Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 12 - Donington

Go down 
+19
Jan Prusa
David Jundt
Dave Miller
Mick Chapman
Thiago Canola
Matias Estrela
Mattos Maul
Michael Griffiths
Lewis Stephens
Honza Mild
Matthias Weber
Brian Janik
Oyvind Andersen
Grant Riddall
Peter Blom
Richard Wilks
Juha Bos
Jason White
Jonatan Acerclinth
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 21:05

Dave Miller wrote:
I don't want to win the Independents Cup by default because real life happened to my opponent.

So if Juha can't make Wednesday, can I run the #45 Audi for this race only?
If you want to take a one-off drive in the Audi then you're free to do so but you will unfortunately lose your full-time drive if you chose to do so.
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 21:25

Ok will have to have a think about it
Back to top Go down
Jan Prusa
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2018-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 7:10

Honda #25 please
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 8:10

Good luck with it. :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 8:55

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 19:23

Right, I don't really want to risk losing the drive in the mighty Chavailier, so I suppose I'll just have to declare myself as absent for Wednesday and look forward to a final showdown for the Independents cup next week.

I might have a look into the possibility of broadcasting or streaming it on the Youtube instead.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 1:22

I think I'll still ask: If I vacate my full-season drive with Renault, would I be allowed to race the Audi here for a one-off?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 5:30

Yes you would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 9:40

Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 10:15

David Jundt wrote:
I think I'll still ask: If I vacate my full-season drive with Renault, would I be allowed to race the Audi here for a one-off?

And why would you want to race the audi if you are assigned to the Renault for the season?
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 13:53

Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 18:20

Richard Wilks wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

And why would you want to race the audi if you are assigned to the Renault for the season?

Perhaps Audi pays him more money lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 18:23

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:24

Richard Wilks wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

Why the need to question everything?

Hmm... maybe just for fun?

I mean, I am not really racing for a championship, you and others are in a battle. I was out anyway when I felt ill at Thruxton, and I can't quite follow the pace you guys have in FWD cars I admit freely :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:45

Because the spirit of the rules here in HSO dictate that you take part in a championship, in the role of the driver you picked in the beginning.

We give enough time for people to test cars before the seasons start, and we have rules in place to prevent car hoping, for "fun", or like in many other cases are, for competitive gains, or "glory hunting".

I am not the admin of this series, and therefore i don't dictate the rules, and technically you or others are not breaking them when they do this, but rest assured that we are going to start clamping down even more on car swaps, or people who abandon championships in the middle, for competitive reasons alone.

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 18:57

The Server has now been set for tonights event.

Best of luck everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 20:36

Sorry just arrived at home, couldn't make it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 21:55

Well these races were not really what I expected. I could do a fast lap in qualy but in the race I had to be very carefull with my front tires. 1st race I finished 5th and 2nd race 4th. Not very very VERY bad but still not what I hoped for.

Sorry @Petr for the little nudge in the first race, my bad.

Now it all comes down in the last two races @Jonathan lol!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul 2019 - 22:03

To my calculations I have a 29 point lead going into the last round...I will sleep better now because I'm expecting the Volvo's again to be very fast there like last time Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 11:14

Wow, that start looked not so clean from some guys in the first corners. Some guys really have to cool down a bit.

Had a nice race with Honza and Michael in the Top10.
After Thruxton and the first laps in Donington i almost forgot, why i don't like this mod so much, but when my car almost flipped over again it all came back to my memories.

I've been almost a second faster in the race compared to the beginning of this championship on this track, but no chance against the guys at the front.

See you all in Brands Hatch
Back to top Go down
Michael Griffiths
Club Driver
Michael Griffiths

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2018-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 14:11

Pole was about 0.25s quicker than 1st time out at Donny.   My times were about 1-1.5s better.  So I am gaining on the field a little.  :D

I set my best times of the meeting in Q1, R1, Q2 and then R2.  

I had about the cleanest races I have had at HSO.  Qualified 8th, and spent 20 laps trying to hold on to the people in front but just couldn't keep up, let alone make any ground.   Was 100m or so behind Honza for 20 laps and just couldn't get close.  Finished 7th as Estrella crashed out.  

Race 2, qualified 10th with a faster time.   Same again, except this time behind Weber and Honza.  Maybe a mistake or two from Weber and I got closer, another little mistake and I was past.  But he recovered and he passed me on penultimate lap!  :clap:

Start of R2 was a bit dicey but otherwise everything was very clean for me.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 14:54

Well, I almost did the best I could have done (the best would have been 32 points) so I'm happy with my results yesterday. Sadly for me, 29 points are a almost impossible task to gain back but I will give a red hot go at Brands Hatch.

Practice:

Having found a little bit in the car at Thruxton (proved by a race-win there) which I implemented on the setup base I had from Brands and the car was on rails, a second quicker on Race Pace alone compared to last time we visited Donington. This made me sure that I'd at least be at the front battling for wins but didn't think it'd be as strong as it actually was.

Q1:

The first Qualifying session was quite difficult. I was a bit unsure how fast the car actually were on low fuel and my worry was correct. I were struggling with the jumpy nature of the Volvo but I were able to finally get around it by correcting a couple of lines and blasted in a 37 flat which turned out to be good enough for pole position.

R1:

Made good use of my pole position and retained the lead after the opening lap. I had been nervous before the race start and it was affecting my driving. I had a foot that was partly cramping making the braking zones hazardous work since I couldn't be sure I'd brake enough for avoid locking up.
Adding to that, Peter had a good start and were sitting on my rear bumper and looking for moves here and there.

In the end Richard put a massive move on Peter to put him back which also allowed me a bit of a gap to Richard who had to work on gapping the guys behind him.

With that clean air my driving finally came together and I could set my 37,3 to 37,5 lap times lap after lap.

While Richard was catching up it was only in smaller bits and every now and then he made mistakes at Redgate especially, which allowed me to gain a bit more time.

The biggest scare of the race came when I thought the second to last lap was the last lap meaning that I drove accordingly bringing Richard right up to my bumper come the last half of the last lap.

He made me a bit slow in the chicane, had the run and dove up the inside for the Melbourne Hairpin but thankfully for me he wasn't able to stop the car enough at the apex and I could do the cutback up alongside him going towards the last turn.
At Goddards I decided to go around the outside which worked wonders since I was able to leave him enough room but still pinch Richard onto the bumps on the very inside of the hairpin meaning I had the better run onto the straight and I could take the win by about half a car.
Cheers for making the fight fair and for keeping me honest for the whole race Richard :drink:

Q2:

The second Qualifying Session was far harder work.
I suppose the first race had taken a bit of my ability away, I was feeling a little knackered and not quite my usual self.

I still managed, in the end, to set a PB with a very low flat 37, putting me about 4 hundreds ahead of Richard and with my tires somewhat done I decided to stop lapping and just wait out the last 2 minutes and watch what Richard could do.
Richard was right on pace and on his very last lap he put it all together with an immense lap right on the ragged edge of adhetion (or however one spells that...) and with him crossing the line he was the first driver to break the 37 barrier.
But still 2nd on the grid so a good position to be in.

R2:

The second race started ok, I was a bit slow on the get-away but luckily for me, Petr was in 3rd so he nicely went around the outside and then tucked in behind me.
Sadly I then messed up badly and locked up going into the Old Hairpin (I suppose it was the slightly longer wait for the R2 start, I made sure to keep the field close and brakes hot for R1) and I went wide and rejoined a bit badly.

Luckily for me David didn't feel like going for the banzai move into McLeans and so I was able to hold onto 3rd position at least.

Spent most of the race then sitting behind Richard and Petr making mistakes at the Old Hairpin every single lap.

In the end though Petr's tires fell off more than mine and thankfully, once I had the run and the chance at the move, Petr made it easy for me to take 2nd away (thanks for not defending too hard mate :drink: ) and I spent the last 5 laps pondering if I should have gone for a bit less camber on the front to keep the tires in there for longer...

But anyway, a faultless drive from Richard saw him take a lights to flag win and I was able to take 2nd with Petr backing me up with a great P3 for the Volvo team Very Happy

So, just like Peter said earlier, it's 29 points in it for the drivers championship, a near impossible task but again, I'll give it a red hot go to do what I can and I can only hope for Peter to have a bit of bad luck.

Congrats to Peugeot on securing the Manufacturer Championship this round but the TWR Volvo team is still in with a good shot at taking the Teams Championship so I'll be looking to bring home at least one Championship next week and we'll see what happens with the Drivers Championship.

I can only say one thing to end off this report, best of luck to everyone next week and may the best driver and team win the remaining Championships that are up to grabs :top:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 15:54

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

In the end Richard put a massive move on Peter to put him back

When I was about to steer into the chicane I was pushed from behind so that's why I lost a few places.
Ah well I guess that's part of tintop racing but I would not like to win places like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington   Round 12 - Donington - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Donington
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2