Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]

Go down 
+20
Victor Alcocer
Grant Riddall
Oyvind Andersen
Dave Miller
Mick Chapman
Steve Parker
Bruno Chacon
Richard Coxon
Honza Mild
Raymond Riddall
Simon Wattman
Mattos Maul
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Matthias Weber
Jason White
Michael Griffiths
David Sabre
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 15:32

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
Absent. The game won't even start Rage

I think that'll be three meetings missed so my car will be free as per rules?
Seeing as there is still available cars that has not been taken, I would say that if you want to keep a hold of your car, then you may do so.

Have you tried re-installing the whole game, can't remember if you've said you've tried that or not?
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 16:12

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Have you tried re-installing the whole game, can't remember if you've said you've tried that or not?

I'm gonna try that one of these days. Fingers crossed :hum:
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 16:39

I have some issues with my ADSL Box...
Keep the cross the problem could be resolved before 20h30,if not im out pale
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 19:47

Hope I get into the races, might've to skip the first Q session.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 19:48

Finally thats work again cheers
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:21

Cannot load the track, just get an Error:
"Error opening MAS file COMMONMAPS3.MAS"

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:38

Thx for your help...

just copied + renamed COMMONMAPS.MAS to COMMONMAPS3.MAS

no my wheel isn recognised any more :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:49

Only just saw, but we could have easily given you a file to remedy.
Glad you found a fix though.
Apologies we took so long.

P.S here's a link to the intended file, incase it differs from the usual common maps.

ftp://51.77.116.8/Automobilista/Mods/commonmaps3.rar
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 20:55

Nah, no problem. Don't know where it came from and why this track wants commonmaps3.mas on my PC. Doesn't seem like any other one has that problem
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 21:00

A few of David Sabre's tracks require common maps 3. Mainly the F1 71 tracks used it most.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 21:13

:grrr: We can do better than that. An audi upsidedown that then lands in front of me with nowhere to go, race 1 over before the first corner.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 21:37

Warmup 2 is open, anyone can rejoin
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 22:26

Good fun track and racing tonight, sorry to David Sabre for the bump at the start of R2.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 22:27

My turn to get it wrong this time :doh: . Sorry to whoever it was that hit me when lost it trying to go up the inside. Dumb move by me.
Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 22:31

Great Quali but R1 was a mess,too much hot on brake make me spun two times,only managed 8th with some luck.

R2 began very well after a poor start,but the car was very unpredictiable,with some damage and brake set on 3 and not 2 like R1,the handling and braking was pain in the ass sometimes and very good other time,lucky to got 8 th on the last lap.

Back to top Go down
Victor Alcocer
Club Driver
Victor Alcocer

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 22:33

David Sabre wrote:
My turn to get it wrong this time :doh: . Sorry to whoever it was that hit me when lost it trying to go up the inside. Dumb move by me.

Yeah i try to avoid you and the other driver but didnt succeed.

Very hard to handle this car on braking in this race
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 22:33

perhaps i would have been faster, if i've driven backwards scratch

Trying that on the Avus next time...
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Nov 2019 - 23:17

Results and Points are up.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2019 - 15:13

I guess I should share some words too:

There were two races. I participated in them both. In the first one I damaged my car on the first lap, but still managed to finish 10th. In the second one I finished 6th. In neither did I do anything worth of noting.

Still had fun nontheless. Love Salzburgring and the super tourers. Getting a bit tired of being hopelessly off pace though.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2019 - 15:19

Your car is fat indeed Jacob, i am sure you are going as fast as the car allows, specially in a track like this. Next season i hope you get a more competitive ride Smile

As for me, i will just say i didnt want to see any Nissan driver hit on the side, so i killed myself instead Neutral was a lot of fun wrestling the audi around though.
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2019 - 8:20

New hardware up, now i am back in action :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2019 - 12:15

It's been a while but I'll try to put together a summary of the event either way.

Practice:
Coming into this race I knew that the Nissan should be pretty decent around Salzburgring but I hadn't taken into acount the inherent advantage of RWD off the turns that the BMW's would have.
But overall I was happy to be up at the front pace wise once again going into Qualifying.

Qualifying:
Managed to put together a decent lap but soon saw that Steve was able to go even quicker, as he completed a lap in 1.18,5 and that's when I thought I'd be a goner when it came to pole position.

Luckily for me, I got some fortunate timing in coming onto my hotlap not that far behind Dave in the Opel and I asked him after we came through the opening hairpin if he was on a good lap and when he wasn't, I were able to use the draft to suck myself up to the rear of his car down that looooooooooooooong back straight and didn't make any errors in the final turns to blast in a 1.18,3.
Without the help of Dave and his Opel, Steve would have taken pole, thanks a lot Dave for being sporting and letting me past when your lap wasn't good :drink:

Sprint Race:
Knew it would be really difficult to be in a good position down at the hairpin on the start, without the chicane it would be a.... How long a distance is that actually, it's like 14-18 seconds at full chap down that straight to the first "proper" turn of the track...

Happily I nearly got as good a start as I got at Nürburgring and was able to hold off most of the BMW's (1 of them, David) and all of the Audi's (Juha, Richard and Mick) going down the straight.
In the mirror I could see all hell break lose as I saw two cars off at the kink, one of them flying into the air quite high, was sorry to hear that several people got involved and impacted by the incident.

For myself it was a race long battle with the privateer Bimmer of Steve and the works one in the hands of David.
I tried early on to get past Steve but he made it very clear that he wouldn't give up the position easily, great defensive work at the end of the back straight that one time I got past, thought I had it done but you held on around the outside in that fast sweeper, didn't think that was possible.

After a bit of a moment I dropped behind David but in the slip-stream I were able to get back past and soon caught up with Steve again.
As the race was coming to the last few laps I had a few more stabs and, at the time at least, felt that I was being slightly chopped off in the small kinks that are on the back straight. In the end I, more or less, decided that I was going to go up one side, whichever was open, if I got a good enough run and so I did.
I don't know if Steve either didn't see me or what ever happened, but I went up the right side and had to quickly start moving right as Steve came over on me, which in the end saw me with half the car on the grass but couldn't move over much more without risking crashing out just hopeing that Steve wouldn't move over more but sadly our cars interlocked SuperTouringCarStyle and Steve was turned across my bonnet.
Slowed down to not take the position as I felt I had been a bit forceful with going up there but Steve decided to retire, I was very sorry to see that and rejoined the race in 7th place behind Jason.

Despite flatspotted tires from slowing down I were able to make the move on Jason when he made a tiny error at the opening hairpin and I got up to 6th.

That's as far as I could climb back up and 6th place for the start of the Feature Race, not optimal but it could have been far worse.

Feature Race:
For the longer race I was slightly worried about the tires after the Sprint but I had my suspicion that it was the locked brakes that had caused the late-race troubles with the tires.

Got another good start going, I think I've finally worked out how to get the Nissan off the line, as I climbed past Dave's Opel, Øyvind's Honda (Great first race mate!) and even Richard's Audi to place myself behind Ray and David going into the opening hairpin.

Spent a few laps sitting behind Ray being unable to get past, those works Bimmers has some proper power under the bonnet and their RWD helped both David and Ray to be faster off the turns at this place.

Finally I managed to get a better run off the hairpin then Ray who had a tiny bobble trying to get the power on and I slipped past down the straight and not long after Richard in the Audi was past Ray as well.

What ensued was a great battle between me and Richard for a few laps where Richard put in some stunning laps despite the weight dis-advantage that his AWD imposed on him. He got by and I couldn't quite find a way past and a truce was entered in an attempt to catch back up with David who had opened up a gap due to our battling in the opening few laps.

In the end we couldn't close in and Richard made a mistake at the opening hairpin like many others had done and I were able to slip past and blast open a gap down the straight.
A couple of laps later I sadly made a tiny mistake at the very fast sweeper at the end of the back straight and put half my rear left tire on the grass and span. I were able to almost save it without any damage but Richard sadly got caught out by it, missed his braking point and slammed into the outside barriers and retirement while I flung the car towards the inside and side swiped the inside barriers picking up a bit of damage myself.

Took a few laps to work out how the car would work and were able to get down to some decent lap times in the end but could do nothing about David ahead, your pace around here was astounding, great job!

So with Steve and Richard retiring and Anders not able to run, my championship lead is now a whopping 103 points so I need 58 points in the remaining 2 meetings to secure the title by points and not having to rely on amount of wins or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]    Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Int. ADAC Alpentrophäe - Salzburgring [Nov 20th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2