Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]

Go down 
+17
Vadim Taciak
Tomáš Matoušek
Mick Chapman
Michael_Marquardt
Jan Titz
Riccardo Mastroeni
Paul Velasco
Petr Hlavac
Daniel Castevert
Jason Fitch
Matthias Weber
Gio Nuvoli
Mike Becnel
Yannick Lampure
Paul Daniels
Steve Parker
Frank Verplanken
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2020 - 21:50

Provisional results :

Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 02-Symmons-Plains

--> REPLAY <--
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2020 - 21:58

Underfueled by like 2l, but the start with a slow getaway made me get stuck behind Steve all race, never found the right "loophole" to slip through and have any chance at getting some distance between me and him :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2020 - 22:16

As David said the start was crucial,if he had got to first corner in lead he would have won,but luckily I had good start and then just had to make no mistakes as it is nearly impossible to overtake,had few scary episodes with lapped cars ,just had enough fuel myself only 2 LTRs left at end and soft tires were almost gone. affraid
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Apr 2020 - 22:31

You two were on each other like white on rice!

I should have pitted for tires like Petr. Once he caught me my RF was down to 45% with 40% of the race left and I could not push into the final turn or it would melt.

Fantastic race Petr, enjoyed battling you early.

Lapped cars did an absolutely fantastic job. Congrats to all of you for being predictable and relatively safe (when not spinning like a top lol! ).
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2020 - 0:13

As discussed with Mike on messenger, my pit stop strategy wasn't as brilliant as it may seem. There was no need to pit, as I had Hards. But I thought it might be fun to put Softs on, anyway. So I entered the pits, but got confused and went past my box. Basically, it was a self inflicted drive through penalty Very Happy

The race was fun. I had no idea what to expect, but the Sierra is quite nice to drive and driving standard at HSO is as high as it's ever been. I'll be back :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Paul Anstey
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2020 - 12:27

Even with the hard tyres on I got through the front tyres by mid race so I had to pit. Really don't understand rF2 tyre model at the moment. Just my driving style I suspected but I had this problem in a Ferrari Challenge race I took part in. The entire field went without pitting. I could only get to halfway before I had to get fresh rubber. I'll work it out eventually. I certainly chose the wrong car although I was surprised to get 7th on the grid but during the first few laps the Ford's behind me just left me for dead. I of course chose this car and I know the Ford in period were way ahead of the field but I'm never going to be anything other than a back marker in this series but I have made my bed and I must drive in it. My first race here at HSO wont be my last.
Back to top Go down
Riccardo Mastroeni
Rookie
Riccardo Mastroeni

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-03-29

PostSubject: comment the race   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2020 - 14:57

excellent race I preferred to use a conservative strategy I ask sorry for jan who touched me and turned around.
I had a problem of excessive tire wear
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2020 - 21:20

Horrible race for me. On the wrong side of the grid so let everyone past at the start and settled into chasing. Unfortunately got stuck behind a much slower car for many laps and then got cleaned up from behind. No-one to blame. Replay shows it was lag so these things happen. Spent a lot of time in pits repairing damage and battled on to finish 5 laps off the leaders. On to next week.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2020 - 2:46

Paul Anstey wrote:
Even with the hard tyres on I got through the front tyres by mid race so I had to pit. Really don't understand rF2 tyre model at the moment. Just my driving style I suspected but I had this problem in a Ferrari Challenge race I took part in. The entire field went without pitting. I could only get to halfway before I had to get fresh rubber. I'll work it out eventually. I certainly chose the wrong car although I was surprised to get 7th on the grid but during the first few laps the Ford's behind me just left me for dead. I of course chose this car and I know the Ford in period were way ahead of the field but I'm never going to be anything other than a back marker in this series but I have made my bed and I must drive in it. My first race here at HSO wont be my last.

Locking up any wheel can cause brutal wear in just one corner with rf2. I lost 5% on my RF in the last corner lap 2 locking up to avoid an early braker. Lower your max pedal force a bit.
Back to top Go down
Paul Anstey
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2020 - 13:01

Mike Becnel wrote:

Locking up any wheel can cause brutal wear in just one corner with rf2. I lost 5% on my RF in the last corner lap 2 locking up to avoid an early braker. Lower your max pedal force a bit.

Agreed. I did lock up a number of times trying to avoid ramming a few cars at the hairpin so that's probably where the damage was done.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2020 - 15:17

==> Race Results <==

==> Replay <==

==> Championship Standings <==

Apologies for the delay, was very busy at work.

Homepage of the site has a bug due to one of the circuit maps, will try to fix it. All other pages of the site work fine.

It was a decent race for me initially, snatched P5 in qualy off of Mick Razz and managed to keep him behind at the start and early on. I was on softs with a pit scheduled so I managed to stay in touch with the Riccardo and Jan for 15ish laps, but then caught some unlucky traffic.

Pit stop ruined P5 for me but I was happy to climb back up, with Matthias has an objective. More bad luck in traffic and an off in the last turn killed that. Was just cruising to finish when I rolled out of boredom in turn 1, finished with a very bent car only to wound up 11th and out of points :smil20: .

Sorry Gio for the contact (I did wait though ^^) and same to Riccardo when I was about to unlap myself when you were on worn out tires Wink.

Grats Steve, at least my team mate won :D :top: and all, that was some classic Group A racing Cool rhâââ lovely
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2020-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:44

@Frank Verplanken :hello: thank you Frank for all its results, I would like to know what will be the version of the Nordschleife, thank you.

:hello:  merci Frank pour tout ses résultats, j'aimerai savoir quel sera la version du Nordschleife , merci.
Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:07

Best "non-Sierra", nothing more to expect on a track like this.
Car felt great again, but it took some time to control my tire wear. Had some nice fights in the first laps with some faster cars trying to pass.

Very surprising, that many guys made a pit stop, so I ended up in P7 scratch

I've been impressed by the speed of Steven and David (as usual), but also from Paul A. who did a fantastic job with that Holden.

See you all in the next One :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2020 - 17:40

The round 3 Phillip Island track is now live on the server and the race is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Race post to follow soon. hso90 is still the password.

Same format and times as round 1 and 2. 50 minute race after a pace/parade lap.

Hot laps are here: http://164.132.233.235:64450/tracks?id=16&sort_by=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]   Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Symmons Plains [April 1st]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3