Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Automobilista 2

Go down 
+12
Jacob Fredriksson
Sam Smith
Jason Fitch
Chris Stephens
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Coxon
François Remmen
Gabriel Legnini
Jason Whited
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Wilks
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 12:06

Well that's it then. Only remaining moddable platforms right now are then rFactor2 and Asetto Corsa Competizione (incoming), which will be also locked to ensure the good ole' loyal fanboys have to go for the payware contents.

The lesser of two evils is rF2 I think, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 12:14

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I mean, it's most likely just me, but rF2 is, in my opinion, too..unstable? I don't know how to properly word it, but in comparison to AMS, rF2 is, on my system, just unplayable.

But I guess your reasoning for rF2 is that it's still being developed, huh.. I'd have said keep digging within AMS to get a better understanding of things as the days go by, but then again..you guys are the experts.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 12:16

We will continue with AMS for as long as it is reasonable, but at some point we will have to start considering other options, same as it happened with rFactor. And the tendencies seem to suggest that there will be no life besides rF2.
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 12:38

Im late to the discussion which im sure has already happened but what are the issues currently with Assetto Corsa in terms of physics and modding?
Are there any improvements being made by the implementations being brought in by the Content Manager guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:26

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
and happy to take any big ass-driller without any vaseline at all lol!

Now that could be a great JP Voigt-line... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:30

Quote :
Im late to the discussion which im sure has already happened but what are the issues currently with Assetto Corsa in terms of physics and modding?

Get Wilks started on this at your very own mortal peril :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:35

Automobilsta has great physics, great graphics and lots of content (with potential for A LOT more if you convert stuff from the other gMotor games). I'm OK if we are just at the start of our Automobilista era.
Back to top Go down
Jorge Luis
Rookie
Jorge Luis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:36

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I mean, it's most likely just me, but rF2 is, in my opinion, too..unstable? I don't know how to properly word it, but in comparison to AMS, rF2 is, on my system, just unplayable.

Sorry to hear that. Rf2 plays "normally" on my system, offline and online, i have participated in two championships and several races without a problem, as well as the rest of the field. It doesn't have the feeling of being a finished product like AMS but is not the mess it was at the beginning.

There's also awesome tracks done by modders: Road Atlanta, Watkings Gleen, Bridgehampton, Riverside, Dijon, Sandevoerde/Zandvoort, Miseluk, Lester, Nogaro...

And great cars too, being Datsun 510 and F1 1986 my favourites among others.

Regarding AMS2, my feelings are divided. I really wish Reiza to succes, they deserve it, but of course i wish something similar to AMS1 in terms of modding.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:57

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

lol! Automobilista 2 - Page 2 1623587389

All other considerations aside i just need to say that AC in its current state would make it impossible for us to run the 1000 of kyalami in an equal footing for everybody online, with all the rules, pitstop rules, etc etc.

AC is good for those 20 minute races online, and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 14:10

Richard Wilks wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

lol! Automobilista 2 - Page 2 1623587389

All other considerations aside i just need to say that AC in its current state would make it impossible for us to  run the 1000 of kyalami in an equal footing for everybody online, with all the rules, pitstop rules, etc etc.

AC is good for those 20 minute races online, and thats it.

Or for trackday (bro)   lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 15:20

Oh the irony when modders at first didn't touch rF2 when it seemed unsure how easy/hard it would be to use or tools were/are missing... the way it goes it's gonna be like one of the few left to actually mod!

AMS is fine, just missing stuff like day/night cycle(has it been added yet, actually?) and weather.

I'll be looking at AMS2 for sure, but hearing it might be rather umoddable sounds sad to me, after all the chats I had with Renato(and actually bringing up HSO with BTCC 1996 for example).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 15:23

David Jundt wrote:

AMS is fine, just missing stuff like day/night cycle(has it been added yet, actually?) and weather.

lol! so you think we are going into the night in kyalami how? Of course its there, it was already in rf1 and it looks miles better and the track even cools off in AMS.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 15:26

Well, I saw someone lately dispute the kind of day/night cycle it has. Like it was... different to rF2 and iR in some way.

That actually made me confused, since I was sure it was there.

I just never got to experience it so far! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2019 - 21:45

Just to kick the already dead horse again that is AMS2..

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-2-the-big-interview-part-2.169275/

Quote :
RD: (Question from @R1Joel) – Do you plan on supporting modding within the sim?

RS: We will try to give best support for users to share their customizations such as car skins, setups and custom championships.

For car and track mods you will be able to do as much as you can with PCars2, which is probably not a lot. It definitely won´t be a dedicated modding platform. There are several reasons why that is, the most obvious being the very architecture of the Madness engine does not lend itself to it.

RD: (Question from @FS7) – Going back to mod support for a second, is there any plans for tools to convert mods from AMS1 to AMS2?

RS: No.
Back to top Go down
Jorge Luis
Rookie
Jorge Luis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 4:44

Renato on RD:

Quote :
On the modding topic.. At the risk of inviting more tomato throwing, I´d offer the following thoughts Smile

1- You seem to be under the impression we´re going out of our way to prevent modding - we aren´t. We´re not even sure people won´t find a way to add mods. More power to them if they do. It´s just not our focus to develop a modding platform, and never was.

2-  I´ll contend it´s not "modding that made us", although I´m sure it made our sims a lot more enjoyable to some people. But pretty much all AMS mods are rF1 conversions or derivative of rF1 conversions, which were so abundant precisely because of how similar AMS was to rF1. There isn´t to my knowledge any major scratch-built, exclusive AMS mod out there. Which makes your rant about how unacceptably outdated rF1 and its mods are difficult to understand.

We do have over 50 unique tracks in AMS1, ranging from small local tracks to kart tracks, to big F1-level tracks to historical tracks to dirt tracks... Most of which will make it to AMS2, and topped with more new tracks of the same variety - substantially more, in a long enough time frame.

By that I dont mean the disappointment with the unlikelihood of mods is completely unwarranted - try as we might we will almost certainly fail to include at least one of everyone´s personal favorites, most likely more. And I completely see how that´s a bit of a bummer to some.

But I do think that this may be overplayed a bit, and that some of the appeal of modding seems to be about collecting a huge number of cars and tracks, most of which you never actually experience beyond the superficial level. And there´s nothing wrong with that - but there are platforms for doing that already, and there will be others in the future. From that light, a sim that focuses on offering a large and distinct catalog of cars and tracks, all belonging to the same "world" and physics laws, all of which accessible for less than an obscene fee shouldn´t be such an unwelcome change of pace.

But your mileage may vary Smile

I don't like it any more than you do but i find that they got the right to do what they doing. And i don't find it a problem, AMS still has a lot of years of fun in it.

PD: my english is a little Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 8:24

Quote :
I do think that this may be overplayed a bit, and that some of the appeal of modding seems to be about collecting a huge number of cars and tracks, most of which you never actually experience beyond the superficial level.

Some maybe, but for most of us it's also the chance of fixing problems and inaccurancies in the physics models - not to mention accurately recreating historic seasons.

They are not locking the game, but we know from PC2 that it is locked enough to make modding a nightmare and completely useless for our purposes.

We will continue with AMS and see what the future brings.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 11:42

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-2-the-big-interview-part-2.169275/

RD: (Question from @R1Joel) – Do you plan on supporting modding within the sim? RS: We will try to give best support for users to share their customizations such as car skins, setups and custom championships. For car and track mods you will be able to do as much as you can with PCars2, which is probably not a lot. It definitely won´t be a dedicated modding platform. There are several reasons why that is, the most obvious being the very architecture of the Madness engine does not lend itself to it. That same architecture is actually important for us to protect our own content. Modding is fun, but seeing the car or track we poured our heart and soul into creating along with a considerable amount of our limited finances ported over to whatever the popular modding platform of choice is on the day, not so much. Don´t get me wrong - modding platforms are great for sim racing, we were born from the modding scene as were many others of today’s elite developers. But we´re content creators first and foremost, and we need to protect that value. Besides, dedicating resources to creating a modding platform almost inevitably detracts from making and then keeping a well-rounded, consistent product which is what we aim to do. Moreover, and because we´re content creators first and foremost, if there´s one thing we stand out on is the rate at which we can output good, consistent content at a fair enough fee. We also tend to keep a finger on the pulse of our user base so we know what most people want – if there´s enough interest in something we can try to deliver it ourselves over the shelf life of the sim. With that said, there isn´t any measure being taken to prevent modding -if people manage to find their way around it to whatever extent, then by all means mod away. wrote:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 11:45

RD: (Question from @FS7) – Going back to mod support for a second, is there any plans for tools to convert mods from AMS1 to AMS2? RS: No. wrote:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 11:51

Quote :
dedicating resources to creating a modding platform almost inevitably detracts from making and then keeping a well-rounded, consistent product which is what we aim to do

Nonesense. A modding platform allows you to focus on the core of the game's engine because you have to dedicate way less time to graphics and tracks.

Quote :
because we´re content creators first and foremost, if there´s one thing we stand out on is the rate at which we can output good, consistent content at a fair enough fee.

LMAO that's the real reason, let me translate it for you all: "We want to milk users with micro-transactions because that is what we know we can do well"

Quote :
We also tend to keep a finger on the pulse of our user base so we know what most people want – if there´s enough interest in something we can try to deliver it ourselves over the shelf life of the sim.

Which means full fields are ruled out, historic contents likely also ruled out (Getting the propietary rights is even more complicated for those), and the big community of kids and fanboys rule over the car choice. Not to mention we are stuck with whatever physics they produce, like them or not.

Quote :
With that said, there isn´t any measure being taken to prevent modding -if people manage to find their way around it to whatever extent, then by all means mod away.

Translates to: Good luck cracking the PC2 protection system and bringing contents into the game!
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Peters
Club Driver
Nicolas Peters

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 20:52

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
see what the future brings.

Sadly I think the future brings nothing for modding. Neutral
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2019 - 21:34

to counter this all crap is to build it all ourselves
silly?? NO
problem is we dont have those people, or do we?
people who create flight or boat simulators can do this
i know one :D :D quess who

Take silent Hunter V for example a u boat simulator that was full of bugs and crap when released
IT / wizkids , well very smart computer guys cracked the code and brought this game new life
for a modding scene till today

anyway we have still Historix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automobilista 2   Automobilista 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automobilista 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2