Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO's future

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13741
Registration date : 2008-09-08

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 12:55

Guys, I'm sorry this is ending that way, and for the lack of communication. From 2020 HSO was Frank's baby. He was convinced he could carry it with the help of a few people (thanks to Mike, Ben, Karel and Honza), but he's been absent for a long time now. It's hard to get news from him, I guess he doesn't want to give some. From the informations I have, he appears to have personal issues, with his health and/or at work. HSO is not really important, and he has kinda disappeared that way a few times before, so I hope it's nothing serious and that he'll be back one day with the same enthusiasm and humor.
With Frank gone, HSO is lacking its head, as none of the admins appears to be willing to take the reigns. They were here to help, not to lead, no problem with that. I can't tell you if that's the end of HSO or not, I can't say without Frank's opinion. But no racing is going to happen here for now. We'll let you know when HSO's future is decided.

Carl Larrad, Greg Hunt, Michael Labelle, Bruno Chacon and Bruno Pagiola like this post

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4316
Registration date : 2010-03-25

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 15:10

hope Frank is fine and will be back soon :frank: :frank:

it's shame for HSO too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Florkin Marc, Carl Larrad, Bruno Chacon and François Violet like this post

Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2008-11-18

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 16:13

Comme tous , j'espère que Frank va aller ,

et pourvu que HSO continue

Marcus

:hello:

Espoir

:top:

Carl Larrad, Greg Hunt and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 1990
Registration date : 2008-12-22

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 16:37

Thanks for the heads up Gui,and sending my best wishes to Frank and hope he is ok 👍🍻

HSO's future 16

Guillaume Siebert, Carl Larrad, Greg Hunt and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
François Violet
Club Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2020-01-23

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 16:54

Bonjour a tous,

je suis membre HSO et je souhaites sincèrement que cela continu en attendant je vous propose de venir vous amuser avec nous . Nous avons un championnat f1 1975 pour septembre avec un open de propagande le 21/07 qui sera rediffuser en direct. Discord : https://virtual-french-racers.liveracers.com/Live/?server=VFR-F1-Classic-1970/1990

Frank si tu nous lis , nous te souhaitons un rétablissement rapide , nous attendons ton retour , si tu as besoin d'aide pour le site je serai là. Nous te souhaitons le meilleurs. a bientôt.

François

Carl Larrad, Greg Hunt and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Paul Nadeau
Club Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-08-14

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jul 2020 - 0:29

Gui I also hope Franky is OK and someday returns to the fold. I haven't been able to race or keep track of what's going on here except to visit once in a while. It's a shame to see HSO sitting idle but it will always hold a special place for me. Many good times here and the concept is like no other.

Paul

Guillaume Siebert, Carl Larrad, Greg Hunt and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2020 - 22:39

I Also don't visit much these days but i do like to check in now and again,  likewise i have fond memories of HSO having spent countless hours not only racing here but research and painting skins to try and help bring the realism to some of the awesome historic mods.

They where very happy times especially with Frank and you guys its easy to forget all the work that goes
on behind the scenes and i think in terms of historic racing HSO was the place to be such a shame that
it has become inactive. i don't think there will ever be another place like it for the historical accuracy.

I Hope Frank, Gui, Ben, Martin and Antoine and all the other guys who helped make HSO so successful are happy in your lives and i would like to thank you all for the time i spent here. Also hoping that Frank is ok.

I Would also like to thank all the Guys that i was lucky enough to race against, also have some as my team mates they know who they are Steve, Paul, Richard, Frank, Ben, Tiago, Greg, Ludovic, Marc too many too mention hope you are all happy thanks HSO. :conduit: :drink:

What we do Monday to Friday Keeps us up with the Competition ...
What we do Saturday and Sunday Keeps us ahead ...

Guillaume Siebert and Steve Parker like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2020 - 6:13

PayPal account is running dry. I will shut down the server and website (not the forum) soon.

Club Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2020-01-23

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2020 - 19:05

... et bien j'aurai pas beaucoup profiter de se merveilleux site sur la simulation classic , je suis vraiment triste, mais le forum reste ouvert tant qu'il y a de la vie ... je n'ai pas l’immense compétence pour créer un site de la qualité de HSO sinon j'aurai proposé de reprendre le flambeau mais ce n'est pas possible , c'est un presque un métier et je vois toutes les difficultés que cela engendre s'en oublier l'aspect chronophage. bon vent a tous ! on continu ...

https://classic-simracing.forumactif.com/t10-rfactor-2-serveur-test-n3-preparation-championnat-f1-saison-1975-hotlap

Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2020 - 8:59

C'est triste , j'ai eu beaucoup de bons moments chez HSO.
J'ai même eu le temps d'arrivé à ma retraite....professionnelle !
:papy:
Gardons encore un peu d'espoir , et grand merci à tous ceux qui ont fait vivre HSO
:top:

Marcus
:cowboy:

Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2020 - 14:51

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
PayPal account is running dry. I will shut down the server and website (not the forum) soon.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

quelle tristesse , que des supers souvenirs me reviennent en tête concenrant HSO que ce soit en course, sur le forum ou lors de discussions en live via teamspeak Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Je n'aurai jamais souhaité détenir ce triste " trophé "  d'être le tout dernier pilote a avoir décrocher une pole et une victoire pour HSO pale pale pale

pas de mots ....

Je n'oublierai jamais tous les amis que j'ai pu me faire ici , grosses bises à tous Crying or Very sad

Florkin Marc, Yannick Lampure, Bruno Chacon and François Violet like this post

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2020 - 20:29

So sad the end of an era. Sad

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1074

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2020 - 16:33

sad news, any way how to save pages (and results) ?

Bruno Chacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2017-03-08

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2020 - 14:36

Aucun participant HSO qui a une amitié plus étroite avec Frank Verplanken n'entend parler de lui?
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2020 - 15:20

Cela reste mystérieux ???
J'ai déjà envoyé un message et pas de réponse ????

Marcus

pale

Bruno Chacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2020 - 20:20

Antoine got Frank's mother on the phone, he seems to be ok. I guess he'll show up when he feels like it.

As for your question Michal, I think there are tools to copy a website's pages on your pc, not sure what the end result is, how easy it is to browse the copied website . I will be saving everything (just not the replays) on my side, to put it up back online if HSO racing comes back to life one day.

It is sad but to think of all the things we did, the concept we created more than 10 years ago , that has been copied many times after that, all the cool people we met, the great battles on track... it still makes me happy to think about all this. it's been such a great ride! I have very fond memories of the first years of HSO, nothing will take that away Smile

Yannick Lampure likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2016-01-04

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2020 - 22:16

Never thought I'd post here again but I wanted to bring this to your attention as ... well, I just thought it wouldn't hurt.

Currently over at ISO, we're on summer break and I'm pretty damn bored, so I thought, as the idea of hosting a 24-hour race has always been played down a little for a couple of reasons, I thought "Why don't I just start the whole planning stuff myself and see where it goes from there?"

Well, I'm currently in the process of doing some research and all that important stuff to plan a rendition of the 1982 Le Mans 24-Hour race in rFactor 1 (and no, I won't be convinced to move this to AMS1 or rFactor 2 or whatever, as rFactor 1 is the most accessible platform IMO) and using the Virtua_LM GTPC Mod and Le Mans 1979-1985 as the obvious track of choice.

Long story short, looking at the decline of HSO is sad to me, but if it goes down, why not go down with a bang?

I made a Discord server where I collect ideas and write everything down as it just comes to my mind, and..well, I think considering the fact I had this idea a whole two days ago, I think I'm doing well so far.

Discord: https://discord.gg/caEf6XM

I also made a spreadsheet where I compared the actual entry list from back then with the list of currently available cars in the VLM GTPC mod (with all updates and additions etc. that we ran in 2016/2017 for example). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CKxGp1SFy0j58ZqjK8mnI8WBZWvQbIPrdvXN-CfdEk/edit?usp=sharing

Whether the big guns here wish to pick up on it and like the idea or not, that's your decision. I simply thought it wouldn't hurt to bring it up here and..well, we'll see how far it gets until I either abandon it somehow or we may even get to a point where we can say "Entry List is open!"

Cheers,

Pascal.

2016 1000km of Kyalami Winner! HSO's future WEC1983_pAG1
2017 Grand Prix of Italy Winner!  HSO's future ASenna_01
2018 Indianapolis 500 Pole Position Winner! HSO's future USAC74_14
2018 Can-Am Challenge at Riverside Winner! HSO's future 7McLaren

Filippo Marazzi and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GrandPrixracer100
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2020 - 12:02

It's sad to see things ending like this, after all the hard work that the ISO team put here. We picked this league in 2016 when it was on the verge of disappearing after the original founding admins had lost heart and some even left it, and we did so in a very complicated moment. rFactor 1 was on the way down, rF2 was plagued with infancy issues and a real riddle for modders, and AC had already started drawing a good part of the community to it. We worked hard to provide a unique offering with exclusive in-house mods, custom physics, broadcasts and the most realistic recreation of series possible, making whatever models, skins or tracks were not available. And then we piloted successfully the transition to AMS, managed as well as we could the aging server upgrade and kept creating exclusive contents. When we were at our peak, Frank returned and, believing he could do better, asked us to hand the keys back to recover the original HSO spirit moving to rF2 into 2020. I have no idea if he did not gauge well his own chances of dedicating all the time and effort such a league needs, the rF2 status, how the simracing scene looks today or what went wrong, but in the end the attendance to some rF2 races was not always as stellar as one could have expected, many rules had to be dropped because of technical issues, the rf1 series cancelled, and COVID or whatever other real life blow seems to have finished him off, putting an end to the project. 

So all our past efforts will go down the drain now, but oh well, that has happened to many other leagues before, so I guess it's a normal life cycle - and somehow fitting that it will end in the hands of the same people it started. 

Good luck to you all in your personal real life and whatever other projects you take on. Maybe some day we will indeed see HSO come out of criogenization, who knows.

Florkin Marc, Jason White, Jason Fitch, Pascal Mikula and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2020 - 10:47

Alberto don't make it sound like you guys arrived here like the A-Team from nowhere to save the world. You were all here a long time ago, Richard and Jason were already admins in 2015, there was a transition period when you were trained to what is being an admin, how to plan series, use the website, set up the server... You inherited a league with lots of things already set up, a community, website, forum, quality standards, a concept. All that helped you massively to create ISO. I'm not denying you all did great stuff, and improved HSO in several aspects, I always said I was glad to see what HSO had become after the founding admins left. But don't put our heritage under the carpet like it never existed. Would ISO exist without HSO?

As for 2020, I also think Frank got too optimistic and some ideas were not great. But he's always been like this, lots of ideas, some great, some... not so great ^^ But he always wanted to try new things. He had been absent from simracing for a while and was playing catch up. Despite this, grids were decent and he had other plans for the future. The main problem is that he had no back up, so when he disappeared there was nobody left to lead HSO. I just hope he's not afraid of coming back here because of this.

Yannick Lampure likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2020 - 17:43

I have re-read my previous post several times and still can't understand where you got that idea about the A-Team and saving the world or that I put your work under the carpet. I think I was objectively right when I said that by 2016 HSO was ready to close doors, coincidentally also after a year headed by Frank alone taking most of the burden. We were indeed taught how the server and your website software worked, and learned many things from you, taking a fully working operation over after learning the essentials, and kept going and improving as much as we could, for sure. But had we not done that, HSO would have been back then in the exact same situation it is today. No A-Team, and no saving the world, just plain fact. 

My previous post was mostly a reflection on our tenure period, it is up to others to sing the praises of their own one.  Wink

Jason White and Pascal Mikula like this post

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2020 - 10:10

Let's just say I disagree with some of your facts, but I'm not going to continue debating this as it will get very boring for everyone.

Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-08-11

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 21:14

I guess this announcement has been coming for several weeks now... Still does not make it any less sad.

HSO is, without a doubt, the place where I have my best simrace memories. It going down, makes me feel kind of homeless.

Many thanks to the founding fathers Gui, Antoine and Frank for all the fabulous memories, as well as to all those others who contributed their part, large or small. The final result was a unique blend of top level simracing and a camaraderie I rarely encountered anywhere else.

That being said, I will continue visiting this place as I am pretty certain that it will one day rekindle. True fires never extinguish for ever... And down here, we had some of the best and truest simming fire ever, together with so much more.

Avec tous ce que HSO est devenu, on oublierait presque qu'à la base, HSO était la maison des simeurs historiques francophones: les Français, les Belges, pas mal d' Espagnols, etc.

Il me parrait dès lors proprice de vous offrir quelques mots d'un des plus grands bardes Français, monsieur Dassin himself:

"Ton adieu, je n'y crois pas du tout
C'est un au revoir
Presque un rendez-vous."

Thanks for everything.

Timo

Guillaume Siebert, Antoine de Mautor, Florkin Marc, Carl Larrad, Yannick Lampure and Bruno Chacon like this post

Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2020 - 20:33

No one can deny that all parties involved made this a great place to be.

I think we can all agree that this was a great place to race and no other site in my mind will ever be able to compete with the historical accuracy that HSO strived for. Not only for the racing but for many many hours of research to make every series as accurate as possible. I Was always astounded by Franks Knowledge of
anything motorsport related I Guess when he came back he thought he could make things work, but this has been a very very trying year for everyone.

I raced with most of you for the best part of 7 years and HSO up until my 50th birthday it became a huge part of my life and until I realised there was a life outside HSO.
Life is so very busy especially this year we all have more important things to worry about I'm sure
I would like to thank everyone at whatever stage who helped HSO to be so successful admins especially, and all people that i have ever raced with.

I think rfactor 1 was the pinnacle of racing for me so moving away from that it would have to be something really special. No other race sim has the content available and the way everything is pay to play or pay per download content now just don't think it will be ever be as great again.

I Wish ISO all the luck in the world with there own sim racing venture but I also wish everyone well at HSO who has given me such great memories.

I Love to comeback here now and again and check how things are going so I do feel a little
sad that this has happened. Gui thanks for the latest information on Frank glad to hear he is ok.

Hope everyone is safe. :drink: :drink: :hello:

Guillaume Siebert, Gérard Ryon and François Violet like this post

Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 8:32

Carl  my friend , a lot of wonderful memories with you in and out of track :drink: :drink: :drink:

Carl Larrad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-08-11

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 9:24

The last days we again breached the average of about one post per day. Not bad for a league with not much racing going on... for now.

I knew this place would not just whither away and is bound to bounce back one day.

That being said: does anyone have the slightest idea what the cost to rent a good server for say one year would be?

Cheers,

Timo

Sponsored content

HSO's future Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSO's future   HSO's future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO's future
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: