Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]

Go down 
+11
David Jundt
Gabriel Sterr
Mick Chapman
Paul Anstey
Matthias Weber
Gérard Ryon
Petr Hlavac
Mike Becnel
Steve Parker
Paul Daniels
Ben Paulet
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Empty
PostSubject: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:48

HSO 1990 ATCC | Round 3 | Phillip Island

Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Round_52

EVENT SCHEDULE

Wednesday April 8th (all times given are CET) :

19:00 – Free Practice
20:00 – Qualifying session (60 minutes, unlimited number of laps)
21:00 – Briefing and Warm-Up
21:15 – Start of the race (50 minutes)

Password : hso90

A training server will be running 24/7 (same password).

Thanks for pointing our presence or absence to the race in the present thread.

ENTRY LIST (4 confirmed | X pending | absent)

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 9:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:52

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2020 - 23:44

If work permits I will be there :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 3:12

confirmed :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 23:11

Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 9:43

:conduit: Présent
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 14:39

Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Paul Anstey
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 15:04

I'll be there Smile

Two questions

1. I'm guessing that the tyre info is inaccurate as I nearly did a full race distance on hard tyres and for half of that my front right tyre had 0% life. So my question is there a plugin like the rfactor 1 GID plugin that will show accurate info. I'm guessing probably not as the game will give out false info to any plugin. But if someone has found a way to get correct info please share Smile

2. The weather plugin that is being used. Does it use live weather info? It's just I did a google on the weather at Phillip Island and currently its not raining and yet in game it is raining. I ask this because I want to know if there's away of predicting the weather for tomorrows race or do we just get what we get. In real life of course they would at least get a forecast which may or may not be accurate.

Cheers

See you track side. I'll be the one at the back trying to drive the nuts of the Holden. Those Fords are just too fast. Time to fit those dual turbos and crack open the NOS Wink
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:33

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 16:45

Paul Anstey wrote:
I'll be there Smile

Two questions

1. I'm guessing that the tyre info is inaccurate as I nearly did a full race distance on hard tyres and for half of that my front right tyre had 0% life. So my question is there a plugin like the rfactor 1 GID plugin that will show accurate info. I'm guessing probably not as the game will give out false info to any plugin. But if someone has found a way to get correct info please share Smile

2. The weather plugin that is being used. Does it use live weather info? It's just I did a google on the weather at Phillip Island and currently its not raining and yet in game it is raining. I ask this because I want to know if there's away of predicting the weather for tomorrows race or do we just get what we get. In real life of course they would at least get a forecast which may or may not be accurate.

Cheers

See you track side. I'll be the one at the back trying to drive the nuts of the Holden. Those Fords are just too fast. Time to fit those dual turbos and crack open the NOS Wink

Yes on live weather Paul. Check the weather for actual track location and race time for best guess! We as admins don’t even know. It is sort of cool to show up to practice and it is raining.

Tire models are a weakness to be blunt. We all deal with the same weakness and over time we look to make mod changes here when we have the capacity to do so.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 17:44

The Hotlaps and HSO website appear to be broken?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2020 - 21:02

Have to sit out this one as an important project deadline has been shifted and I will probably not be home in time tomorrow. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 0:27

Should be racing.

As for the tyres: I feel like that's the weak point of the mod and because the tyre model of rF2(and customizing it for a certain car) is so complex, it feels like they have too much grip and the cornering and thus the lap times feel too fast to me :hum:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 5:47

Mick Chapman wrote:
The Hotlaps and HSO website appear to be broken?

Hotlaps were working but HSO site has had an html fit. I can’t fix it but it will get done.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 11:06

Frank was taking care of website and hotlaps page, and at the moment i can't do anything. :smil20:

About tonight event, I'm not sure to be present (because of skype meetings to do).
So, I'm setting the server now for tonight: 1 Hour Qualy, 15mn Warmup and 50 mn race. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 13:44

Ben Paulet wrote:
Frank was taking care of website and hotlaps page, and at the moment i can't do anything. :smil20:

About tonight event, I'm not sure to be present (because of skype meetings to do).
So, I'm setting the server now for tonight: 1 Hour Qualy, 15mn Warmup and 50 mn race. :frank:

I will be administrating the race and provisional results. See you guys and gals at qualy time!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 14:46

Paul Anstey wrote:

The plugin uses the geographic coordinates of the track used by the server and checks on the weather site what the data is. I'm not sure whether these coordinates are set by the creator of the track or if the plugin has a database of track coordinates, but anyways I noticed sometimes the coordinates were a bit off compared to the track location.

It may have to do with the fact that for the plugin to work with the meteorological site it needs to use the site's "weather stations", i.e. physical locations in the real world from which real time data is sent to the site. They obviously don't have one of those in every city or town, so often we get the weather from the closest bigger town I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Tomáš Matoušek
Rookie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 16:30

Back to top Go down
Riccardo Mastroeni
Rookie
Riccardo Mastroeni

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-03-29

PostSubject: absent   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 16:47

problems with the internet connection I will be absent sorry.
Back to top Go down
Michael_Marquardt
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2020-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 16:59

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 17:57

Sorry I was absent lately, things got crazy at work...

Race server launched :top: I'm too knackered to drive tonight but I'll be keeping an eye on youz :hihi: Have fun all :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 19:33

Sorry guys...just woke up and feeling like crap...(not virus)....As much as I like this track I am not up for it today.....
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeWed 8 Apr 2020 - 21:27

==> Race Results + Replay

Championship Standings

Mick please edit your player name, it has two spaces instead of one between name and surname, it messes up with our site Wink.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeThu 9 Apr 2020 - 3:32

Ran out of gas just as I was crossing the line. I was on new tires behind David and was catching him to unlap myself just after halfway and did the fuel math in my head and realized being lapped was a good thing! backed way off as I needed to conserve 1.2 liters extra to finish. Conserved 1.15
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2020 - 6:48

There's supposed to be a race at Longford tomorrow, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]   Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Phillip Island [April 8th]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next