Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach

Go down 
+19
Alessandro Milano Rossini
Kevin Lewis
Hervé Sabathé
Stewart Amos
Frank Verplanken
Vance Le Garde
Matt Watkins
Brendan Kaczmarek
Thomas Cazorla
Andre Lagunzad
Bill Yarbrough
Jerry Foehrkolb
Bruno Goujon
Milt Minter Jr
Sasha Sosnowski
Jim Ray
Guy Pitra
Guillaume Siebert
Antoine de Mautor
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troy Null
Rookie
Troy Null

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:45

Hey Antoine Very Happy :hello:

Sorry for late entry, hope it's not to late. Would like to enter the #80 Ferrari LTS car. Embarassed I will probably be late every time Antoine, sorry. If this becomes an issue please advise

Good Racin Gents :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:47

Troy Null wrote:
Hey Antoine Very Happy :hello:

Sorry for late entry, hope it's not to late. Would like to enter the #80 Ferrari LTS car. Embarassed I will probably be late every time Antoine, sorry. If this becomes an issue please advise

Good Racin Gents :conduit:
Great T-roy!Awesome,big fella! :flag: :cowboy: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:58

No prob Troy Wink

Btw, expect something new to download tomorrow, I don't know yet if it will be a new track version or just a new track.ini as I managed to fix the pitlane bug for qualifying but Brendan also sent me a new track version ...
There will be no grip changes and the layout will not be altered either.

Sorry if it's a bit of a mess but Antoine, the series admin, is having some serious and unexpected personnal issues at the moment.

Its gettin very late here in France, gonna have some sleep before racing in the streets of Palm Beach :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 3:10

cool Gui!And thanks to you and BrendAn...See ya tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 3:13

Hope all is well for Antoine... :flag: Smile :flag:
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 4:06

Best of luck Antoine.

and the same to us all at the race too. We'll run whatever track you come up with. :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 5:12

I didn't receive race mail again.... Can I get it via PM, please?
Back to top Go down
Brad Otto
Rookie
Brad Otto

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Best of luck   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 5:49

Just want to wish all drivers a safe and sane race. Even though I got some practice and worked on the set up Im not ready for this track. Id just be in the way. So have fun and may the best car win!!!
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 12:01

Ok guys, please download the new track version AND the new track.ini in the schedule topic !

Hopefully everything should be ok for the race now Smile

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 12:05

Alex Shurikus wrote:
I didn't receive race mail again.... Can I get it via PM, please?

PM sent Wink
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 12:51

Bon bah forfait Je dois mettre en pause tous mes championnats (HSO et FFSCA).
Pas sur que je rachète un volant, tout dépend de si je suis en manque comme un toxico dans quelques temps. Laughing

Bonne course Ă  tous.
Back to top Go down
Alex Shurikus
Rookie
Alex Shurikus

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 14:29

Guillaume Siebert, Thank you! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 16:22

will we also be starting on the longer back straight as in real life?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 16:30

Nope, we'll start at the real start/finish line Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 16:43

Race server is launched ! Good race to yall ! Mind the walls :aie: !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 16:50

And dont forget to download the new track!
Back to top Go down
Vance Le Garde
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 18:08

Trying desperately to download the new track atm as I have since I got home @ 10 pm last night and no go, I am afraid I am going to miss the race now as I juts cant get it to download I get 80-90% and the download fails Sad sry guys but count me out of this one.

Vance.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 19:41

I unfortunately fell ill on Friday and was worried I wouldn't be able to be competitive in the race as I didn't do any practice until earlier today and in the session. Gui was the clear pacesetter and but overall if I could hold on it was going to be a Bud Light Jaguar with the win. Unfortunately Gui was lagging very much, for me at least, and I felt very bad to punt him on lap 2 but at the apparent "contact" his car was not even on my screen and before it he was warping around about .3-.5 seconds ahead of me.

Anyway I was in control after that. The car was driving very well, the feedback problem I had now solved. There was some traffic that was heavily warping but for the most part all was okay. I was beginning to feel the challenge of the task about 50 laps in (just a general body ache) but I knew I could make it to the finish and all was going according to plan. I was sweating a lot and whenever it would stop I'd begin to feel crappier again so I would pick up the pace. I came out of my stop, got reacquainted with the tyres/fuel load and was looking forward to the win which I would have been so pleased to take on account of my being sick and to continue my zero retirement record. To my utter disgust, I reached for a drink on the first long straight (the straight I always used to do anything outside of 100% focus) but somehow I missed my braking point, bounced off the apex wall and into the tyre barriers. I really have never felt so low before especially after watching Davy Jones, in the 2, win this race earlier today, I can't believe I could throw it away like that so close to the finish. Although Gui was fastest and I'm sorry for the lag mishaps, it's safe to say a Bud Light Jag was going to win today and I threw it away.

:doh: Sad Sad :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Matt Watkins
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 19:49

Sorry I missed out on the show today.... Been doing a lot of work moving into a new place and thought I would have the time to run in this race, but we had a lot more work than I realized and didnt get back until now ... Hope you guys are having a great race and I hope to make it back out on the track with ya in the next event cheers
Back to top Go down
Jim Ray
Club Driver
Jim Ray

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:17

Nice win Kevin. You might have been the only mistake free car out there. Good drives for Bill and Milt too. Thanks to all for giving room and racing as clean and fast. :conduit: There were a lot of sitatuations to avoid to keep us on our toes. Very happy I wrecked no one again. :cowboy: That's always my goal. The streak continues at Sebring. Lets get a bunch of cars on the grid for that one.

Nice lights win Andre, and top 5 too! :champ:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fsbracing.com/gtp.html
Brendan Kaczmarek
Club Driver

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:23

How'd the track run for everyone? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:33

Well no need to say how frustrated I am.
I had put a lot of practice for this race after my bad start at Daytona, and wasnt expecting anything else but winning after taking pole.But all my hopes disappeared in lap 2 when Sasha bumped me at turn 1.
Even if you did not see me, I can't understand why you braked that late as the contact was really brutal Suspect
After that my race went from bad to worse, I bumped a Nissan at the hairpin :doh:, crashed heavily into another Nissan stopped in the middle of the road at T3, and finally Sasha bumped me again at the hairpin on lap 13. One lap down after 10 min of racing, with a badly damaged car, and involved into too many accidents, that was enough for me so I quit. Crying or Very sad

It has been one month now that I can't get a good result because of stupid mistakes, from me or other drivers, or just bad luck and that really piss me off Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:35

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
How'd the track run for everyone? Very Happy

Race was ok, but lots of drivers could not go on the track during practice and happy hour because their cars were stucked in the pitwall (yes, in ).
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:43

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Even if you did not see me, I can't understand why you braked that late as the contact was really brutal Suspect

I didn't brake later or much later than normally. Plus as I said, before you disappeared, you were enough ahead that you should have cleared that area of the turn. The actual contact surprised me very much because you weren't even there. Besides, lag contact can be much harder than otherwise because of the ping.

All I can say is I've never raced for so long behind anyone warping that bad. The second time I bumped you I followed about .5 - 1 second slower than I was lapping before for 2 laps and your car was everywhere. I think my connection wasn't very good today either so maybe the two combined. There is really nothing I could do around you, mate, besides pull over.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:56

Yeh my connexion really do suck those days, i'm not sure i will race until it get better as its no fun for me and for the others Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach   Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 : Grand Prix of Palm Beach
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next