Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]

Go down 
+21
Hakan Yanik
Franck Tripey
Pierre Labédan
Carl Larrad
Ozan Ulkugil
Steve Parker
Eric Plana
Luis Garcia
Berkem Ceylan
Alessandro Milano Rossini
finally gone :)
Patrick Marucco
Tiago Malafaya
Vincent Beretta
Yannick Lampure
Ceyhun Durmaz
Guillaume Siebert
Carlo Pozzi
JB Massida
Thomas Cazorla
Frank Verplanken
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010 - 22:25

Soirée un peu galère pour moi, j'ai beau connaitre parfaitement cette piste, j'en reste pas moins désespérément lent..
Heureusement y a que 2 routiers, car j'ai l'air autant à la rue qu'en WSC :D
Début de course, je percute Luis à l'épingle, je sais pas comment je me suis débrouillé car j'étais loin pourtant (Sorry Luis for the bump).
Après, j'essaie de prendre mon rythme, mais je fais faute sur faute, même en ligne droite je trouve le moyen de me vautrer :aie:
Je me file quelques petits objectifs: top10, puis 9e place, puis 8e, et sur les 10 derniers tours la 7e place de Franck; mais ce dernier était un peu trop élevé. :jp:

8e ça reste un bon résultat, surtout quand je vois le nombre incalculable de spins et hors pistes que j'ai pu faire, j'ai du perdre pas loin d'1minutes30 dans ces multiples figures. Enfin, bon.. apparemment j'étais pas le seul :rigol:

Je finis à 4trs, ça fait mal aux fesses, jamais pris autant de tours sur Sonoma. Shocked

Allez hop, les ovales maintenant, et c'est même pas dit que je sois mieux, je suis pas sur NR. Smile

Bravo à tous les finisseurs :clap:

edit: tomorrow in english :langue:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010 - 22:28

Sorry Frank,i did not get home in time for this Sad seem to miss all the good champs with them being midweek Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010 - 22:40

Tres bonne soirée dans un championnat tres prometteur tellement les voitures sont proches en performance :top:
Elles sont "joueuses" mais relativement "faciles" à piloter, je me suis bien amusé en compagnie de Thomas et Luis pendant pratiquement les 80 tours de la course
La gestion des pneus est bien rendue, j'avais prevu un stop vers la mi-course mais mon pneu avant gauche n'a tenu que 36 tours
Apres j'ai du faire 2 t.a.q au 36 et au 38 plus 1 t.a.q en arrivant devant mon stand (39)
Pour le 2eme relais j'ai fait un peu plus attention à l'approche du final avec seulement 1 t.a.q :D
Au final je fais 9eme à seulement 4 tours de JP et Carlo :top:
Merci à Frank pour l'organisation et rendez vous à Phenix Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 0:10

Grats to JP for his kewl win ! Too bad Carlo it was your race really ! But with such a points system that does not hurt your championship too bad I guess :D .

My race was rather miserable, except for the first 15 laps during which I had a nice pace and lots of fun with Paul, Berkem (great style mate Cool ) and Pierre. They all made mistakes and I wound up a clean 3rd after Gui retired (*boooh* :D). But I clipped the outside wall coming out a bit wide of turn 3, spun and hit the wall. The left side of the car was red and from then on it was rather reluctant in right hand turns - too bad that's 90% of the track here ^^ .

Still despite this it was very exciting race with always people to catch in front or catching up behind. The last part of the race was spent chasing Yannick but he was as cool as ice and I never was able to shook him up and pass him. In the end I think I did around 728 spins, and in the last 10 laps the car really was a handful to keep on the road. I could clock 1mn20s at best and Vincent was catching me at the rate of more than a second per lap. I thought the traffic would save me but he caught me... and spun just as he was about to attack me ! I felt so sorry for him that I spun too :doh: and he caught me again and passed me in the last lap :clap: .

Grats again to the two surviving aliens, and to Paul and Yannick for their steady races !

Hope to see you all, complete with the Carl and Steve lads Wink at next round in Phoenix for the first oval race of the year !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 6:10

Poor first part of the race, at first, I couldn't overtake Carlo which certainly knows how to make his car wide and drive in diagonal ! Plus I have no feeling with those cars under braking which didn't make things easier. It was only a matter of time before I could overtake anyway :jp:

After my 15th mistake and 20 laps, I was 20s behind, but still catching Carlo, I needed to make something happen : I started with a 2 pits strategy, but had enough fuel for one stop only. I decided to pit early and try to catch the leader, and it worked at mid race.

I could pass in the pitlane, and even get a 5s gap, which helped me at the end of the race. I was tired as it was hot here (I really need my ventilator now), and then I found a car on the first corner that decided to leave the sand at any cost without even trying to see if someone was coming... you bet insults flew.
Back to top Go down
Berkem Ceylan
Club Driver
Berkem Ceylan

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 8:34

As Frank already said, we had a great 4-way fight with Pierre, Paul, Frank and myself. I had already started to have some stuttering (graphics card problem) when the race was on but I had been able to manage it for quite some time. I made my way up to 4th and then I lost the rear end in the second uphill right hander and my race was done.

It's been quite a while since I completed a race so it's becoming a bit annoying... Anyway, thanks all for coming.

:top:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 11:50

Une soirée comme prévue. Spin, spin et spin encore, et comme je ne m'appelle pas Brian Joubert, je ne me suis pas amusé une seconde. Aucun feeling avec ma voiture sur ce circuit, je me laisse l'oval, et le premier circuit dirt, pour voir si je continue ce champ.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 12:48

5eme, c'est ce que je pouvais espérer de mieux. Surtout avec un setup aussi imparfait.
La 1ere partie de la course a été difficile avec qqs spins idiots et redémarrages en burn-outs encore plus idiots. La fin du relai a été trés pénible, je perdais 3 sc au tour. J'ai fait un 2eme relai plus calme et ça a payé. Belle fin de course avec Frank, c'est toujours épatant de se retrouver à quelques secondes aprés 1h 45 de course :top:
Bravo HSO, Bravo Frank. C'est un championnat formidable et trés original. :top:
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 13:01

Salut a tous :hello:
Plutôt sympa cette course hier soir. Very Happy
De bonne bourre tout le long avec Paul, Frank, Pierre, Vincent
Que du bonheur ! Cool
Je rentre au stand en même temps que Paul a mis course, il repart devant
Et je ne le verrai plus de la course il a fini bien mieux que moi. Wink
Et comme le dit Vincent merci a Frank pour ce champ original :clap:

Yannick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]   USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USAC Round 1 - Sonoma [May 14th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3