Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO 2023

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2022 - 12:36

Hello HSOers !

I hope you are all well, although I guess none of us is getting younger with the years but what can you do eh !? :D

The great HRRC created by Jake “GPLaps” in which some HSO members have been participating this year has made us wanting for more.

So, as Jake’s HRRC was a one-time thing only and won’t be repeated in 2023, we are actually working on having a series next year at HSO with this great 1954 Endurace mod of rFactor 2. Nothing is set yet, but the plan would be to have around 15 races on Sundays, with 3-week intervals between races, all events obviously being recreations of real races these cars used to race in.

Also in the works are some rallying events by our resident flying Finn Jukka, using the historic cars available in the glorious (and very much alive and kicking) Richard Burns Rally sim.

All in all this could make for some nice online classic racing, and although nowhere near as gargatuan as the schedules we used to have back in the day is the best we could offer in terms of HSO racing with the manpower available on the admin side nowadays.

I guess there will also be room for an Open event with other rF2 mods here and there, but let’s just not run wild with it and first try to have a solid 1954 series going with some cool rallying events and see where we could go from there.

So, how many of you old timers would be in for that kind of programme ? Some HRRC members have already declared their interest in participating in 2023 HSO events, but we’d need a full grid to make it all worthwile so hopefully we can wake up the HSO spirit in some of our old members !

As usual, comments and suggestions welcomed.

:frank:

Paul Nadeau, Matias Estrela, Filippo Marazzi, Gio Nuvoli, Darren Andrews, Myfanwy Fflur and Mark Johnson like this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Nov 2022 - 7:53

I ll do my best to attend some races!
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:33

I would be interested in joining this series. Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2022 - 16:01

Hey Ricardo Wink Stay tuned for more details !

The general ideas behind the plan are already available as a sneak preview here. The series will officially be launched on December 19th, with the additional details such as full rules and regulations, the HSO custom skinpack and the slightly revised physics all revealed then. This is also when booking will open and drivers will be allowed to pick their rides.

:hello:

Ricardo Magno likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2023 - 11:52

As a suggestion, the 5th of February has no racing schedule.
I suggest a non-championship race with the F1 1979 (which were already used here and the championship was aborted due to the pandemic) and which was very good and competitive.
It would be a test race, preferably in variable weather on a track chosen by the administrators.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2023 - 12:04

It's a good idea but this year we are sharing the server with Pascal's Classic Motorsport Hub league, so we made it that there is no date conflict between the two leagues. On February 5 CMH will have the first round of its 2006 GP2 series.

As of now we do not plan on running another mod than the 1954 Endurance one. It's already quite a full schedule with 24 races for the year and is already a lot of work to make it all happen.

Having said that the door is always open for some events on our other traditional racing day, Wednesday, later in the year. But first let's get the season started and maintain a good attendance throughout the 1950s sportscar season. Then we can think of other events Wink.

Ricardo Magno and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2023 - 12:15

Frank Verplanken wrote:
It's a good idea but this year we are sharing the server with Pascal's Classic Motorsport Hub league, so we made it that there is no date conflict between the two leagues. On February 5 CMH will have the first round of its 2006 GP2 series.

As of now we do not plan on running another mod than the 1954 Endurance one. It's already quite a full schedule with 24 races for the year and is already a lot of work to make it all happen.

Having said that the door is always open for some events on our other traditional racing day, Wednesday, later in the year. But first let's get the season started and maintain a good attendance throughout the 1950s sportscar season. Then we can think of other events Wink.

Perfect Frank!
I had forgotten about sharing the server with CMH.

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HSO 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO 2023   HSO 2023 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO 2023
Page 1 of 1