Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]

Go down 
+9
Tomáš Matoušek
Mick Chapman
Martin Audran
Mike Becnel
Ben Paulet
Steve Parker
Paul Daniels
Dan Faas
Frank Verplanken
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 21:58

I also started on slicks
And the Shitbox was undrivable and cannot figure out how to pit for wets and stuck it in some wall after a lap...
So many cool historic sims and we drive these 0.5 version cars that are still very beta imo there but as a Sierra V8 owner once upon a time I can tell you they do not handle like that, yes I did track days at Kyalami with mine... and in the rain too.
Nevertheless thanks everyone for making this possible, much apprecaite the ffort.
And I will be back, just a little rant to make myself feel better.
:conduit:
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 22:14

Lawd have mercy I will just opt for the root canal with no Novocaine next time it rains in these beasts!! lol!

That was fun as Hell. I kept passing Svenja Titz, screwing up, repassed by Svenja then repeat. Very VERY nice driving by Svenja! Extremely consistent and very predictable.

Edit: I tried to put on softs with 25 min to go. Too wet. Had to re pit at 10 min or so to go or I was going to crush my G27.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 22:22

Firstly, Sorry to whoever I hit from behind early in the race. You braked earlier than me and I got caught out. I slowed to redress but you pitted.
I didn't bother practising in the wet as the local weather report said no rain. Embarassed Didn't bother with qually and started at the back to watch for a while. Realised my LCD mode wasn't working so hung in on the 1st set of wets for a long time before pitting for another set of wets.  Rolling Eyes Thankfully I had a couple of laps on the guy behind so hung on for a 5th which I'm very pleased with.
Thanks to all for having me and for some great racing.

**EDIT**
After D/Ling the replay it was Georg Walz that I hit. Once again my apologies.

Last edited by Paul Daniels on Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 22:23

what the hell an idiot i am.... :doh:

Car felt amazing and was so fast, tried to lap Jan on P2 with all my might - and right now when i made it, my engine complained about something..... fuel

Sorry for blocking the road, hoped that someone will push me a bit
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 22:32

I need to tweak the site's database to generate the results page, and I'm too tired to do that now. Will do first thing tomorrow when I get back from work though, ETA 2:00pm CET Wink.

In the meantime, the provisional results :

Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Hidden1

Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Hidden2

And the ==> Replay <==

Nice racing on the drying track, I guess faster pace as race progressed is what caught both Steve and Matthias on fuel ? Anyways, it was a heart breaker to watch live. Steve is like the Chris Amon of HSO so an unlucky DNF is kinda expected :D Wink, but I admit I would have loved to see a Commodore win the opening round.

Thanks all for coming Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 0:48

Well it was hard work on soft slicks at start,lost 9 places before turn 1 as I had no grip,after that I drove it rally style lol,was surprised how much grip I had when tires heated up and carved through field to 1st,but you were right Frank my luck ran out👍
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 11:31

contre toute attente avec cette pluie, très bon début de course pour moi.  Very Happy
régulier propre, je me trouve a la 5ieme place, quand je croise le chemin de Dustin. What a Face
Dustin vous roulé plutôt vite, mai vous êtes très inconstant et surtout très dangereux en piste. Evil or Very Mad
votre tentative de dépassement était trais dangereuse a cet endroit, :grrr:
résultat une course gâchée. Evil or Very Mad
a bientôt sur la piste.

désolé pour mon anglais Google.

against all odds with this rain, very good start to the course for me.
regular clean, I am in 5th place, when I cross paths with Dustin.
Dustin drove you pretty fast, you may be very fickle and especially very dangerous on the track.
your attempt to overtake was very dangerous there,
result in a ruined race.
see you soon on the track.

sorry for my english google.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 14:26

Yannick I will post in English to make it easier for Dustin (let's be gracious with our new members :D).

I saw the incident live from the server. I was watching with TV cams and my initial reaction was "come on man, it's your first race with us and you're gonna do that ?". But I know better than to trust a camera view, and re-watched the incident right away with on board cam of Dustin. I did well because I don't think it is in fact Dustin's fault at all.

First thing to say about the incident is context : as it happened on several occasions during this race we were in a situation where a faster driver catches a slightly slower one who his nevertheless a lap ahead of him on the track. That can often be awkward. In this type of situation I would have let Dustin passed earlier Yannick, but it was your call and you were in your right to defend your position in my book (as long as you defend it regularly of course).

What happened on the contact is simple : Dustin took the outside line thinking Yannick was going to stick to the inside one, and Yannick didn't know Dustin was there. Unfortunate but inevitable contact, no blame to seek as far as I'm concerned - just a racing incident Wink.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 14:37

Et sinon Yannick je comprends ta frustration car en effet tu faisais une superbe course. Tu étais devant Michael qui a fini 3e au final donc c'était podium cette histoire :smil20: Y'en aura d'autres Wink
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 15:22

Yep Frank pas de soucis,  Very Happy
par contre si je ne me trompe pas ont était pas dans le mème tour lui et moi, Rolling Eyes
au vue des qualifs je ne pouvais pas savoir s’y il était rapide ou non.
pour moi je n'avais pas a le laisser passer.
c'est arrivé avec Steve et je peu te dire que la je me suis pas posé de question je l'ai laisser passer direct.  Laughing
bon c'est pas trop grave, mai c'est rageant.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 16:04

Je comprends mieux ta résistance si tu pensais que vous étiez dans le même tour, mais je t'assure que ce n'est pas le cas : regarde le tour par tour plus haut, il est 4 places derrière toi au moment de votre accrochage Wink.
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 19:40

non non justement je savais qu'il n’était pas dans le même tour, c'est pour ça que je croyait qu'il allait être moins agressif, bon c'est pas grave de toute façons je ne pense pas le gagner ce champ. Laughing
pas de soucis a bientôt.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 20:34

Houlà oui pardon j'avais mal lu ta réponse, j'avais loupé un "pas" ^^
Back to top Go down
Paul Anstey
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2020 - 20:51

Hi there, Can you give me the link to this mod please? It's probably right there in front of me but I cant see it.

Although I joined this sire some while back I have yet to race here. This series looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2020 - 21:20

That should do you. All individual downloads. http://xfactorracing.com/index.php/forum/82-mods/10615-xfactor-present-s-touring-car-revival-with-thx-to-tcl-olliec-t-man#13249
Back to top Go down
Paul Anstey
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2020 - 21:23

Paul Daniels wrote:
That should do you. All individual downloads. http://xfactorracing.com/index.php/forum/82-mods/10615-xfactor-present-s-touring-car-revival-with-thx-to-tcl-olliec-t-man#13249
Thanks Paul. Great name :clap:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2020 - 11:49

Welcome Paul :hello: ! This series is a lot of fun indeed :D.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2020 - 11:58

Sorry I forgot to mention the results and championship standings have been up on the site since a couple of days :

--> Race Results & Replay <--

--> Championship Standings <--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]   Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Hidden Valley [March 18th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2