Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Brno

Go down 
+28
Jérémy Bouteloup
Franck Mercurio
finally gone :)
Ben Paulet
Philippe Martinelli
Gérard Ryon
Eric Campillo
Jean-François Bovy
Patrick Marucco
Franck Tripey
Bernard Jeanmart
Chris Lai
Frank Verplanken
Sasha Sosnowski
Ludovic Tiengou
Jukka Närhi
Roger Pitarque
Stephane Bordignon
Adam Svoboda
Tiago Malafaya
Richard Walters
Laurent Binet
Thomas Cazorla
Jan Kowalski
Yannick Lampure
Bruno Frigiere
Carlo Pozzi
Guillaume Siebert
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 19:52

I always thought the Sierra's characteristics were pretty much in line with what drivers (e.g. Tiff Needell in that clip available on YouTube) said. Understeer on the way in, power oversteer on the exit and so on. It's just the general lack of feel or something that, in my opinion, plagues every single car in the mod, not just the Sierra. The somewhat unsophisticated chassis mated to a powerful engine could just make the problem more prominent compared to other cars.

The brakes are horrible, I do have to agree with you. That's one thing I really hate about the mod. I'm sure they could lock up their brakes in real life. The tires should probably be able to stand a bit more abuse too. I don't know about other BMW drivers but I do cook my tires fairly soon. Perhaps those two things should receive a slight tweak..?
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 20:18

That's my technic with the Sierra (understeer in and oversteer out) but the problem is that the understeer is too much :rigol: and the car always feels to soft. Lacks some feel, true, but I always adapt myself to that Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 22:08

That's funny, the lack of feel is certainly not something I would say about this mod. The braking isn't easy and the tires lock up easily thats for sure, but it doesn't make you lose lots of time or overheats the tires. And its very easy to powerslide the car around the corners imo Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 22:19

Yes same here I love this mod because of the great feedback I get in the wheel. You just feel the weight of the car so perfectly, and the sliding too. I agree that the brakes lock up too easily but I think it's a problem I have with most, if not all, rFactor mods.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Roger Pitarque
Rookie
Roger Pitarque

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 23:31

Compared to 917, I love the way my BMW brakes Very Happy

Salut!!
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 4:14

Yea the feel of the car is perfect, I have no complaints, its really the highlight.

With the Bimmer however, I do notice some overheating depending on the circuit, in general the car feels freer than I thought it would looking at vids and statistics. I kind of think the Benz and Bimmer could have slightly swapped physics as the advantage the Benz has in the sim seems to be quite similar to the advantage the M3's had in real life. The Sierra however is the biggest problem, that car should be much closer and have a much more clear advantage at certain circuits rather than being just close or way off pace.
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 5:58

I'd love to know how you make these things lock up, I've always had to stand on the pedal to make something happen Laughing I'll check the calibration as soon as I've finished writing this. (Edit: the in-game controller menu showed the brake only go up to 75% or so :D)

Could the default forces contribute to that "lack of feel or something" I reported? I've never been happy with Realfeel with TCL, I actually had the mod ditched for a long time because of that Embarassed Would LeoFFB improve the feel? I Don't think I've ever really experimented with it.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 13:33

I prefer Leo's to Realfeel and maybe your brake sensitivity is too low :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Chris Lai
Rookie

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 18:26

:top: Propálili jsme tenhle měsíc mnoho petroleje. I love this country Very Happy , and people .I'll be there.
mnoho štěstí!
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010 - 23:05

Présent Cool
study le circuit :hello:
Back to top Go down
Franck Tripey
Experienced Driver
Franck Tripey

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 7:07

Absent ! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 8:46

Présent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bruno Frigiere
Club Driver
Bruno Frigiere

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 12:02

Bonjour messieurs,
Je suis vraiment au regret de vous dire que je ne ferais pas cette course, j'ai une obligation ce soir la!

Merci de la compréhension générale.
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 16:32

j's'rai là ! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Eric Campillo
Club Driver
Eric Campillo

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 17:30

Absent pour Brno...

Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 17:58

:hello: Présent
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 19:32

Sorry, I won't be there.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 19:56

Actually, an unfortunate change of plans, so I can't make it tomorrow night Sad

This is the last week essentially of living in my dorm, all my closest mates were on Erasmus, they're leaving one by one and I've been packing up as well, plus it's pretty emotional saying bye to these people I've shared my life with and have made really strong bonds with on my first year leaving my home in LA and starting my adult life. So I just really haven't been able to find the time to practice.

I hope to be back available for DTM before the Nordschleife, as my August-September will be quite hectic with moves going on and stuff. I'm off to the States for summer holidays, but when I return I'm expecting to be packing up and moving to the UK.

So good luck all!

Hopefully I'll find a little time to practice for the IMSA race by Thursday-Friday-Saturday, to at least get that in, but I'm packing up the room nearly completely by Monday I think.
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 0:20

Salut à tous,
Par suite d'un entretien en mp avec Guillaume, c'est avec la Mercedes n° 12 (mon chiffre fétiche :frank: ) que je vais poursuivre le championnat DTM. Les dirigeants de Ford Belgium m'on mis à pied pour manque de résultats Embarassed . Faut dire que celle-ci bien qu'agréable à entendre n'était pas facile à piloter pour mon modeste niveau de pilotage :hum: .
Ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est qu'il y a un viseur sur le bout de mon capot ? :hum: Serait-ce pour ne pas rater l'arrière des BMW :slurp: ? Hein Pat ? :jp: :jp: :jp:
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 8:52

Bernard Jeanmart wrote:

Ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est qu'il y a un viseur sur le bout de mon capot ? :hum: Serait-ce pour ne pas rater l'arrière des BMW :slurp: ? Hein Pat ? :jp: :jp: :jp:

Perspective sympa, en plus je viens juste de passer dans ta ligne de mire Wink
Back to top Go down
Bernard Jeanmart
Experienced Driver
Bernard Jeanmart

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 9:12

Patrick Marucco wrote:

Perspective sympa, en plus je viens juste de passer dans ta ligne de mire Wink

Ca va pas durer :raclure: :spy:
A ce soir Wink
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 10:50

Présent Wink
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 12:09

Présent
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 12:37

Présent
Back to top Go down
Franck Mercurio
Pro Driver
Franck Mercurio

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 13:20

Toujours de bonnes arsouilles dans ce championnat, je serais la :top:
Back to top Go down
http://67citron.free.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Brno   Round 4 - Brno - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Brno
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next