Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]

Go down 
+19
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Andre Cunha
Steve Parker
Jan Kowalski
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Vaclav Burda
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Honza Mild
Karel Marciniszyn
Claudio Navonne
Mario Gassner
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
David Jundt
Dan Faas
Vladislav Zenkov
Mike Becnel
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:03

Frank Verplanken wrote:
You will find your ID in the address of your driver page [url=http://historicsimracing. org/en/pilotes]here[/url] once it is created by the site, i.e. once the results of tonight's race are up Wink

You can use rF2 Log Analyzer, if you want of course. For the time of adaptation of all your site scripts and plugins for rFactor 2. It is very multifunctional.

https://forum .studio-397. com/index.php?threads/rfactor2-log-analyzer-ver-2-with-offline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:04

Yes that's what I used as backup to create the provisional results Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:14

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
See, too easy Razz

So you were on softs if you had to pit aswell, I guess...

Although I killed mine when I braked too hard at the run towards Tosa. From that point on, it got annoying to drive Rolling Eyes

I wanted to ran the whole race on Soft. I didn't even think about pit-stop until you made it and took the fastest lap. The tires were OK, around 70%. That's good enough.

I could've tried that aswell, but my front right wasn't taking it that well. And be it on worn softs or fresh ones, it didn't make a difference in the end when you copied me and were a second quicker again.

Maybe I could've tried to postpone it so you wouldn't have had a chance to take it back, but my car got more and more out of control while you seemed to keep it clean.

Mostly also due to the fact my wheel made a lot of noise, which got on my nerves. And even with it being a test race, I wanted to finish and not to crash out in the last ten laps just because I'd have been too stubborn to go for a pit stop :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:17

David Jundt wrote:
Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
See, too easy Razz

So you were on softs if you had to pit aswell, I guess...

Although I killed mine when I braked too hard at the run towards Tosa. From that point on, it got annoying to drive Rolling Eyes

I wanted to ran the whole race on Soft. I didn't even think about pit-stop until you made it and took the fastest lap. The tires were OK, around 70%. That's good enough.

I could've tried that aswell, but my front right wasn't taking it that well. And be it on worn softs or fresh ones, it didn't make a difference in the end when you copied me and were a second quicker again.

Maybe I could've tried to postpone it so you wouldn't have had a chance to take it back, but my car got more and more out of control while you seemed to keep it clean.

Mostly also due to the fact my wheel made a lot of noise, which got on my nerves. And even with it being a test race, I wanted to finish and not to crash out in the last ten laps just because I'd have been too stubborn to go for a pit stop :D

Smooth driving is the key to understanding rFactor 2, which is why my tires were in excellent condition Very Happy

Because then it is very difficult to restore them to their normal condition.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:32

Well, not like I rape my tyres. But it sure is easier if you have a cushion of a second to work with while I have to push the car to not just drop back by 2s per lap lol!

I espect Buenos Aires to be tough, the fast bits will probably have all the fast cars swarm all over me if they aren't already ahead.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:40

David Jundt wrote:
Well, not like I rape my tyres. But it sure is easier if you have a cushion of a second to work with while I have to push the car to not just drop back by 2s per lap lol!

I espect Buenos Aires to be tough, the fast bits will probably have all the fast cars swarm all over me if they aren't already ahead.

It so happened that I never drove in Buenos Aires. While Imola is one of my favourite circuits. So I need more training in Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:48

That's good to hear :D. Hopefully with a full field and on full distance, you'll be challenged a bit more for the win :antoine:. Greg is very rusty, has not raced in a long while and is new to rF2, as are people like Jan or Steve for instance. Now they do have a good reference point to aim at though :D !
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2020 - 23:57

Frank Verplanken wrote:
That's good to hear :D. Hopefully with a full field and on full distance, you'll be challenged a bit more for the win :antoine:. Greg is very rusty, has not raced in a long while and is new to rF2, as are people like Jan or Steve for instance. Now they do have a good reference point to aim at though :D !

Georgy Koltsov is my teammate from CFEG WSCC and other series on rF2. He is also a very fast driver. So there will be a fight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 0:06

Ah yes cool, I was wondering about Georgy's pace :top:

We'll advertise to the outside world during the week, that should help fill in the few seats remaining for the championship - hopefully a hot shoe or too will join us Smile.

Otherwise all went well with the server, which is cool - always a bit stressful when it's your first start with a new sim...

Thanks to Timo for his kind offer to broadcast races this year :chinois: Even dropped his F1 ride to focus on his TV career ! As you saw tonight was a first technical test, the plan of course is to have live comments and various cosmetic and informative additives featured with the broadcasts.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 0:08

Some cars slightly warped or were laggy even with low ping though, that's the reason I couldn't judge what happened with Greg and me at the chicane.

Btw: Why weren't you guys using the HSO channel though?

Also, I can't seem to fix my virtual mirrors, they basically look at the sky. I tried to change them via ctrl+alt and the arrow buttons, but nothing happens...
Back to top Go down
Andre Cunha
Club Driver
Andre Cunha

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 1:10

Too much firsts for me.
Old rig couldnt handle rF2, so got a new notebook.
First rF2 race
Several years without sim racing seriously, and first official race with clutch and RFB.
First race with VR and ocullus.
First to abandon race lol!

After all Im glad, had fun, too bad blew up my engine with a misshift so soon.
My objectives were not to harm nobody, miss those ugly chicane curbs and keep improving. Could have lapped 1 second faster specially after the setup Gérard sent me, thanks mate.
Still have to tune my graphics and huds, had some freezes during the qualy.

Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 1:54

rfactor2 is cool!!

Hope to get better at it, but very immersive and fun despite a lonely race. :top:
Happy w result
Grats Podium, finishers, etc

Back to top Go down
Vaclav Burda
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 9:11

Hello,
it didn't let me race. Bug change session qualification to race. End qualification display freez and loading zzz and no to connection race. Rolling Eyes :smil20:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2020 - 23:09

rF2 has a known bug I think where trying to pend an open session(rejoining) won't work. Session would need to be restarted then I believe.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2020 - 0:55

FYI, the season has not started yet. We had a practice race, not a points scoring season race. One purpose of this race was to give you guys a chance to get some real seat time in your cars and work out bugs. It was also good for those who have been away for a long time to blow out some rust. Steve’s move is approved.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2020 - 12:22

énorme déception pour ma part pour cette reprise apres plus de 3 ans d'arrêt Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

A part en qualification ou après mettre cracher dans les mains j' ai réussi a obtenir la 2 eme place sur la grille mais bon a plus d'une seconde de Vladislav . pale , je n'étais nulle part , aucun rythme , aucune régularité  Neutral des erreurs inacceptables digne d'un débutant .

je suis parti en Hard alors que tous les autres autour de moi semblent etre parti en soft  scratch

complètement passager de ma voiture et pour finir le moteur qui explose avant la mi course .  :urgence:

existe t il un plugin sur RF2 comme le Xd sur RF1 qui permet de connaitre la santé de son moteur ?

Vladislav seems to be a very fast driver and  also very consistant , of my point of view the lotus look likes an too fast car for him  I think .

anyway congrats to you Vladislav for the win and your great race .  :clap:  :chinois:

see you next race and i hope in a little bit better form for me .

grats all finishers  :hello:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2020 - 23:28

I have not found one yet Greg but I am looking. Several plugins died when RF2 forced everyone to DX11. If I see a good plugin I will share it. I know the one that shows the track map is currently broken. I really want that plugin I used in rF1 many years ago!

Vlad is fast but I think some others will get faster as we move forward. I also think some of those who did not race this weekend are possibly as fast as he is. It should be a large and tight front pack.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 0:11

Mike Becnel wrote:
I have not found one yet Greg but I am looking. Several plugins died when RF2 forced everyone to DX11. If I see a good plugin I will share it. I know the one that shows the track map is currently broken. I really want that plugin I used in rF1 many years ago!

Vlad is fast but I think some others will get faster as we move forward. I also think some of those who did not race this weekend are possibly as fast as he is. It should be a large and tight front pack.

SimHub has a trackmap plugins, you can customize plugins and create your own. I using it.

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 FJ0xN37gni8
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 0:22

I use the Scuderia Leone HUD. It looks simple and clean, doesn't clutter the screen.

It doesn't indicate engine life in something like a percentage though, only temps.

For Endurance events, I also use an overlay called V-HUD to show me the relative gaps to the next cars around me, very useful.

Now I just need to find out how to move the virtual mirrors in this mod, I tried the buttons for it but nothing happened, even though the guy said "mirror" when pressing the command.

Maybe an issue with changed FOV...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 0:26

Thank you Vlad! I will go look ASAP.

Sorry David, I have no clue what the issue is. The only thing I have seen is moving your seat position can fix mirror issues. Total guess though!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 13:32

I finally managed to up the race results on the site. Apologies for the delay.

We didn't find time yet to make sidepics of the cars for the starting grids, especially since doing those on rF2 is a bit of a hassle due to the lame showroom compared to rF1 :smil20: . But we'll get there, eventually.

Same for the lap-by-lap chart. Our site can't generate them automatically anymore as it used to do, but I'll do it manually when I find the time Wink.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 13:34

Also, Vladislav, Vaclav and Dan, you each now have a dedicated "driver" page on the site. You can use your driver ID to generate a HSO signature with your career stats as explained here Wink.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020 - 21:18

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Also, Vladislav, Vaclav and Dan, you each now have a dedicated "driver" page on the site. You can use your driver ID to generate a HSO signature with your career stats as explained here Wink.

Thanks! :top:

Were there any drivers in the history of HSO who took the Grand chelem in their debut race?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2020 - 6:45

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
Were there any drivers in the history of HSO who took the Grand chelem in their debut race?

Sorry, I had missed your question. Off the top of my head I would have said Jesper Taulborg in our 2013 BTCC '88, but although he did win his first race and set fastest lap, Gui had beat him to pole by 3 thousands of a second :D. He did go on to win his first 8 HSO races, and was 11/12 overall.

It did happen with Tristan Bayless and Ryan von Steinen in our 2009 Nürburgring 1000 Km race for instance. There might other instances, but can't think of one right now.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2020 - 1:40

In the meantime Jesper is now going by the last name Nielsen. But I haven't seen him race in ages...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]   Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-championship - Imola [Jan. 19th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next