Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pole Day

Go down 
+15
Nicolas Diard
Sanjin Haler
Fred Gubbels
Antoine de Mautor
Karel Marciniszyn
Paul Nadeau
Yves Plaçais
Tiago Malafaya
Carl Larrad
Thomas Cazorla
Mario Gassner
Guillaume Siebert
Lionel Demoment
Jean-louis Petillot
Frank Verplanken
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 23:38

Indianapolis 500 Pole Day

Date & Time

Sunday May 30th, 20:00 (CET)

Server Password hso60

Qualifying Runs

- The qualifying session will consist of a 4-lap run per driver
- Each driver will do his run alone on the track
- The total time of the 4-lap run will be retained to determine the starting grid for the race

- Drivers will take their turn on the track following the order of the race numbers of the cars
- Each run will go as follows : the driver starts from the pits, completes his warm-up lap and proceeds with his 4-lap run

- As soon as his run is completed, the driver must get off the track. Do not come back to your pits – just press the “esc” key as soon as you reach turn 1 after completing your 4th lap Drivers who would break this rule and who would complete another lap will be disqualified from the session and will start at the back of the grid on race day.
- The following driver in the running order then leaves the pits when he is given the following message : “GO [name of the driver]” by the race officials, and proceeds with his run

Each attempt is estimated to last around 6 minutes per driver. Therefore, it is up to you to estimate at which time your run will be scheduled. It is for instance not mandatory for high starting numbers to be present right from the start of the session, but you must do your best to be on the server at the estimated time of your run. Also keep in mind that aborted runs and/or absent drivers might shorten the session, so you might want to arrive on the server as early as possible. Any driver absent from the server at the time of his qualifying run will be moved to the end of the running order.

Unlike in last year’s event, it will be possible for a driver to attempt a second qualifying run. However, should a driver elect to do a second run, the time of this run will be retained over the one of his first run, even if the second proved slower than his initial tentative. These eventual second runs will be possible once every present driver has done his first qualifying run. The order will also be according to race numbers.

The Pole Day qualifying session will last a maximum of 4 hours. By this time, all drivers having completed their 4-lap run will be classified according to their times. Drivers who failed to complete their run will be classified behind them - sorted by 1) number of laps completed 2) fastest lap time. Drivers absent from the session will be classified behind them all, sorted by their race car numbers.

Chatting on the server

Chatting during the session will be authorized. It is through the chat that the race officials will give each driver the authorization to start his run. Comments during and after each run are very much welcome. We therefore strongly advise you to switch off the in-car chat option in your rFactor. This can be done by modifying the following line in the multiplayer.ini file located in your player’s folder :

Allow Chat In Car="0" // 0=Off 1= On Whether to allow incoming chats to appear while in car

We also you recommend you modify this line (still in the multiplayer.ini) :

Delay Vehicle Graphics="1" // if true, delay loading vehicle graphics when clients join in order to reduce the pause

This will minimize the freeze effect you get in-car each time a driver enters the server. The session will be long and we anticipate a lot of movement on the server, with drivers connecting and disconnecting all along.

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Mon 31 May 2010 - 15:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010 - 23:27

Indianapolis 500 Pole Day

Date & Heure

Dimanche 30 mai, 20h00

Pass Serveur : hso60

Qualifications

- La session du Pole Day consiste en un run de 4 tours par pilote
- Chaque pilote effectuera son run seul en piste
- Le temps total de ce run de 4 tours sera retenu pour établir la grille de départ

- Les pilotes effectueront leur runs dans l'ordre des numéros de course des voitures
- Chaque run se déroulera de la façon suivante : le pilote sort des stands, termine son tour de chauffe et s'élance pour son run de 4 tours

- Une fois son run terminé, le pilote doit quitter la piste aussi tôt que possible. Ne rentrez pas aux stands, pressez simplement la touche "échap" après avoir franchi la ligne d'arrivée. Les pilotes ne respectant pas cette règle et qui couvriront un tour supplémentaire seront disqualifiés et rétrogradés en fond de grille.
- Le pilote suivant entre alors en piste, après que le directeur de course lui ai signifié : “GO [nom du pilote]” dans le chat.

Chaque tentative durera environ 6 minutes. Par conséquent, il vous faut estimer l'heure de votre run. Vous n'êtes pas tenus d'être présent sur le serveur dès le début de la session, particulièrement si vous avez un numéro de course élevé, mais faites les maximum pour être présent à l'heure de votre passage en piste. Souvenez vous également que des runs avortés (accident) ou des pilotes absents raccourciront d'autant la session. Tout pilote absent du serveur à l'heure prévue de son run sera repoussé à la fin de la liste d''odre des départs.

Contrairement à l'an dernier, il sera possible d'effectuer un second run qualificatif. Mais si un pilote décidai d'effectuer une seconde tentative, le temps de ce second essais sera obligatoirement retenu, même s'il s'avérait être plus lent que le premier.. Ces éventuels second runs se dérouleront lorsque tous les pilotes auront effectué leur première tentative. L'ordre de passage sera toujours en fonction des numéros de course.

La séance du Pole Day durera au maximum 4 heures. A la fin de ces 4 heures, les pilotes ayant accompli leur run de 4 tours seront classés selon leurs temps. Les pilotes ayant effectué une tentative me ne l'ayant pas achevée seront classés derrière eux, triés entre eux 1) par le nombre de tours couverts 2) par leur meilleur temps. Les pilotes absents seront classés derrière, triés par ordre croissant de leurs numéros de course.

Tchat sur le serveur

Le tchat durant la séance sera autorisé. C'est notamment par le tchat que les directeurs de course donneront aux pilotes le top pour le départ de leur run. Les commentaires et discussions pendant et après les runs sont encouragées. Nous vous conseillons donc de désactiver le tchat lorsque vous vous trouvez en voiture. Ceci peut être fait en modifiant la ligne suivante dans le fichier multiplayer.ini située dans le dossier de votre joueur rFactor :

Allow Chat In Car="0" // 0=Off 1= On Whether to allow incoming chats to appear while in car

Nous vous recommandons également de modifier cette ligne (toujours dans le multiplayer.ini) :

Delay Vehicle Graphics="1" // if true, delay loading vehicle graphics when clients join in order to reduce the pause

Ceci aura pour effet de minimiser le micro-freeze qui affecte les voitures en piste lors de chaque connexion sur le serveur. La séance sera longue et il y aura de nombreuses connexion/déconnexions tout au long de la soirée.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010 - 23:37

Pole Day Running Order | Ordre des Départs

The race car numbers determine the running order for the Pole Day session. RFactor does not show these race numbers in-game, so you are required to remember your own number and make sure you join the server in time for your scheduled run. Remember that we cannot know with certainty at which time each driver will take his run (especially high numbers), as it depends on the numbers of absentees and on the numbers of aborted runs. However here are a few estimated times (CEST) :

Les numéros de course déterminent l'ordre de passage lors de la session du Pole Day. RFactor n'affiche pas ces numéros in-game, il vous faut donc retenir ce numéro et faire votre possible pour être connecté sur le serveur à temps pour votre passage en piste. Souvenez-vous que nous ne pouvons prévoir avec certitude à quel heure chaque pilote devra passer (particulièrement ceux avec un numéro de course élevé), car tout dépend du nombre de runs avortés et de pilotes absents. Quoi qu'il en soit, voici quelques estimations d'heure de passage :

#1 Carl Larrad - 20:05
#5 Free | Libre - 20:30
#10 Yannick Lampure - 21:00
#19 Ben Paulet - 21:30
#28 Jean-François Bovy - 22:00
#44 Ludovic Tagli - 22:30
#76 Nicolas Diard - 23:00

#DriverLap 1Lap 2Lap 3Lap 4Total
1Carl Larrad
2Free | Libre
3Carlo Pozzi
4Frank Verplanken
5Tiago Malafaya
6Vincent Rieux
7Paul Nadeau
8Steve Parker
9Free | Libre
10Yannick Lampure
14Olivier Mathieu
16Guillaume Siebert
17Yves Plaçais
18Luis Garcia
19Ben Paulet
22Vincent Beretta
23Mario Gassner
26François Steimetz
27Jean-Ph. Campmajo
28Jean-François Bovy
32Antoine de Mautor
37Martin Audran
38Karel Marciniszyn
39Richard Bouchot
44Ludovic Tagli
48Sanjin Haler
56Serge Boucheron
65Jean-Louis Petillot
73Thomas Cazorla
76Nicolas Diard
97Hervé Sabathé
98Frédéric Gubbels
99Lionel Demoment

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Sun 30 May 2010 - 18:01; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010 - 23:39

Don't hesitate if you have questions, remarks, ...etc., especially rookie drivers Wink .

N'hésitez pas si vous avez des questions, remarques, ...etc., notamment les pilotes débutants Wink .

:frank:
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 6:42

bonjour,

je serai absent du pole day cause fête des mères loin de chez moi !!! pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Lionel Demoment
Experienced Driver
Lionel Demoment

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 8:25

Normalement, vues les heures de passage, je devrais être rentré à temps Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 16:15

Great time on the server Mario, I wonder how you did that, i'm really struggling to do the same times than last year. :papy:
Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 16:20

that time was fake. only possible by sliding at the walls. was just trying the mod how stable these cars are and after one lap, i saw the time and thought this can`t be true. so, would be great if you could delete that one, if thats possible. i am a lot slower than you. my fastest real time til now is a 1.01,4 or something. still don`t feel comfortible with these old rockets. but i think that it is the lack of practice (and even more the lack of talent scratch )

Last edited by Mario Gassner on Thu 27 May 2010 - 16:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 16:21

Good to know (for us at least) :D
Ok i'll delete it Wink
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 17:34

Heu... ça tombe en même temps que l'Indy500 réel. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 18:14

Oui à la base je voulais faire la course le 30 ça aurait fait 50 ans jour pour jour après la vraie course... mais on aurait perdu du monde. Alors c'est les qualifs qui tombent en même temps. Chaque run dure 5-6 minutes donc il y a moyen de se pointer juste pour son run. Ou de passer son tour et venir en fonction de la vraie course (avant ou après).
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 19:32

Oh no the pressure im going first again affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 21:52

My tyre pressure is locked despite having purchased the upgrade.... Anyone knows what to do?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 21:55

Yes this is because JP's track has the same name that the original one, which locks the tyre pressures for this mod. Last year the track was called HSO Indianapolis so the problem did not occur. We realised that after releasing the track and announcing the race so we elected to keep it that way Wink .
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 21:58

but I believe that's going to be a problem; well at least my car starts to slide like a bit#$ after 4 laps because the rear tyres overheat in the center :doh:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 22:05

Yes tires tend to heaten up a bit more, but that seems more accurate and also should reward consistent drivers over fast rubber-eating chargers.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 22:12

You gotta work on the setup, yes the center overheats a bit, but its still very driveable imo. Just try not to slide all over the place Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 22:12

ok, I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 23:45

Honnestly like you when I first came back to that track I thought "what the hell is going on with those tyres, and why can't I get close to my times of last year", but that was just lack of practice, this car is so special, its hard to understand how to carry speed into the corners. The car can slides a lot but you have to keep it very straight to do a good time and not cook the tyres, very challenging Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 23:55

That's not the main problem. Of course I knew it would take some time to get used to the car again. But after some time and after stabilizing my driving again, I saw that after 4 or 5 laps the car started always to become really unstable and if you wanted to feed a little gas to exit the turn, the car started to slide erratically, so I went to see what was wrong, and then I saw the tyre temps........ It's going to be hard. And of course it will be hard to match last year's laps since the slipstream has been changed :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010 - 8:44

Sorry Guys
But i dont think i will be at Qualifying tonight as the PSU has died on me i have 2 spare PSU's but they both have the wrong connectors on the end ...Ive managed to get an old laptop working but it wont run Rfactor ..... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010 - 10:34

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Oui à la base je voulais faire la course le 30 ça aurait fait 50 ans jour pour jour après la vraie course... mais on aurait perdu du monde. Alors c'est les qualifs qui tombent en même temps. Chaque run dure 5-6 minutes donc il y a moyen de se pointer juste pour son run. Ou de passer son tour et venir en fonction de la vraie course (avant ou après).

A propos, où voir la course réelle ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010 - 10:39

Y'aura des stream dispo vers 18h30 Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010 - 11:34

hi guys,

can`t be at pole day today. but will definitely start at the race.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981

Pole Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pole Day   Pole Day Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010 - 11:42

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Y'aura des stream dispo vers 18h30 Smile

Cool ! cheers
Back to top Go down