Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!

Go down 
+11
Ramon Llupart
Jan Kowalski
Raymond Riddall
Matthias Weber
Gabriele Maruca
Alberto Ibañez
David Jaques
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Wilks
Jacob Fredriksson
Pascal Mikula
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Empty
PostSubject: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 9:08

https://steamcommunity.com/games/431600/announcements/detail/1590256141295359506

Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Donington Park & Snetterton Available!
The final update to Automobilista is out, and with it the last DLCs featuring two popular British tracks as Donington Park and Snetterton are also available both as standalone items as well as a part of the AMS Season Pass!

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:

• Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
  • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series

GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

(Honestly, I'd have loved if they added this little gimmick called Anti-Stall-System to the modern F1 cars. Pretty sure that'd been sick as hell!)
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net Online
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 9:45

Neat.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 13:01

Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects

VERY important!
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 13:05

Richard Wilks wrote:
Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects

VERY important!

I'm not even totally sure what that means lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 14:51

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Richard Wilks wrote:

VERY important!

I'm not even totally sure what that means lol!
If I translate that technical stuff into real world talk, I think they mean that you won't be disconnected during longer races due to inactivity (such as not using the keyboard because you have a fuel-load of 1,5 hrs, meaning you may get disco'd after 1hr10min because you haven't made an "active" input.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 15:23

this all sounds very positive. fingers crossed on the "fixed sound artifacts", maybe an improvement with the multiplayer "skip". the g29/920 support on the main thread is really big for anyone with that hardware!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 15:33

Good overall but no fix for the fuel use bug when increasing boost? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 17:05

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

There's a lot of stuff I've seen on forums by Reiza staff promised for a next update that are missing in here, to be honest. The fuel bug, the anti-stall mechanics, stuff like that...
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 18:04

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

There's a lot of stuff I've seen on forums by Reiza staff promised for a next update that are missing in here, to be honest. The fuel bug, the anti-stall mechanics, stuff like that...

Ah, classic Niels move: "I'll fix it next patch!" and never gets fixed.
We're still waiting for TREX here, mate Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 23:01

anyone else having any wheel issues? it seems after update the autoset rotation isn't working and force feedback settings all different (g25). validating files (since it was mentioned in the update) and fingers crossed. hesitant to reconfigure, must be something simple.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 23:22

David Jaques wrote:
anyone else having any wheel issues?  it seems after update the autoset rotation isn't working and force feedback settings all different (g25).  validating files (since it was mentioned in the update) and fingers crossed.  hesitant to reconfigure, must be something simple.

I had a little issue with my g27 FFB in the Dale Coyne CART88 car earlier today, but a simple hit on "Reset FFB" did the trick for me.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 2:03

Pascal Mikula wrote:
David Jaques wrote:
anyone else having any wheel issues?  it seems after update the autoset rotation isn't working and force feedback settings all different (g25).  validating files (since it was mentioned in the update) and fingers crossed.  hesitant to reconfigure, must be something simple.

I had a little issue with my g27 FFB in the Dale Coyne CART88 car earlier today, but a simple hit on "Reset FFB" did the trick for me.

thanks but i tried that, its as if the auto set rotation stopped working, don't feel the "stops" on the rotation. at least for now i can just set it to off, 400 for the cart88 mod and all seems to be back to how it was.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 10:20

"Fixed occasional audio artifacts"

I hope my ears can have fun now, too
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 11:56

David Jaques wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:
David Jaques wrote:

thanks but i tried that, its as if the auto set rotation stopped working, don't feel the "stops" on the rotation.  at least for now i can just set it to off, 400 for the cart88 mod and all seems to be back to how it was.

I now know what you mean DJ, however the auto-rotation does work. It's just the FFB that's completely fucked up. As if the centering force of the wheel just went off the charts. So yeah..

The only solution I found was through RaceDepartment. ALT-TAB out of the game and then ALT-TAB back in. That seems to be the only way to get your FFB back on track.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 17:54

My g27 is locked at 180 degrees auto rotation not working and if I set it to off still no joy.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 17:57

Try loading the G29 preset, and adjusting the wheel rotation outside of the game.
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 18:11

Still no joy I'm afraid Richard
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 18:12

Raymond Riddall wrote:
My g27 is locked at 180 degrees auto rotation not working and if I set it to off still no joy.

im in the same position, this update has messed something up for older G wheels even if it fixed it for the g29s. so far all that has "worked" consistently, like pascal said, is getting into the car and alt-tab out and back in then the rotation and force is set right (put auto rotation back on, and any other settings). i haven't tried wilks' g29 preset select

big issue is reset forcefeedback button will put it back to how it was when you first got in, and need another alt-tab to get the rotation back. fingers crossed for the race
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 1:51

if the alt-tab doesn't work, another option is to edit logitech profiler, uncheck "allow game to adjust settings", set wheel rotation degrees based on what car you want to drive, and in AMS turn auto steering rotation to off, and set the same number of degrees there. i think this worked for ray
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 7:33

Richard Wilks wrote:

VERY important!

there was a solution before, you could whisper messages to yourself during a race (bind a key that you used often). I had disconnections at every race before, but its good that they do something with an update.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 8:16

Little Al had two discos yesterday, one during a qualy run and another while sitting in the pits during his stop for repairs. He never had suffered that before. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ramon Llupart
Rookie
Ramon Llupart

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 14:55

Same problem as all G27 users, FFB isn't working, LEDs gone, sometimes even the game crashes...

The update is not useful until Reiza solve that problems, particularly the G27 related ones. Suspect

Last edited by Ramon Llupart on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 22:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 14:59

Have Reiza said that they are going to solve the G27 issues?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 15:06

Does anybody know if it is possible to uninstall the latest update from AMS? It would be useful both to compare and see if it has really broken some things and in case of need, to run our races in peace until they fix it. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 15:09

Only option is the install the beta and roll back I believe. There may be an option within steam though (There is for rF2) but it may cause compatibility issues online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!   Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automobilista Update 1.5.24 OUT NOW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next