Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+15
David Jaques
David Sabre
François Remmen
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
Raymond Riddall
Gerardo Magnano
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Wilks
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Filippo Marazzi
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Mar 2019 - 22:29

David Sabre wrote:
De Cadenet overheats after 1 lap. Grill tape 0%, rev limit 9500 rpm (the minimum).

Selecting the lower rev limit (9500) also changes the gear ratios, making them shorter.

The light on the dashboard doesn't work if it is a rev limit light.

AMS crashed when exiting the track.

keep in mind these cars are meant for endurance racing. so can't go full out. some cars are going to be able to "run harder" than others. in the case of the decadenet, its a really fast car, especially at this track compared to the other C juniors. set it up like you said, tape 0%, and min rev limit, and adjust the gears a bit longer and don't take it all the way to 9500 each shift. car has plenty of pace and temps easily in the 90s. for a longer race it will be more crucial to keep it closer to 93, but for a this short race a bit warmer should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2019 - 23:09

Good afternoon, sorry for bumping this.

Is this mod available for downloading? Or is it just reserved for backers/betatesters/long-time members? Couldn't find the link anywhere (seems like it was removed from the race thread). If it is available, I would love to test it. I love the 80s era of sportscar racing, specially the Porsche 956/962, IMO the greatest racecar ever Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Legnini
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 4:36

Well, with the HSO Gold Star event coming, I could download it and test for a few laps some cars. Very impressed with the handling of everything I tested so far, it's enough for me to say that's probably the best rendition of a Porsche 956 in the whole simracing world cheers but all the other cars I have tested so far have impressed me too.

I didn't delete anything because I thought I had no previous version of this. But after installing I realized I had the teaser 956. I hope I haven't screwed anything. The only bug I have found so far is on the 956s, some of them have the paintjob at the front completely white. Some of them even have the windscreen white too.

Watching instant replay as I exit the car, it seems to me that helmet is a bit too big maybe?

Kyalami 1000 km seems like a great choice for an endurance event, given the quality of the Reiza version, the simplicity of the track to deal with these cars and race endurance, and it's short enough to keep it populated after all spread out. 2019 is not being the year for me to dedicate to simracing, so I cannot commit to drive. But if there were plans to do a full 1983 WSC season in 2020, I would jump in to do it in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 8:36

About the paintjob:

You need to select the correct livery/skin upgrade I think, probably due to the bodywork being slightly different per round, thus the livery of one event won't work for another.

We actually had a WEC 1983 season back on rF1( :first: shameless mention), but as an endurance nut, I'd love another one, '83 or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 9:11

It was 1982 not 1983

But yes there are plans for some serious endurance racing in 2020 along the F1 :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 9:25

David Jundt wrote:
( :first: shameless mention)
I hate to spoil your brag mention there, bud, but I just wanted to mention how I'm personally absolutely gutted by the fact my Internet connection is so bad that I can't take part in this Kyalami 1000.

I mean, it's not every day you find the same race running again where you scored your maiden victory after having been two laps down due to pit stops and drive-through penalties and still win by about six seconds 
Just ask Raul :D :D 

Alberto wrote:
But yes there are plans for some serious endurance racing in 2020 along the F1

1970? 1982? 1983? If you say 1970, can I take a 917? 
Le Mans 24 Hours?  :hum: :hum: :hum: :hum:

[/beg]  :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 9:44

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
It was 1982 not 1983

But yes there are plans for some serious endurance racing in 2020 along the F1 :antoine:

Oh, pardon my confusion. I think now I am starting to get why I haven't seen the same Rondeau or some cars slightly shifting classes :doh: Laughing

But consider myself SOLD.

Not quuuuite sure how that relates to my emoji pick Pascal, I meant my overall 1983 1982 season and not a one-off, but good on you for winning it back then(seriously) :top:

Btw, speaking feedback: Is the reflection in the windscreen for some cars normal? With some cars(maybe it was the URD), it felt a bit like there were some effects that shouldn't be there when looking through it. Made me think either something from inside the car was "projected" to it or just some lines appearing on the glass.

Maybe it's just me :D
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 9:50

David Jundt wrote:
Not quuuuite sure how that relates to my emoji pick Pascal, I meant my overall 1983 1982 season and not a one-off, but good on you for winning it back then(seriously) :top:
I know you meant the full season, and it's truly an achievment. I wasn't trying to bring it down in any way, so I hope there's no misunderstanding  :drink:

Honestly, though, 24h when?  lol! lol! lol!

Anyway, good luck to all the drivers. I'll be working on my 82 F1 mod then :champ:
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 10:32

It was something from the original mod, not sure how or if you can get rid of the effect.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 10:53

Yeah it might be that AMS graphic filters make it even more visible, but the reflection was already there.
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 12:09

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
It was 1982 not 1983

:clap:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:08

Ok, a lot of issues here..

besides my grey screen from (at this moment only #12 956, tryed other 956s and all are ok, but I havent tested anything besides), there is also this white paint job on some 956s but I see half of the car in all whinte allready in the car pick menu, before even loading and entering the event/track.

But that is not my biggest concern.

I made few tests during last few days, and I noticed something that confuses me..

In the garage menu, I pick up for example soft fronts and medium rears. I enter the track and upon requesting a pitstop, all I had was one choice for (I presume) all four tyres, including mediums 89% (the ones I am driving atm) and all other options as 100% (new). That was yesterday.

The day before, I had an option for each tyre separately (FR FL, RR RL), but even I starte at same setup (soft fronts, medium rears), default option upon pitstop request was all four medium - not such a big deal, but something you have to take care of!

Today, however, I started with all four mediums, and after I brushed them very hard I entered the pits, again, option was all four tyres separeted, I choose all mediums, but even the counter was counting 10 sec for tyre change (no fuel adding), the tyres remain unchanged!!!!

I repeated the pitstop, and again, tyres unchanged!!!! So, what is going on?

And yes, the fuel can be substracted from the tank, picking up 0 (acctualy there is 5 l minimum) will reduce all the tank to 5 liters instead of not adding any...

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:12

Regarding the white cars, you need to pick the correct upgrade. So if you pick Bob Wollek Monza, you need to pick the correct upgrade in the Showroom.

Did the tires not changing happen before or just today?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:18

Richard Coxon wrote:
Regarding the white cars, you need to pick the correct upgrade. So if you pick Bob Wollek Monza, you need to pick the correct upgrade in the Showroom.

Did the tires not changing happen before or just today?

Today, half hour ago.

About the white paint, they are white in the showroom, where you pick the car and the track, the track is not loaded at that point. I can choose whichever I want, but the cars are white. Not all, mostly front end, cockpit, but some are white at the rear..
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:20

On the menu, next to where it lists the cars, click showroom, then upgrades, and then pick the correct round. The skin will then fix itself.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:33

Oh and did the tyre issue happen online or offline?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2019 - 21:58

Richard Coxon wrote:
Oh and did the tyre issue happen online or offline?

online...
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 3:16

Can confirm the no tire change issue.  Same for me when testing just prior to writing this.

Pit stop request made, double checked I was switching to new set of mediums but was still on the same worn set when I left (fuel stop was 123 seconds affraid )

ETA: Was in the 83WEC Lancia #5
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 6:36

Okay, we are looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 9:14

I have some serious issues with this mod. Since I installed it on my hard-drive Sunday after the Procar-race, I have barely slept 6 hours over the two nights combined.

This thing is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 9:33

lol! 

All such complaints are to be directed to Richard Wilks Cool
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 13:41

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
I have some serious issues with this mod. Since I installed it on my hard-drive Sunday after the Procar-race, I have barely slept 6 hours over the two nights combined.

This thing is brilliant.

I'll absolutely add a voice to that.

Never, in the history of my sim racing, have I been so engaged by a car while testing and lapping alone.
Just so much to take care of...so much to do. Lift/coast, playing with the boost, constantly focused on short shifting yet extracting pace where I can. ...woke up thinking about it Suspect

Absolutely addicted!!!
bounce
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 15:23

Richard Coxon wrote:
It was something from the original mod, not sure how or if you can get rid of the effect.
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Yeah it might be that AMS graphic filters make it even more visible, but the reflection was already there.

Right, thanks. I think I can work/deal with that, just seemed a bit strange while driving.

Can confirm, this mod is probably my favourite on AMS now.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:06

Something else I want to bring up:

The #35 Brun Motorsport Porsche 956.

Are we not using it because the Kyalami upgrade doesn't have headlights?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 17:09

Bingo :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GTPC-AMS bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next