Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation


 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 N00b Questions

Go down 
+3
David Jundt
Timo Vermeersch
Paul Velasco
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco


Number of posts : 260
Age : 60
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2020-01-01

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:00

Hi
I have just joined up and interested in what you guys are doing.
With regards to joining a series what is the process for newcomers?
Can I join the server to test?
Is there a fee?
I am reading up as much as I can but don't seem to find this info.
Much appreciated if someone can advise or point me to the right area in the forum.
Cheers
PV
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch


Number of posts : 1331
Age : 52
Location : Brussels
Registration date : 2009-08-11

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:04

Hey there,

to join a series, just ask a car in the entry thread for the series concerned e.g. HERE for the 1979 F1 series.

Anyone can always join a test server to test.

There has never been a fee in the past and I thing there will not be any in the near future. That being said members are allowed to support the league with a gift to help cover server costs etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Timo

_________________
Visit Intersection Diaries: the tale of a young racing career.. And like us on Facebook.
N00b Questions Inters12
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco


Number of posts : 260
Age : 60
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2020-01-01

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:16

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Hey there,

to join a series, just ask a car in the entry thread for the series concerned e.g. HERE for the 1979 F1 series.

Anyone can always join a test server to test.

There has never been a fee in the past and I thing there will not be any in the near future. That being said members are allowed to support the league with a gift to help cover server costs etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Timo

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt


Number of posts : 2647
Age : 32
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 15:16

I know, I am not an admin/mod, but can you please use your real name? It's gonna be required anyway Smile

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

N00b Questions 467
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel


Number of posts : 4741
Age : 53
Location : Sugar Land, TX, USA
Registration date : 2012-06-24

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 21:23

Per others Paul, HSO is free and you have done all you need to do to get a car.

As the one running 79 F1, as a new driver I ask you focus on finishing the races and then work on being fast. Set your car up accordingly.

I have also been out of simracing for several years so I doubt I will be fast so will focus on not ruining the tace of anyone else while getting myself back up to speed.

_________________
N00b Questions 458
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco


Number of posts : 260
Age : 60
Location : Berlin
Registration date : 2020-01-01

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:49

Mike Becnel wrote:
Per others Paul, HSO is free and you have done all you need to do to get a car.

As the one running 79 F1, as a new driver I ask you focus on finishing the races and then work on being fast. Set your car up accordingly.

I have also been out of simracing for several years so I doubt I will be fast so will focus on not ruining the tace of anyone else while getting myself back up to speed.
Noted. I won't race until I am sure I won't get in the way and can do the laps consistently.

_________________
N00b Questions Gp247-2020-logo-600
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel


Number of posts : 4741
Age : 53
Location : Sugar Land, TX, USA
Registration date : 2012-06-24

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 0:21

Paul Velasco wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Per others Paul, HSO is free and you have done all you need to do to get a car.

As the one running 79 F1, as a new driver I ask you focus on finishing the races and then work on being fast. Set your car up accordingly.

I have also been out of simracing for several years so I doubt I will be fast so will focus on not ruining the tace of anyone else while getting myself back up to speed.
Noted. I won't race until I am sure I won't get in the way and can do the laps consistently.

Don't think about it quite that conservatively. Honest mistakes happen. We mainly swat super idiots like those who drive backwards, drive with a clearly destroyed car or intentionally wreck others.

Just make a nice stable setup and enjoy yourself!

_________________
N00b Questions 458
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas


Number of posts : 58
Age : 30
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Registration date : 2019-11-25

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 4:24

Forgive my ignorance but is there a liveracers page for the HSO servers?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel


Number of posts : 4741
Age : 53
Location : Sugar Land, TX, USA
Registration date : 2012-06-24

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 5:22

No. Not at this time.

_________________
N00b Questions 458
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12810
Age : 46
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 14:03

Dan Faas wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but is there a liveracers page for the HSO servers?

We're planning to adapt our in-house rF1 hotlap program to rF2. Lots to do these days though, so don't hold your breath on that one :hihi: :smil20: . If we get to the point we think we can't deliver it in a timely fashion we'll get a liveracers page or the like, although we are not too fond of those.

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas


Number of posts : 58
Age : 30
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Registration date : 2019-11-25

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 15:11

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Dan Faas wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but is there a liveracers page for the HSO servers?

We're planning to adapt our in-house rF1 hotlap program to rF2. Lots to do these days though, so don't hold your breath on that one :hihi: :smil20: . If we get to the point we think we can't deliver it in a timely fashion we'll get a liveracers page or the like, although we are not too fond of those.
\

Awesome, Thanks for the update. I can be patient Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt


Number of posts : 2647
Age : 32
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:21

I guess raceview.nl might not be a solution?

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

N00b Questions 467
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12810
Age : 46
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:27

David Jundt wrote:
I guess raceview.nl might not be a solution?

I had bookmarked it, didn't have time to dig into it though. Looks nice enough to me. We'll see where we are at regarding this in a couple of weeks Wink.

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov


Number of posts : 115
Age : 21
Location : Rostov-on-Don, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Registration date : 2020-01-13

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:36

I did not understand Reconnaissance Laps Procedure. I racing in rF2 1,5 years and I don't know about that timers. I know only: after switch from warm-up to race session begins timer (mostly of all 35 sec) for pressing Race button, after press you teleport to starting grid and after end of this timer race start procedure has begins.

_________________
HSO F1 1979 Team Lotus driver
N00b Questions LKg3IZm4T60

N00b Questions 877

rF2 VRC.One IndyCar 2018 Champion and Rookie of the year
rF2 VRC.One IndyCar 2-times Indy 500 pole-sitter
rF2 VRC.One 1985 Indy 500 Champion
rF2 CFEG WSCC driver for VRC.One
rF1 Gonki.Me F1 1988, 1989, 2007, 2008 Champion
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt


Number of posts : 2647
Age : 32
Location : Binningen, Switzerland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:13

Frank Verplanken wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
I guess raceview.nl might not be a solution?

I had bookmarked it, didn't have time to dig into it though. Looks nice enough to me. We'll see where we are at regarding this in a couple of weeks Wink.

You'd have to ask Stephane Rouault, let's say he's a friend of mine, raced for my team the last two years. Good guy, always very friendly and helpful Smile

_________________
Murray: "JUNDT'S OFF-TRACK AGAIN!"

Martin: "That's a replay Murray, he's not even in the race anymore."

N00b Questions 467
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12810
Age : 46
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:20

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
I did not understand Reconnaissance Laps Procedure. I racing in rF2 1,5 years and I don't know about that timers. I know only: after switch from warm-up to race session begins timer (mostly of all 35 sec) for pressing Race button, after press you teleport to starting grid and after end of this timer race start procedure has begins.

You can try it offline, you'll see it's pretty straightforward - the kind of thing a bit hard to explain but easy to do you know :D.

Just edit the relevant lines in your player.json file, i.e. those switching the feature on and off :

   "CHAMP Reconnaissance":0,
   "CURNT Reconnaissance":0,
   "GPRIX Reconnaissance":0,
   "MULTI Reconnaissance":0,
   "RPLAY Reconnaissance":0,

each line referring to a race mod (championship, single race, multiplayer, ...etc.). Set to "1" instead of zero to activate recon laps feature.

To fine adjust the settings, still in the player.json :

  "Recon Pit Closed":150,
  "Recon Pit Closed#":"Time that pits are closed before formation lap (real-life is 900 seconds)",
  "Recon Pit Open":300,
  "Recon Pit Open#":"Time that pits remain open for recon laps (real-life is 900 seconds)",
  "Recon Timer":true,
  "Recon Timer#":"Whether timer is displayed in message box",

Also, a good way to explain it is to say it is just like in real life race meetings (or least was lol, I wouldn't know about now) : a few pre-race warming up laps coming out of the pits and passing through them again, before joining the grid.

:hello:

_________________
Thou shalt not train.


Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:32; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken


Number of posts : 12810
Age : 46
Location : Nice, France
Registration date : 2008-09-08

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:20

David Jundt wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
I guess raceview.nl might not be a solution?

I had bookmarked it, didn't have time to dig into it though. Looks nice enough to me. We'll see where we are at regarding this in a couple of weeks Wink.

You'd have to ask Stephane Rouault, let's say he's a friend of mine, raced for my team the last two years. Good guy, always very friendly and helpful Smile

Thanks, noted :top:

_________________
Thou shalt not train.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content





N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
N00b Questions
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: