Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa

Go down 
+29
John Cook
Ronald Toolooze
Rhys Gardiner
Mia Rose
Jim Carvalho
Jon Dee
Isidoro Jauregui
Karel Marciniszyn
Paul Nadeau
Filippo Marazzi
Honza Mild
Matt Wright
Abigail Edwards
Gérard Ryon
Krzysztof Babij
David Purchase
Mark Johnson
Mark A Warmington
Austin Burchfield
Rob de Vries
Niklas Kirsten
Rory MacDuff
Petr Hlavac
Declan Brush
Martin Jaspers
Martin Bayer
Darren Andrews
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mia Rose
Rookie
Mia Rose

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-02-12

1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2023 - 23:16

I'll sadly have to miss this one too Sad

Qualified pretty well for GT Challenge (11th) so I want to put full focus into that this weekend

Frank Verplanken, Honza Mild, Darren Andrews, Martin Jaspers and Rory MacDuff like this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Mar 2023 - 4:45

Mia Rose wrote:
I'll sadly have to miss this one too Sad

Qualified pretty well for GT Challenge (11th) so I want to put full focus into that this weekend
Good luck with it, Mia :top:

Jim Carvalho, Darren Andrews and Mia Rose like this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Rhys Gardiner
Club Driver
Rhys Gardiner

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Mar 2023 - 13:53

Present!

Frank Verplanken, Darren Andrews and Martin Bayer like this post

Back to top Go down
Ronald Toolooze
Rookie
Ronald Toolooze

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-01-16

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2023 - 15:16

Present

Frank Verplanken and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
John Cook
Club Driver

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2023 - 19:11

i will be there

Back to top Go down
Pau Casajuana
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2023-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2023 - 20:16

present Smile

Back to top Go down
Marek Liolias
Rookie
Marek Liolias

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2023 - 23:47

present

Back to top Go down
Declan Brush
Rookie
Declan Brush

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Mar 2023 - 17:32

I had a last minute change of plans and I sadly will not be able to attend this Sunday’s race Crying or Very sad

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari Salminen
Rookie
Lari Salminen

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Mar 2023 - 12:21

I should be able to make it.

Back to top Go down
Sebastian Vignone
Rookie
Sebastian Vignone

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Mar 2023 - 12:56

Present!

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Mar 2023 - 23:31

Matt Wright likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Mar 2023 - 9:07

Yesterday I saw finish line...That was probably not the motorsport god at home lol!

Frank Verplanken, Jim Carvalho, Darren Andrews and Martin Bayer like this post

Back to top Go down
Niklas Kirsten
Rookie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2023-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Mar 2023 - 13:27

Here a brief (or not so brief) recap from my perspective:

In qualifying, I could go about a second quicker than in pre-qualifying thanks to the evolving track. Didn’t try any slipstreaming though, maybe could have find another half second or so. That was P4 on the grid.
I got a pretty good start and was aiming for a gap between the cars in front. Thereby I crossed into Darrens line unfortunately and we both suffered minor body damage. Sorry for that! Could keep up the momentum though and outdragged both the Jags and was P2 into Curva Grande behind Nico. (Side note: Almost crashed into the right hand barrier due to lack of focus. Would have surely come back onto the road an taken half the field out. Spent the rest of lap 1 thinking how embarrassing that would have been.) For the first two laps I could keep up with Nico. Then some green cars flew by. Might have been the Jags of Isi and Rory, but they were too fast to tell for sure. There was some fun slipstreaming and overtaking with Tom and we were both able to stay reasonably close to the leaders. Then, around lap 10, Tom and me went off in Parabolica simultaneously. We rejoined in the same order but had lost 6 seconds and contact to the leading pack, obviously. I think some laps later Petr overtook both of us. So was P6 at that time. Tom stayed in his tow for a while but couldn’t keep up ultimately. At the same time Rob de Vries in the second Lancia was closing in on me slightly.

Some more slipstreaming with Tom but we couldn’t really close in on Petr who was some 8 seconds down the road. Meanwhile, Rob spun at the exit of the second Lesmo. It happened while we were lapping other cars, maybe there was some contact? When we came into more traffic, Tom lost out a bit through the Lesmos. As my car was handling beautifully in this part of the race and I had lots of confidence, I started to really push 100% and was able to break away. Was now in P5 and doing the same times as Petr (10s ahead) and 0.5-0.8s quicker than Tom. From then, it was only about bringing it home. Was doing some calculations in my head and figured out that me and Tom would have equal points but he would take 3rd in the +3L championship because of his wins. Needed a car between us or one of the leaders retire to make for a bigger points difference. Nico didn’t disappoint me and once again failed miserably at managing his brakes Razz So came home in P4 in the race and P3 in +3L standings.

Congratulations to all winners, finishers and thanks for the clean, professional and fun racing at Monza and the whole 1953 series. Special thanks of course to the organizers and everyone who contributed.

As I will be moving to the mighty Scuderia Guastalla for next season, I now also have a Maserati at my disposal. Excited to find out what that car can do. Will need to figure out whether to concentrate on +3L or 2L. See you in 1954!

Frank Verplanken, Darren Andrews and Martin Bayer like this post

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Mar 2023 - 13:59

I won the ISO 1958 Italian Grand Prix last year, so I had high hopes for this race. It was also obvious that all those horses under Jag's bonnet will help. A lot. Another reason for optimism was the fact, that I finally learnt how to rotate this car. You either need to apply brake to avoid understeer or slam the gas pedal to slide the rear. Coasting is the worst thing to do and the car just understeers off the track. Handling can also be improved by moving brake balance to the rear. With these problems eliminated, I started from P9.

It didn't take long to move up the order, simply because the Jag is a beast in straight line. The march forward stopped at P4 halfway through the race and I expected to finish at the same position. The battle for top 3 had to be very intense, but I was way off. But then one of the leading cars got stuck in the armco and I brought it home on P3. Top 5 achieved, I'm happy

Looking back at the season, I wish I joined you from the start. Still, better late than never. All those races were very enjoyable, from survival in Monaco to the lonely night stint at Spa. Spa is the only race where I could do a significantly better job, but the rest was either on par or better than I expected. I'm definitely way behind the fastest guys, but it looks like I bring it home in most cases = P5 target achieved = I can't be happier and I'm looking forward for more

Congrats to winners, thanks to Frank, thanks to everyone for fair and clean racing and see you soon

Frank Verplanken, Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, Martin Bayer and Niklas Kirsten like this post

Back to top Go down
Martin Bayer
Rookie
Martin Bayer

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Apr 2023 - 5:44

Race and season summary:

The outlook to 1954 was outdated already when I finished the upload because SOMEBODY had to change their plans again. Sad

Gérard Ryon, Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Brief race recap   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Apr 2023 - 15:14

Just a quick update.
Fairly quiet race. One leary sideways moment but no big deal. :conduit:
Tried to slipstream Mark's Masa for a few laps but he soon dropped me. Managed to hold into Mark's Aston for a couple of laps but lost him in traffic. I was gaining about .5 seconds per lap in his stream. Sorry if it was off putting.
Spent loads of the time being lapped and lapping but could never hold onto anyone's slipstream. I didn't even notice Mark and Erwann lapping me. I hope I didn't get in anyone's way.
Sorry to see John drop out on the last lap.
And that's 1953 done. :hello:

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa   1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1953 Round 6 - Coppa Inter-Europa
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2