Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel set up.

Go down 
+2
Kimmo Kononen
Chris Souter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Souter
Club Driver
Chris Souter

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2009 - 19:06

Hi guys, i just have a couple of questions for you if thats ok, i am relatively new to sim racing and have recently purchased a G25, i am sure some of you also own this blinding wheel, do any of you have any tips on settings for it? I have to say i find it very twitchy and i am really not sure if its the 1979 mod in general or the wheel. Another thing is do you guys use the gear stick or the paddle shift, i have been using the paddles and some times it skips a gear on down change resulting in inevitable spins. One more thing, "Real Feel" i have seen this mentioned in one or two places, what is it and is it worth looking into. Thanks for any advice guys, Chris. :top:
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 17:53

Chris Souter wrote:
Hi guys, i just have a couple of questions for you if thats ok, i am relatively new to sim racing and have recently purchased a G25, i am sure some of you also own this blinding wheel, do any of you have any tips on settings for it? I have to say i find it very twitchy and i am really not sure if its the 1979 mod in general or the wheel. Another thing is do you guys use the gear stick or the paddle shift, i have been using the paddles and some times it skips a gear on down change resulting in inevitable spins. One more thing, "Real Feel" i have seen this mentioned in one or two places, what is it and is it worth looking into. Thanks for any advice guys, Chris. :top:
I've got one as well. I cured my twitchyness with the Leo FFB plugin, I found realfeel to be utter shite. I guess that's a matter of opinion, which to prefer. What it is supposed to do is to give you a "genuine" feel of what the front wheels of the car are doing. Leo's is supposedly slightly more advanced, it's measuring things that RealFeel isn't. Can't remember what though. The basic FFB just feels springy and wrong after you've tried a ffb plugin.
Bear in mind though, you will not be able to use either of the plugins in races where you swap drivers. It'll be a lottery whether or not your wheel is centered and/or pulling in any direction once you take over the car off a mate.

Once you decide to try either of the plugins, give us a shout and someone will guide you through some basic settings you'll have to change in windows in your controller properties, ie spring back, force etc. Whatever they are called.
I'm using the stick shifter, no aids. Got no issues except with missed gears now and then... If you are getting double shifts with the paddles, there is a line in your PLR file, you go to the rFactor install you wish to change, UserData / [your player name] / [your player name.PLR] and look for the line

Repeat Shifts="1" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

under Driving Aids

I think that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Chris Souter
Club Driver
Chris Souter

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 20:45

Excellent, thanks Kimmo, i am a complete doofus with computers so if its a bit tricky i may give it a miss, mind you if one of you guys can sort me out step by step then i am in. Thanks again, Chris.
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 21:10

No worries. I'll try and sort you out. Did you try that thing with the paddle? Found it yet?
Back to top Go down
Chris Souter
Club Driver
Chris Souter

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 22:08

To be honest Kimmo, it only skips a gear once in a while, say once every 20-30 laps or so, i think i will leave it unless it becomes a real problem.
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 4:58

I miss gears with my stick more often than that... Smile So what do you think, which FB plugin will go for? Apparently realfeel measures suspension movement, and the LeoFFB does tyre movement. I don't have a clue about how to sort out RealFeel but if you ask around a little... Someone other than me should have something to say in this matter here :D
Back to top Go down
Chris Souter
Club Driver
Chris Souter

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 16:42

Kimmo, i have looked into both of the plug ins and to be honest there seems very little between them, just personal choice, i am leaning toward the Leo though, my one concern is this, is it a different setting for each car, i only play F1 1979 so its not going to be a really massive problem, for example, i have just signed for Ensign this year, will i need a totally different set up with the Leo for the Ensign N177 to that for the N179. I guess what i am trying to say is am i right in thinking its not a one set up for all cars. Chris. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 16:54

With Leo's plugin I noticed that the steering becomes very light in the F1s
Back to top Go down
Brad Otto
Rookie
Brad Otto

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Great info   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010 - 2:43

Hello Fellow drivers. Being new to HSO I'm still feeling my way around. I'm pretty new to rfactor and though i've run some public races im still hoping to find a fit within a league. Ive been with a Nascar league for close to four years and we have started combining races with your league and ours for special events(24 laps @ Lemanns). Anyway, The information your sharing is great for someone like me who has to do alot of homework to catch up, I got Rfactor because I feel in love with the OWR(open wheel racing) Indy cars with the FSB league. The f-1's in Rfactor give me a chubby when I hear them! Shocked Sometimes I pull up a video just to hear the engines screaming. I use a black FFB MOMO so Im nowhere near getting a g25, but quite a few of the other drivers have and they all say its a great set up. I look forward to sharing the information about LEO's plug in. Look forward to making laps with you all someday.
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010 - 2:21

With Leo, it's slightly different for all cars if you want to get the last out of it. Nothing special though.
I'll find out next week what it should be for your car Chris. Got to go to Germany tomorrow and I'm too tired to do anything smart right now. I'll hand over a FFB.ini as well if you need one.

Tiago, as default it is light. But that is cured with just a few clicks with the mouse. Need to turn stuff off in windows.

Brad, welcome. Smile Try to stay well clear of any kind of public racing, if anything, it will screw up your driving and the general rFactor experience. Public racing is just... wrong. Demolition derby.
Back to top Go down
Brad Otto
Rookie
Brad Otto

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: good advise   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010 - 22:26

Thanks Kinmo,
Again its like finding a good league to run Nascar. The public races were demo derbyies, not many truly wanted to race cleanly. Thats when I started hunting for a league to join. Now I fell in lust with the open wheel cars Indy ,Cart and F-1 series and I hope to find that league factor here at HSO for Rfactor and even specials of the Camel GT races i enjoy.
Looking forward to meeting on the track.
Back to top Go down
Othmane Belmachi
Club Driver
Othmane Belmachi

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan 2010 - 19:21

here is my setup with g25 :

Wheel set up. G2511

Wheel set up. Ddg10

Wheel set up. Dsfds10

I don't use reafeel
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:33

I was using real feel, but now use Leo's FFB with Leo's FFB Manager (HERE Leo's FFB Manager ). Leo's FFB Manager serves to load the different *.ini Files. I have prepared some of INI file to use, before playing. I run Leo's FFB Manager I choose *.ini file relative to the mod (es. for PROCAR i have a file PROCAR80.INI in standard root of Rfactor.) My Leo's FFB menager is on the desktop i lauch Leo's FFB menager.exe select my PROCAR80.INI file and activate it, run the game and select PROCAR80 mod, before you must memorize in Leo's FFB menager all your file *.INI's ( here my Leos's FFB *.INI files) For create a new INI file you need to keep some information from file suspension *.pm in Vehicle root of your rfactor and relative *.pm file of your car or mod (personally i keep only n°2 info from this file )
INI file standard contain:
Quote :
15.0 Front Wheel lock angle, degrees (max deflection to one side from straight on)
This value 0.707 Front wheel distance to centerline (half the front wheel track) in metres, from .pm file
This value 1.65 Front axle distance to body reference point (about half the wheel base) in metres, from .pm file
2.5 Relative strength of FFB effects
6.0 Aligning moment curve shape / feeling of tyre losing grip. Lower numbers are duller, range 1.0 .. 10
0.99 Negative aligning moment parameter for high slip angles, range 0.0 ... 1.0
10.0 Slip angle where aligning moment reverses direction - typically between 8 and 15 degrees
0.0 Caster (dimetionless)
0.0 Camber ratio (not degrees!)
1.0 Road bumps feeling on the wheel
11500.0 maximum FFB force for stationary and low speed effects
10.0 stiffness of stationary wheels
1.5 wheel rubber hardness (1..5)
8.0 how quickly static forces drop off when rolling

Accurate pneumatic trail and stationary tyre forces simulation
These default settings were tested on default rFactor BMW Formula 1
(c)2007 Leo Bodnar
This software is for end users only.
Use, bundling or referenceing by hardware manufacturers is prohibited.

but so many others value possible to edit, i edit also Caster and Camber too.
Alternatively there is a sheet of database where inside you can find a few values what you need without going to *.pm file (in the evening i put the LINK http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pfhVOZEc9A3mGeHzE1lGQRw&hl=en :jp: ) or a new leoFFBeditor 1.00 but i never used it :hihi: !
OK this is my procedure to make a various file ini for Leo's FFB, but may be incorrect also.
Sorry for my english.
I'm tired Sleep :D :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheel set up. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel set up.   Wheel set up. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel set up.
Page 1 of 1