Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***

Go down 
+7
Jason White
Jonatan Acerclinth
Grant Riddall
David Sabre
Richard Wilks
Pascal Mikula
Richard Coxon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

*** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 0:05

Richard Coxon wrote:
Regarding the grip at the rear, it's definitely setup and driving style. I was able to use the softs with plenty of grip.
I noticed you used 2nd a lot in the Ferrari, I found it better to use 3rd instead, I never once engaged 2nd gear. I was running the default ratios too.

The arms, I think that is how it is supposed to work, you can either have the ones that stick to the wheel and rotate with it, or just the ones that stay static and the wheel slides through them.

Thanks, we shall look into the other issues you mentioned

In the rFactor mod, the arms disappeared completely with the "No arms" installed. However, I noticed the arms kept moving with the wheel even with the upgrade installed. I mean, I can't throw much of a fit anyway since I can simply turn off the steering wheel in the graphics options because I don't see it anyway due to the way I've set my driving position up.

Also, edited the bullet point post again with something concerning the arms.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 1:17

The Benetton B191 has a small issue with the barge board areas at medium detail (see the dark grey patches below).
Once the car is close enough to the trackside camera for high detail, the issue goes away.

*** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 V2UKcX
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 16:07

All upgrade issues should be fixed now. No arms and qualifying tires should be available for selection now.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:15

Richard Coxon wrote:
All upgrade issues should be fixed now. No arms and qualifying tires should be available for selection now.
Yup, the arms are gone and the qualy tyres show up.
Keep in mind the upgrade issue with the seat position in (at least) the Ferrari and Leyton House. That seems to be an issue on some cars only. 
Edited my bullet point post as well, removing three entries which are resolved.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:17

Yeah, we will look into that one still, i doubted that one would get solved with the changes i made to the server.

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:37

Richard Coxon wrote:
Yeah, we will look into that one still, i doubted that one would get solved with the changes i made to the server.

Actually I think the view position upgrade works on the Ferrari, I think? I'm sure it does, so scratch the Ferrari from the list, lol
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 1:21

This mod is bad ass. :cowboy: I never got to try the Rfactor version so I'm happy you guys made a conversion :clap:..

I haven't found any bugs yet I'm just running Super Softs seeing what times I can turn in each of the cars it's really fun.....:flag: :flag:

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 9:24

I hope you've been keeping a note of times Austin. :hihi:

If you have, any chance you can PM them to me? If not, no Biggie :top:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 13:00

It's all on live Racers Richard. Top 50 by class shows the car and best times for that vehicle, but if you need I can send them.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 15:25

Ah okay, last time I checked it wasn’t working. Thanks :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 21:26

So I just found the option for choosing..the engine of the Ferrari 642 for Round 3?

I mean, I guess the 291.1 engine has more torque and the 291.2 has more peak HP? But..does choosing the engine really make much sense in that way, and is that going to be an option for all races for some cars or did I miss something? 
It wasn't an option the last time I booted up to test...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 21:31

Pascal Mikula wrote:
So I just found the option for choosing..the engine of the Ferrari 642 for Round 3?

I mean, I guess the 291.1 engine has more torque and the 291.2 has more peak HP? But..does choosing the engine really make much sense in that way, and is that going to be an option for all races for some cars or did I miss something? 
It wasn't an option the last time I booted up to test...

You missed it, it has always been there, even in the rF1 days. Only Ferrari had this for the 642, they gave the drivers the choice of which engine they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Aug 2019 - 23:05

Just for the record all those times are with the default setup. Only steering rotation change. :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:14

Austin Johnson wrote:
Just for the record all those times are with the default setup. Only steering rotation change. :top:

Default fuel? 110L that is. If so, you’re getting a Coloni and think yourself lucky Razz
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:18

Richard Coxon wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Default fuel? 110L that is. If so, you’re getting a Coloni and think yourself lucky Razz

:rigol: :doh: no 7 Gal Sorry lol forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:22

I’ll let you off. You can have a Fondmetal now :top: Laughing
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:55

What about a black #3 Honda......*** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 3108518133  drunken  :cowboy: Twisted Evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Aug 2019 - 17:49

Richard Coxon wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Oy, don't hand the Coloni out like that, I want it as well (if the cars are anywhere near how they drove in rF1) :bangry:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 20:25

The Ferrari 642 you dont have to lift to shift. Is this how it was meant to be?

Also when you go into the pits, It takes away fuel out of your car like literally. I go in with 7 gal and come out with 0.5 .

There is no option to select fuel load.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 20:27

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Oy, don't hand the Coloni out like that, I want it as well (if the cars are anywhere near how they drove in rF1) :bangry:

You like that car? Its terribly slow. I think my Mazdas 1.3 liter is faster :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 20:49

The Ferrari has a semi auto shifter. Only other car like that is the Williams.

Refuelling was banned in 91, hence there is no option. You can only top up in the garage like the real teams.

Regarding the mod taking fuel out, that sounds like something in your player file. There is an option that changes between how much to add and how much to have in the tank after the stop. ( I'm sorry I can't remember the exact line) but check that and see what it says.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 22:43

I want you all to read this and understand!

how are you all, hope you all have a good holiday

Seems you guys push it trough instead of waiting for us to finish our rf version
even hope to work together like in the old days, well life changed alot in the past 10years
You guys know how important 91he is to Duke and me ! in my holiday, Beau France I met people who still love it and made such a close friendship to people en for private life forever who shared the same passion, 1991! and not only 91 :D

If you guys had communicated this all openly to me it would have been more easygoing.

Just like my first furious 1st letter i wrote earlier this year to the admins and replied by Alberto HSO decided to go for 91 I wrote; this cannot be done in 1 year or by just trowing in the rf1 physics into the AMS machine and voila A new AMS mod for HSO will do not any justice to the mod we making for over 12years! , because 91he is pure designed and still is in development for rfactor only
Imagine and then you might understand how we feel, we grab your 73usac mod and enhanced it and make it better in graphics and physics which we can and then throw it on the internet.. Exactly that's how!

To make this in just a few month and Alberto replied; HSO make there own physics but again it seems NOT
Again im fooled, first the conversion of my Monaco91 track without permission (WHICH IM NOT ALLOW TO USE NEXT YEAR!) I made then the physics but now it ends!
You guys going for 91 with v1.0 rfactor physics and by adding just a new enhanced tires by Richard/??
to give it a HSO touch, well good luck and go ahead

I explain because to make this combo work properly you need complete revision of ALL cars in aerodynamics and suspension and wings to make them work properly because the cars are made in v1.0 are basicly a easy mode to drive them because f1sr back in the day could not handle the advanced physics Duke applied back then but today we testing them with the new tires in full accuracy.
simply said the 91v 1.0 cars don't generate enough mechanical downforce to handle realistic tires.
If you build this mod on only youtube archives and some books i tell you its only the the tip of the icemountain and "thinking how it should be" , well think again!
data we have is not online and not even published but handed/photographed from by real team engineers and track workers from the tracks who were actualy there! it our Sangrial and we don't give that away!

Question;
Who and why came up the idea to make tires WE are doing
and why not from the beginning of AMS 71 mod season because this is how tires should made for every mod!
if they blow up after 3 laps i read then it's ridiculous!

Also the 91mod and tires rely on tracks and grip levels! and ofcourse you Admins study that you should know for example that Imola was a low grip level track... or didn't you...
Facts not estimations!

From now on I don't allow any of my 91work to go to AMS or any other platform for a simple reason , my work that is still not finished, and Dukes and Brains so I don't put it on the internet because there are several wolfs who grab it and sell it as a conversion to Asetto corsa and other platforms, we could speed this up with an alliance of yours if you admins were not that stubbornly to drop dead rfactor! but the joke is every new sim you like rely on rfactor!

I want you guys for once LISTEN to me for the tracks you going to use and this will help, and thats how it suppose to be working together which we still can!

I asked David Sabre a while ago to convert me the rf2 88carrera tracks remember? Thanks mate!
because they have the accurate curbs and im going to use them for the rfactor trackpack
Use them and make them ready for AMS, this way if Brain Janik does the cameras they can be shared for rf / AMS so he doesn't have to do twice the work so in the future we have a full trackpack with BBC realistic cams and AI!
thats all I'm asking

for Phoenix, Brazil, Silverstone, Magny cours, Barcelona , you guys have to find yourself a solution

best of luck all and Vivre la Vie!

yours François Remmen
FDsign
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 10:29

François, you are clearly talking about stuff you don't know, i didnt change only the tires... i changed a LOT more than that. Just because the setup page looks the same, it doesn't mean the car physics are the same.

The cars drive a lot different just like people have spoken already. And about the rest of the stuff i did, i am sorry, you don't tell me how to do physics, just like i don't tell you how to do tracks.

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Aug 2019 - 12:51

Do you know what comes closest to HSO?
The always seeks to reproduce historical events as faithfully as possible. An immeasurable effort from people who do not always relate well, but who support themselves in different areas in search of the best.
I believe that in HSO there is something magical, extremely detailed, doing the best in modeling, physics, clues and above all, fantastic management of all these features.
I attended F1-91 for RF1 in 2017 and I am testing this new mod for AMS.
I remember the Australian GP under a lot of rain, the mod RF1 caused me a breakdown, I did the last 5 laps practically without brakes.
I marveled at this mod level of sophistication.
I am testing some cars (Ferrari, McLaren, Benetton, Dallara and Minardi).
I felt the differences between the cars and what I can say is that I liked it a lot. Noticeable is the brutality of the McLaren, the driving fluidity of Ferrari, the agility and balance of Benetton, the "near" of Minardi and the excellent balance of Dallara.
Sorry for expressing myself so simply in such a technical environment.
What I can also say is that your work is unique.
Congratulations to everyone at both RF1 and AMS.
I am very proud to be part of the HSO universe.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Aug 2019 - 16:28

Just letting you guys know that the server has been changed to Montreal, we will also be using the round 5 car filter too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***   *** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test *** - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*** F1 1991 AMS Beta Test ***
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next