Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]

Go down 
+35
Matias Estrela
Jason White
Mattos Maul
Brian Janik
Mick Chapman
Oyvind Andersen
Lewis Stephens
Petr Hlavac
Gerardo Magnano
Gilles Lalonde
Bruno Chacon
Michael Griffiths
Jason Whited
Jason Fitch
Philippe Martinelli
Adam Hackman
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Grant Riddall
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Jan Kowalski
Peter Blom
Dave Miller
Greg DellaCella
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Iquino
Honza Mild
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Karel Marciniszyn
Thiago Canola
Austin Johnson
David Jundt
David Sabre
Richard Coxon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2019 - 22:22

Sorry @Steve I was a bit too ambitious into turn 1 and thought there was room. Neutral

Not a really good event for me. In race 1 I was into the points, made a mistake and got humped from behind and chrashed out when I was overtaken.
2nd race I totally blew it! I was having fun behind Ray Riddal's faster car but I made a steering mistake at the hairpin and almost collected Ray there. After that I was pretty much stuck in the gravel and lost a lot of time. Had a bit of a hairy moment with the lapped Jonatan, I overtook him on the right but suddenly he came to the right as well and we touched..what happened there Jona? :rigol: Came home 12th eventually.

A real shame! I made too many mistakes but was fast enough for a few points :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2019 - 22:24

Big sorry to Peter, the first one I ended up on the grass and for the second one I dind't have virtual mirrors and I had my own steering wheel in the mirrors so couldn't see which side you chose so tried to get off the usual racing line, really sorry mate.

Also a big sorry to whoever hit me, span on the entry of Old Hall and tried to save it, ended up on the exit and didn't get it into gear and moving in time Sad
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul 2019 - 22:35

A big sorry to Juha, if I had not moved from that spin you would have got through.

Race 2 .It was fun while it lasted Peter. Then just held station behind Jacob.

Well done to the podium.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 9:52

Great racing last night guys.

Austin, I was determined to catch you in race 2 but you seemed to of shifted into another gear half way through and couldn’t match it :drink:

Well done David for another 1-2. Perfect start to the championship and very impressive Smile
Great broadcast Jason :top:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 10:53

Some good battles along the way but my car seemed to lacking straight line speed scratch , I dropped the wing to 2 for the second race but it was still very slow on the straights.

Congrats to the podiums and a great job by David Jundt. :hello:

Thanks for the broadcast. :top:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 13:23

Well, i cant say much about my own race. All I can do is apologize to anyone I have caused trouble for. I sort of screwed myself from the start but clocking in a whole 16 laps of practice and then taking a nap and oversleeping the first race. So I was sort of doomed from the start, but I must admit that these cars are a whole lot of fun to drive! Amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 13:32

A good night of racing for me.

In the first race, I had an epic battle with Iquino that lasted the entire race. We passed and repassed each other several times, and what settled it in my favour was when a lapped car baulked his momentum in the hairpin, I managed to make it 3-wide, just slightly bumped the lapped car (Karel? Sorry about that!), and got through. Before that I had passed him on the outside on top of the hill after Knickerbrook with two tyres on the grass, was very stoked about that. In all, a very promising drive by Little Al. :top:

Second race, not a lot happened. Had a battle with Raymond and a blue car in the beginning, but managed to build a gap after a few laps. The last 15 laps at least was just about managing pace.

Still, a good night of racing. See you all in September!
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 13:52

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
A good night of racing for me.

In the first race, I had an epic battle with Iquino that lasted the entire race. We passed and repassed each other several times, and what settled it in my favour was when a lapped car baulked his momentum in the hairpin, I managed to make it 3-wide, just slightly bumped the lapped car (Karel? Sorry about that!), and got through. Before that I had passed him on the outside on top of the hill after Knickerbrook with two tyres on the grass, was very stoked about that. In all, a very promising drive by Little Al. :top:

Second race, not a lot happened. Had a battle with Raymond and a blue car in the beginning, but managed to build a gap after a few laps. The last 15 laps at least was just about managing pace.

Still, a good night of racing. See you all in September!

No problem!!! Wink
I was surprised a bit and I asked my conscience if I made enough room but I come to consclusion that there was no inch left on the tarmac :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 14:13

Very fun track, one of the best in my opinion.
It proved to be almost impossible to match Alpine speed when it is driven by a talented driver as Jundt. It was fun while I had the slipstream but I couldn't actually race him.

Hey Jundt, come and join the Holbay squad!!! :yaa: :yaa: :yaa:
It will make the championship a little more challenging!! lol!

Anyway, this cars are fun to drive. Every turn felt the last of my life!!!!

Congratulations to Jundt, Grant and Austin!

Looking forward for the next one.:conduit:

Thanks Jason for the great broadcast!!!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 14:57

Raymond Riddall wrote:
A big sorry to Juha, if I had not moved from that spin you would have got through.

Thanks Ray. I felt slightly miffed after that coming together. :rigol:

My race had already gone downhill before that. I qualified well by my standards, 5th, and started way better than Grant with his long 1st gear, but I couldn't keep up with David, Thiago and Austin. It took me until the end of race 2 to realise my line through Knickerbrook was the issue. Instead I tried too hard into Druids and spun off. Luckily I didn't suffer any damage but dropped back to 7th or 8th before Ray rolled into my path and ended my points race.

I started 5th again in race 2. Grant passed me immediately and the remaining 19 laps were uneventful on my way to 6th. The leaders were just a bit too fast and Jacob never got close enough to challenge me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 18:17

Thiago Canola wrote:
Very fun track, one of the best in my opinion.
It proved to be almost impossible to match Alpine speed when it is driven by a talented driver as Jundt. It was fun while I had the slipstream but I couldn't actually race him.

You call that not being able to race me? :D I can say the same thing for other series(I can't beat "Johnny Aces" or Ace-rclinth in a Volvo for example, just like Blommeister the superior FWD drivers), guess now I am on the other side of the fence :hihi:

One mistake and you'd have been through! The Alpine felt sluggish with a race tank, getting away wasn't happening. Actually, I don't think the top speed was the key here as my 5th gear seemed too early and end with too little top speed. I think the exits from some turns saved me more than the speed on the straights as I still had to defend after all.

Sub-par gearing shone through at Knickerbrook. Each time I shifted from 5th to 4th, I had to shift back up the hill, which killed my momentum a little.

At least twice, you nearly had me that way if the track had been wider.

If it wasn't for Austin passing you(then going off) in R1 and the backmarker holding you up in R2, you'd have been pressuring me non-stop for both races. I think I got lucky there since I felt like you had the consistency to get me, I started to snuck some mistakes in during both races which brought the gap back down again.

Was a great battle though, I was concentrating hard when you were chasing me! Austin was quick aswell, just a bit unlucky with that off in R1.

I guess it looked dominant from the outside, but I tell you, it's no way near easy. Cars are nimble, but hit a kerb wrong or try to throw the car too much into the turn and you'll pay.

After all, I raced as fast as I could, who knows what happen come September.

Thanks by the way guys, it was a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 18:38

Good fun, thanks everyone, broadcasters too!

One point from first race! Second race.......apologies to Gerard Ryon......I thought you were heading right, but you weren't. I was going quicker, so I had to take to the grass to avoid you and when I came back onto the grey stuff you were there. Sorry. ;( Totally my fault. Horrible of me to trash your race.

Back to top Go down
Gilles Lalonde
Rookie
Gilles Lalonde

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2017-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 19:52

@Jonatan Acerclinth
"my own steering wheel in the mirrors" : in your PLR, line 226, switch "Self In Cockpit Rearview" to zero or one
Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible  (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel

@Mattos Maul
Both the folder name and the PLR file name must have the same name and both of those should have a space in them.

---

I don't know... realism is nice but sim racing ain't real life. We see, most of us, our sim world through a fixed port hole of a few dozen inch in width.

Contacts are bound to happen so, for the sake of having fun, as a reward to getting it back to the pits, the car should be all repaired. Presently, this mod is set to only repair the bodywork. If you get tag at the start, going around and stopping for repair is useless.

Both of my race were run with damage early on... I now know that the only thing to do here is to abandon ASAP.

LNF3_Vega.HDV
Damage=1 // Number of options to fix damage (0=none, 1=bodywork, 2=bodywork+suspension)

P. -S. Like he said, it wasn't my day!
Back to top Go down
https://cmsracing.com/champion/forums/member.php?5759-Gilles-Lal
Luis Almeida
Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2019-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2019 - 22:00

I beg your pardon, should have told before. Injured my back on Saturday and wa in pain, took a ben-U-ron 1g (a pain killer) and laid in bed to rest and fell asleep, that's why I missed the race.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2019 - 12:16

I had my best battle ever with Jacob in the first one. I locked the brakes behind Ray and I flipped in one turn and costed me 3 positions. I'm very sorry about the last lap with Brian. I don't know what exactly happened to me. I guess I lost concentration. Then Brian won my position.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2019 - 4:21

Alberto Iquino wrote:
I had my best battle ever with Jacob in the first one. I locked the brakes behind Ray and I flipped in one turn and costed me 3 positions. I'm very sorry about the last lap with Brian. I don't know what exactly happened to me. I guess I lost concentration. Then Brian won my position.

All good, you were flyin, all I could do was will you into having a mistake. :antoine:
But was disappointed for you when it happened. And I know better than to go to the outside in that situation. But I got burned going to the inside when Parker lost it in race 1, and looked like your car was headed that way too.
Oh well, based on my sloppy driving on this day, sticking with 1/1 wing probably wasn't the best choice. and after having a massive spin in both races I can be relieved to finish at all.
Thanks HSO and all competitors for good race, and broadcast.

Congrats D Jundt :top:
4 down, 7 to go!
Pressure is building?
Has there ever been a perfect season at HSO?
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul 2019 - 21:33

Brian Janik wrote:
sticking with 1/1 wing probably wasn't the best choice

But that's surely (part of) what made it hard for me to get to you? [And my crashing lol]

I was on 2 wing.

Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jul 2019 - 7:32

so...brief report. How to start? :D

That car is total crap :D :D  but I love it. Great fun to drive, the only moments I am shouting all around are when I cannot upshift lol!

I have to say that there were that much events during the races that I mostly cannot even rememeber what happend at race 1 or race 2.
From race 1 I remember that I cause issues to Mick and I am very sorry for that. It was one of these "miss-shifts" and I simply cannot find the gear and did not focus on rearview mirrors, so I probably run into your trajectory. I hope I did not ruin the race for you Sad

My feeling during the race two (only feeling because I did not find out how to show my lap times during the race) was much better pace, but after stupid mistake I get third track limit violation and drive throu. As it was before the end of the race it happens that I was lapped and run over the finish line in pits :D

Even there is no chance for a good result with my crapwagon (if i tried I am immediately 2.5sec faster with Alpine without setup...) I am looking forward to next races and I am sure it will be great fun :conduit: :conduit:

Thanks for such nic championship, this was something I was waiting for...small open wheelers!
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]   Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rounds 3 & 4 - Oulton Park [July 14th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3