Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]

Go down 
+25
Florkin Marc
Petr Hlavac
Daniel Monteiro
Richard Wilks
Michael Griffiths
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Mick Chapman
Matias Estrela
Bruno Chacon
Richard Coxon
Oyvind Andersen
David Jundt
Dave Miller
Lukáš Vydra
Filippo Marazzi
Rob Swindells
David Jaques
Peter Blom
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Honza Mild
Jonatan Acerclinth
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 10:17

Well, Another dissapointing event for myself...

Practice for the event and I noticed that the Volvo was a bit too big for the confines of the last half of the lap.

I did what I could to get the car to where it needed to be but it just wouldn't quite play ball and while my PB lap of 9,9 would have been good for the top 3 positions in both Qualifying sessions, I couldn't re-create that nor get the car to be consistent in the last bit of the track, it would either bounce around the last few corners, rahter similarly to how clown-cars can be seen bouncing around, or be a few tenths off the pace. But I was still hoping for a couple of solid races, hopefully with top 5 finishes in both to keep myself in the Championship hunt.

Q1:

Having continued to improve the car during the afternoon I was hoping to improve my PB but that wasn't to be. For some reason, my Volvo just wouldn't quite do what I was telling it and nearly 4 tenths off my PB saw me in 5th position for the start, rather than secnod, which would've been a bit better.

R1:

The race got under way and had a slight issue getting the car going, due to wheelspin, but was able to somewhat stay with the other drivers.
Then had a run down the back straight but took it easy but was then crowded out at Bomb Hole and Coram.
So found myself in 8th I think at the end of the lap.

Tried to work my way up but initially could only try to tag along with others around me, I simply didn't quite have the pace, but with others making mistakes I could find a couple of positions to get myself up and in contention for 4th place.

I was able to put a move on Matthias when he ran a bit wide at Sears but couldn't quite get by on the Revett straight and, when I felt I hadn't quite given him enough room on the inside for the Esses, I let him back past at Bomb Hole.
Matthias again ran wide, this time at Riches, which meant I was even closer when I got the run out of Sears and could make my way past thanks to the run, more Engine Power and the slipstream, even before we began braking for the turn.

After this I tried to chase after Honza and David Jundt. I was able to catch them and could make use of a passing attempt which David made which put him in a bad position down Revett Straight and I was now beind Honza with the prospect of getting a 4th place finish at a boogey track for the Volvo.

I tried putting on a couple of moves but didn't want to risk anything and Honza was placing the car in the correct lines to protect his position.
We then came up on some lapped traffic and the driver went wide to let us by at Coram and I thought he'd stay out there but instead he decided to resume his line for Russell but because he was allready a bit slower from running wide, I couldn't do enough to avoid the rear end of his car and ended up spinning down the field to 7th which is where I finished.

Q2:

Remarkably similar to the first Qualifying session, slightly slower but the same position on the grid.

R2:

The second race was a shambles for me.

Got an ok start, bogged down but was able to hold my position and even had a chance, coming out of Riches, to have a go at Honza who had a lacking T1. I made for the move up the inside into Sears but had the strange feeling as soon as I touched the brakes that something was going to happen.
And so it did. I was first nudged by David Jundt who broke very late and up the inside came Juha who had missed his braking point and hit my right-rear panel which sent me into the air and onto my roof. If we'd been teammates it would've been a re-run of the famous Hoy-Bailey incident of 1993 :smil20:

Skidded to a stop with damage against the outside barrier and thought I was out but thankfully the car righted itself and I could get going and start to chase after the field.

What commenced was me trying to catch up to Juha who was in catching distance in 10 at that time, about 9 seconds up the road once I checked 3 laps into the race.

Was a bit forceful getting by some drivers (sorry Oyvind, among many, who I may have scared with my moves) but finally was within launching distance of the cars in front with 3 laps to go.

I was able to get by John who went for the wrong side going down Revett Straight on the final lap but both Juha and Ray was too far in front once the move was done so 8th was my reward for sticking with it and trying to get up the field.

Thanks for the racing and to all who showed up for the race. I hope you all enjoyed yourselfs!

See you all at the next round at Brands Hatch GP, hoping for some good hunting there after Round 2 earlier this year :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 10:30

So Snetterton...

Q1 was very bad, too much traffic and when i had clean track i made mistake.

R1 good start but not good T1 from me. I had very nice fight with David Jundt. Greta battle was again with Jonatan too, and i had to do my best to defend position. At the end of race was chance to catch David Jaques at the second Laguna but it was difficult and only few laps to the end. 4th place was great for me.

Q2 much much better and my PB

R2 again good start...and again bad T1 :doh:
But i was at 4th and I was watching my position, I kept speed. Then two car elimination brought me 2nd place at the finnish.

Double for Peugeot Smile

Gratz to podium, thank you HSO for great racing!

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 12:01

The chicanes with bent/turn approach at this track are real killers. It is nearly impossible to brake without losing the rear when going for them. Seeing so many free cars yesterday I did a quick practice to see if I was happy to take part, and had to quit in horror at how hard it was for me to get the car to handle through them Neutral I suspected the races later would be a carnage, seems I was partly right :D
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 15:14

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I made for the move up the inside into Sears but had the strange feeling as soon as I touched the brakes that something was going to happen.
And so it did. I was first nudged by David Jundt who broke very late and up the inside came Juha who had missed his braking point and hit my right-rear panel which sent me into the air and onto my roof. If we'd been teammates it would've been a re-run of the famous Hoy-Bailey incident of 1993  :smil20:

Yea I saw that crash on the replay yesterday evening...not very nice! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 19:41

Peter Blom wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I made for the move up the inside into Sears but had the strange feeling as soon as I touched the brakes that something was going to happen.
And so it did. I was first nudged by David Jundt who broke very late and up the inside came Juha who had missed his braking point and hit my right-rear panel which sent me into the air and onto my roof. If we'd been teammates it would've been a re-run of the famous Hoy-Bailey incident of 1993  :smil20:

Yea I saw that crash on the replay yesterday evening...not very nice! Suspect

I saw it when it happened, have to watch the replay. Also lost many positions because of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2019 - 22:39

I probably nudged Jonatan while trying to assess where&when Juha was going to brake IF he planned on braking at all. Think I realised too late what was going to happen...

Nearly ran out of fuel in R1 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2019 - 15:50

David Jundt wrote:

Nearly ran out of fuel in R1 Rolling Eyes

But even then, I couldn't beat you with my "GP2-engine" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2019 - 16:51

The results table
Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 3ut2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]   Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Snetterton [April 3rd]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3