ensign N177 Smile
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 18:44

Je viens de comprendre pourquoi elle avance pas l'Ensign. Elle ne semble pas avoir de pontons effet de sol. Tu m'etonnes qu'elle avance pas. Ceci dit j'ai reussi à ramener l'écart à 4 secondes au tour en set course :rigol: C'est vrai qu'elle est rigolote à piloter tout de même
Back to top Go down
Mickael Taloc
Rookie
Mickael Taloc

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008 - 12:41

Merci pour les setups, ils sont vraiment bien en plus :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Setups F1 1979 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setups F1 1979   Setups F1 1979 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setups F1 1979
Page 1 of 1