Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]

Go down 
+25
Jan Kowalski
Jonatan Acerclinth
Axel Putra
Brian Janik
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Dave Miller
Alberto Ibañez
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Anders Nilsson
Thiago Canola
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Jason White
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Richard Wilks
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Bruno Chacon
David Jundt
Richard Coxon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:57

Apologies to Richard.W. I span and ended up in the worst part of the track. Tried my hardest to get out of the way quickly but wasn’t good enough Sad

Sorry again

Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 21:12

No problem David, yes there was a lot of concertinaing going on .I just didn't expect to get two rear punchers , couldn't move the car.

My g27 was locked at 180 degrees after ams update , Big thankyou to Mr Jaques for finding a solution , but its not 100% something doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 21:44

David Sabre wrote:

Does AMS now have a problem G27 wheels ? Mine did not feel correct, I also just put my hand on top of the plastic and its very hot.
: .

Quite a few reports of this now, seems some are affected, others not. :hum:

David Jaques posted some ideas to solve it in the paddock, maybe give them a try.
Back to top Go down
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 22:09

Made a silly mistake tapped the wall, lost rearwing and some susp damage . Got back to pits and 171 sec off repair and forgot to mapp buttons for engine shut off pale . Brought out the beer and had a barbeque in pits But up to that point i had a blast
Great fun to be back racing here at HSO again Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 22:30

Except for the last laps, where I binned the car while toggling the fuel menu, I am very happy to post this top 10 result.  I avoided three, maybe four accidents that happened right in front of me.  Wanted to challenge Bruno for 8th, but my fuel strategy proved to be wrong, and I had to let him go.  But after my abysmal performance last time out, this really helps me to move on Smile Thanks to everyone for organizing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 22:34

Thanks for the excellent race. Despite DNF I'm very happy to be at T10 cheers
Couldn't find any pace on Qualy, so turned defensive mode on- set the car as best as I could to save the tyres, put the max fuel in and hit the track  :conduit: I bet that my full-fuel-car laptimes were better than anything I got on Q  lol!

The pit stop strategy, boost settings and properly setting of the car is still a lot of research for me  study
To my surprise the more I drove the more time I've found for shifting, braking and so on, while my first impression was that it's like sitting on a rocket and just avoiding the walls  affraid

Finish of the race was so exciting to watch- Thiago flying, spinning and making it to P2 was masterful  Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 3108518133

Hope to find free seat for Mid Ohio race- one of the most difficult tracks IMO.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 23:50

What a race!
Honestly, I do not like tracks like this, walls very close and I preferred a very conservative strategy and drove the car to the end without any damage.
My goal was to reach Jason White, even though I knew he was faster than me and the only way to achieve that was with a good pit strategy.
Take care not to damage the fastest cars during overtaking without causing problems for other drivers. In the end, eighth place was my best place of the season and I'm very happy.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 23:57

Well done Bruno :top: , you got it correct, I got it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 23:59

David Sabre wrote:
Well done Bruno  :top: , you got it correct, I got it wrong.

Thanks Mr. Sabre!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 0:02

Bruno Chacon wrote:
My goal was to reach Jason White, even though I knew he was faster than me and the only way to achieve that was with a good pit strategy.

You pitted at exactly the right time Smile  I thought the Judd fuel economy would make the difference for me, but no dice.  
Good battle near the end!  :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 0:12

Jason White wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

You pitted at exactly the right time Smile  I thought the Judd fuel economy would make the difference for me, but no dice.  
Good battle near the end!  :top:

It was a clean battle for both of us. Very good to run with you!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 11:13

Race results are up and the points have been updated.  :flag:

Just 7 points between the top 2  :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 11:21

If anyone hasn't been able to find the broadcast on the YouTube page it has been processed and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2cCirJNqI&t=4s

I hope you all will enjoy the show and that you all enjoyed racing last night. It was a tough one but a great one to watch in the booth :clap: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Sep 2019 - 14:58

Evil or Very Mad Par for the course for my weekend of racing crashing.

Not much to say...was pleased with quali, was pleased with the car, had it handling rather nicely and it was fast enough to give me some confidence in a decent finishing possibility.

Was not to be though, the idiot at the helm decided to go deep into the final sequence of corners. For what reason? I've no clue. Just overshot it. :doh:

Tire wall is mean, ripped a front clean off my car...race over, weekend done. :smil20:

On the bright side, broadcast was fun to watch...thanks to the crew, as always Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep 2019 - 15:57

It was a great race, very very fun!!

Had a good qualifying, the team provided a good setup to me and the car was flying. Didn't take long to put the 38.7 and after that I kept watching to see what the other competitors were doing on track.

The start was clean, kept a steady pace keeping Jaques behind. After the pit stop he overtook me in T2, very nicely done. I kept following him and having fun trying to recover the position. Finally after couple of laps battling I got the position back in T3 but I lost it again when I lost momentum in last turn trying to lap a car.

I got boxed behind Wilks in a restart in lap 109 and Jundt was better positioned to get the 2nd position. I knew I was much faster and consistent so I tried to get the position back to close the gap to Jaques. Just 40 laps to go and not many cars on track a yellow couldn't not happen again so I didn't want to let Jaques open a big gap in front.

I had a good chance in the last chicane my car was in front and I was going for the apex with enough speed to keep my car in the inside and leave the outside to Jundt but it didn't worked as I had planned.

My car was badly damaged, car oversteering, the steering wheel wasn't aligned anymore also. Had to pit to fix the car during the yellow but it didn't fix the steering issue. I never give up, so I kept trying to catch Jundt to make a clean overtake. Got a very good speed after last turn and I was going for the overtake in T2 but I was pushed to the catch fence. Got one more yellow spot in the left rear but could still manage the oversteer somehow. Finally got a good exit again in last turn and positioned my car for the cutback in T2, worked just as planned in T3.

At this point Jaques was more than 4 seconds ahead. So I had to increase the pace and with the help of some cars I closed the gap and had a chance to get the first place in the last chicane. This time it didn't work again but it was my fault, no chance to blame Jaques for my spin. I went to deep in the braking and didn't leave him enough space.

This race was very very fun, very happy to be able to finish it after all.
Congratulations to Jaques, well deserved victory!

Championship is very close only 7 points!

Let's see what happens in Mid Ohio.

Thanks Jonathan and Alberto for the broadcast!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep 2019 - 20:14

One crazy moment when I was confused by Blue flags and spent too much time looking in the mirrors, lost track of braking point and had to aim for a gap at hairpin to avoid ruining anyone's race. affraid
Lucky!!!
Otherwise uneventful race!

Equal parts disapointed for, and impressed by R. Wilks!
Couldnt quite keep up with him before his race got wrecked by a bad luck moment.
Never gave up, soldiered on for a solid finish after many would have ESC'd

All points scorers :champ:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep 2019 - 21:04

Thanks Brian, impressed by you representing March nicely Smile For me, it helped that driving was so much fun around here :clap:
Back to top Go down
Scott Berge
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 5:04

I want to say thank you for creating this track. My first ever CART race was in 1988 when I was 10 and it was at this track. For years I always wanted to race on the track in some form. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Dad and I sat on the back stretch in the general admission area on the grass. Saw Mario put put on by with lil Al taking the lead for the win. My only problem when I try to load the track in Rfactor I'm getting the G Motor 2 error cloudsdefault.mas can't be located. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 7:36

Scott Berge wrote:
I want to say thank you for creating this track. My first ever CART race was in 1988 when I was 10 and it was at this track. For years I always wanted to race on the track in some form. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Dad and I sat on the back stretch in the general admission area on the grass. Saw Mario put put on by with lil Al taking the lead for the win. My only problem when I try to load the track in Rfactor I'm getting the G Motor 2 error cloudsdefault.mas can't be located. Any ideas?

That's because the track was made for Automobilista only Wink
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2019 - 8:06

Scott Berge wrote:

If you want the track for rfactor I can upload a version of it for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Sep 2019 - 16:55

sorry for the Yellow flag on lap 96 or 97 that i cause by my crash.
it was due to a pop up window that make me a slow down FPS / LAG in game.
you can see it in the live broadcast
the car is through the wall before the crash and the car get destroyed.
really sorry

i was OK at 2/3 of the race.

i was aiming to finish the race in the back of the pack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3