Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]

Go down 
+18
Yves Plaçais
Vincent Beretta
Ben Paulet
Gianluca Desposito
Julien Lafon
Martin Audran
Gérard Ryon
Yannick Lampure
Carlo Pozzi
Sasha Sosnowski
Ludovic Tiengou
Philippe Martinelli
Pierre Pfleger
Carl Larrad
Franck Tripey
Tiago Malafaya
Guillaume Siebert
Frank Verplanken
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:46

I have a setup question

I was on the server earlier with Ben after just a few laps at Zandvoort in the M1
we noticed a huge difference in tyre temperature
from left to right .....

Im no expert in setups how would you setup the car to allow for this
without affecting grip in the game ......

There is a huge difference after just a few laps ive never noticed this at
Zandvoort before is it related to track or M1 Mod .....

THX :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010 - 22:24

Well, there's a lot of corners to the right, and long ones so the left tyres will suffer a lot. I noticed this on other tracks and I don't think you can cure that, honestly
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010 - 22:32

Yes that's because of all those long and fast right turns. Stiff suspensions help to absorb a small part of the energy and tires heat up a bit less but that won't cure the problem totally. You just have to manage the tires and slow down a bit when they're too hot, that's what real drivers do as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010 - 23:17

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Yes that's because of all those long and fast right turns. Stiff suspensions help to absorb a small part of the energy and tires heat up a bit less but that won't cure the problem totally. You just have to manage the tires and slow down a bit when they're too hot, that's what real drivers do as well Smile
I Dont ever see any evidence of you guys slowing down lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Apr 2010 - 0:11

That why we destroy our tyres lol! :rigol: :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Chris Lai
Rookie

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 17:24

Je ne serais point là pour cette course. Pour cause familiale heureuse.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Pfleger
Pro Driver
Pierre Pfleger

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 18:46

Empechement de dernière minute, je ne pourrai pas etre présent ce soir. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 18:50

Race server launched :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Omer Bas
Rookie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 19:43

Cant join. Bec it says error Pbox2 material problem
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 19:49

Try with higher graphic settings maybe scratch
If you're not using directx 9, that may be the problem too.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 20:40

Impossible to race.... game stops every 2 sec.... fuck this shit

Ps: sorry Frank.... can't really drive
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 22:04

I Made a very late start luckily i had a setup
from practice in the week .....

I Missed Qualifying so i Started at the back and made a great start managed to take 4 cars
i was following Yannick and Remy who seemed to be having there own
father, son race lucky for me they took each other off the track so i was able to
drive past ...i then drove to the flag had a nice battle with Yannick all the way to the flag
with a few retirements equalled my best finish for 6th place ....

Really happy with the result Very Happy
Thx for the race Yannick :top:

WD To Gui ,Sasha, Carlo and all finishers :drink:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 7:50

I Cant beleive theres only 1 race left in the championship
cya all at Imola ...... Wink

I Will miss this mod Sad
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 10:35

Seulement 10 tours d'entrainement avant la course hier soir sans descendre sous les 1'20, alors quand je vois Sasha en 1'20"3 en arrivant sur le serveur je me dit que ça sent le paté What a Face
Mais j'arrive quand meme à faire la pole avec un tour sorti de nul part, j'ai pas réussi à m'en approcher à moins de 4 dixiemes ensuite Suspect
Pour une fois j'ai pris un excellent départ (mais sans comprendre comment j'ai fait) et j'ai réussi à garder la tête au premier virage, ensuite la course fut plutot tranquille, aucune erreur meme s'il était assez facile d'en faire ici.
Victoire donc, la moitié du boulot est faite, il faudra faire pareil à Imola pour remporter le titre :raclure:

==================
Only 10 laps of training before the race, none of them under then 1'20s, so when I saw Sasha in 1'20"3 when coming on the server, it wasn't looking very good What a Face
But I still managed to take pole, my lap really was out of nowhere, I couldn't get near to it by less than 4 tenths after that Suspect
For the first time this season, i took a good start (still i'd like to understand how i did that) and managed to keep the lead at turn one. Then the race was pretty calm, I did no mistakes even if it was very easy to do one here.
So race won, half of the job is done, I will have to do the same at Imola to clinch the title here :raclure:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 12:06

Comme d'habitude sale soirée procar Very Happy
Lors du tour de formation, je casse ma voiture pour éviter une voiture en travers au T1. Aucun intérêt à faire la course après, donc j'abandonne au bout de 3-4 tours.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 12:12

Bien reçu le chèque Guigui Smile

Bon dit, je peux revenir à Imola ? Rolling Eyes

:D
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 12:35

Hier soir, il y avait 2 courses. les aliens devant, loin devant et les Autres derriere, loin derriere. Et j'ai gagné la course des Autres.
:first: de la courses des Autres c'est pas mal. Ca a été intéressant d'un bout à l'autre (Belle bagarre notamment avec Frank), c'est la 1ere fois que je m'amuse autant avec ce mod auquel, habituellement, je ne comprends rien.

Vivement la prochaine :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 18:49

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010 - 21:59

Salut tous :hello:
Bravo a Guillaume et au podium :clap:
Je me suis bien régalé hier soir. Very Happy
J’avais Rémy au cul, en essayant de me passer
On se gêne tous les deux et Carl en profite pour passer. Wink
J’arrive à revenir sur lui, mai il est plus régulier que moi
Qui fais une faute a mis course qui me met a 5-6s, Rolling Eyes
Je cravache pour le remonter et je finis dans ses pots. Cool
S’étais super sympa merci Carl. :top:
A bientôt.

Yannick
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010 - 13:37

Was a good race overall, but disappointing for me again. I thought I could grab the pole considering my lap, which took me by surprise as I too hadn't practiced until earlier that day. I also knew what I had to do to beat it, I had beaten the sectors multiple times but couldn't string the whole lap together. Was up going into the final turn with about 2 minutes to go but bobbled on the last corner and killed it.

The race was quite simple, Gui drove away to my disappointment, watching 5 points leak away like that. I didn't drive as well as I should/could have. Some personal problems have had me distracted recently and I just couldn't tap into my deeper focus levels and just wasn't going as fast or as well as I needed to. I really wanted to win this race, but just didn't prepare well enough nor focus enough.

It's all up for grabs now, brilliant comeback from Gui, but I think Imola will be different, I owe it to myself.

:chinois:
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 19:15

My best race of the season so far, for the 1st time i was able to compete with Gui and Sasha both on qualy and race.
Qualified 3rd :third: , but in my last lap i was going to do the pole, but went wide at the chicane and lost 2 fatal tenths.
Had a decent start (first time ever on these cars) despite losing 3rd to Tiago.
I stayed close to him for the whole 1st lap, he went wide at the first corner and i was through, then i started to chase Sasha for 2nd, the gap was nearly the same until lap 10 (about 2 seconds) then i started to put some pressure on him closing to 1.4 secs, but i made a slight mistake at the damn chicane and lost about 2 secs and i wasn't able to close to him anymore.
Finished 3rd 9 secs behind Gui :third: and i have still a little chance to win the champ, must win at Imola with both Gui and Sasha out (nearly impossible lol! )

See you at Imola for the last round!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]   Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 : Zandvoort [April 21st]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2