Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

an idea for HSO GTP Championship

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

an idea for HSO GTP Championship Empty
PostSubject: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010 - 0:53

We have reached the middle of the season and there are a few weeks before the next round. The racing has been great but now there is the problem of dwindling grids because of drivers leaving the series. I was thinking, maybe we can conclude this first half of the season and then start a new championship table (with everyone racing in the same class) for the final half of the series. With everyone back to zero and fighting for only a handful of points, the racing on track will be re-ignited, instead of some strategic points battle played with the numbers. Also, it might attract more new drivers to join and encourage some old drivers to return and we have a few weeks to get the word out. I am just sharing an idea I have; I know that starting a "new series" is not historically accurate and all that. I put it up for discussion because I think every driver in the series must agree if we are going to do this. Anyway, thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010 - 7:16

I will agree for any thing to get more drivers.

Only thing is that I dont beleve that will work. And I think that points will not change a thing. I didnt join here to win series , I like this game.

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010 - 8:57

Yes I agree with Sanjin, I dont think this is a matter of drivers leaving the series because they can't win the championship.
I think we lost lots of american drivers because of the starting time which is around 10.00 am for them I think. The game is old now, that doesnt help too.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010 - 1:19

Thank you for providing ideas to improve the series' turnout, Andre.

However, I do think that this is not a good one. As Sanjin and Gui highlighted, no one really cares about points standings, or at least in a way that could grab people back into the series. There's really no need to breech our historical accuracy policy to make a more friendly point-rule or whatever, because it won't bring us anymore drivers anyway.

What we need to restore this series is, first of all, a come back of the FSB members and I really do hope it will happen because these guys are all great racers. Moreover, we should do some more advertising, but GTP is not as popular as it used to be and I don't really know where to advertise anymore. Neutral Seems like only Americans are crazy enough to still run NR2003 nowdays, and most of them are very faithful and commited to ONE league, and not really interested in joining an european-organised series. Anyway, I'll try my best during the summer break... :smil20:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Federico Damian
Rookie
Federico Damian

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 23:37

I run in a few leagues from in Brazil. (Nr2003)
In thats leagues, there is a important tournament of GTP. The number of riders did not drop 15 to 20 per race.
Maybe you can communicate with them, and organize something together. bounce
The page is www.virtualspeedrace.com
Greetings! Federico .- cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an idea for HSO GTP Championship   an idea for HSO GTP Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an idea for HSO GTP Championship
Page 1 of 1