Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+22
Timo Vermeersch
David Jaques
Filippo Marazzi
François Remmen
Martin Lacina
Grant Riddall
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Steve Parker
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Pascal Mikula
Lukáš Vydra
Carl Larrad
Jukka Närhi
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:42

Here you can see the misalignment quite well, and also how much the wheel well protrudes:

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Interior
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:47

And, when we talk awkward italian, don't forget the Stratos, both cramped and missalligned :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 22:06

and look into Lotus 49 cocpit, steering wheel was off centre too to have place in cocpit for gear shifter

"The increase from 1.5 litre to 3.0 litre demanded a significant fuel capacity of the monocoque, whilst keeping the frontal area to no greater than the engine profile, in order to minimise drag at a time when this was the principle aerodynamic concern. This led to a very narrow cockpit, to such an extent that, to accommodate the driver, ‘elbow dings’ were required and the steering wheel was offset to give the driver
adequate room for gear shifting. "
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 22:08

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Here you can see the misalignment quite well, and also how much the wheel well protrudes:

Shocked WOW look at those wheel wells. That is awesome! Thank you this car is awkward and awesome. I can't believe how well you guys replicate the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2018 - 22:26

Austin Johnson wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Shocked WOW look at those wheel wells. That is awesome! Thank you this car is awkward and awesome. I can't believe how well you guys replicate the real thing.

+1
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2018 - 0:08

Ergonomics weren't a key aspect in performance car design, neither road and even less so competition, back in those days. Drivers were just supposed to cope with it. I've seen a picture of Hans-Joachim Stuck in his March days, crammed in his F1 car with the bodywork removed...

...not only his position seemed a bit uneasy (Stuck is rather tall), he actually had the tip of his shoe cut away with the big toe sticking out. Else, he was apparently unable to fit his feet into the chassis... Shocked

...on the other hand, Porsche seemingly understood the advantage of ride that offered a certain level of creature comfort. Drivers of the 956 and 962 always praised the relative comfort the cars offered, especially when they drove other cars before. Be it seating position, space for head and ellbows, noise level, temperatures, syncromesh gearbox. Besides being almost bulletproof, it was also a contributing factor for six straight LM victories that shouldn't be underestimated...

...and then, there was the worst scenarios of all: Nigel Mansell being to fat to fit into the McLaren... lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2018 - 0:30

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

This is a racing version?
Maybe they made multiple types of instrument panels.

In this video seems to be the same type as in the car in game

When going off that one, I'm definitely a bit to the center of the car in game.

Interesting thread :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2018 - 9:54

No, that is the street version. The Procar was fitted with the smaller and simpler cluster you see in game.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 13:31

Hi guys. Welcome in new year 2019. I tried this mode. All looks very well and the behaviour of the car is great as usual on HSO. But fist time i tried this mod i noticed the too angular shaped tyres which looks ugly in the game. Because i wanted to learn something about modding especially modelling so i tried to change the shape of the tyres and i could also get into the game which is great for me. :banane: Thanks for the help to David S.
Now i changed only one type of the wheels but i could also change the rest of the wheels. Below is the new MAS file if somebody wants to test it but with backup of the official MAS!
The change you can see only on any of the cars (for example B&S Fabrication, BMW Austria and some of the others)

Angular shape
The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 20190110

Round shape
The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 20190111

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vug9ev4k2difb93/BMWM1.MAS/file
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 13:49

Nice addition Martin  :top:

Don't get too involved in modding, it will eat your life away  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 13:56

somehow including myself don't have a clue how to optimize graphics and 3d in AMS (cars aswell tracks ) looking that good as in rfactor like HistorixGT does , the group c M1s or better yet the new f1 1958 mod :D :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 16:29

Thanks Martin great job! Will check it and if everything is OK I will include it in the patch :top:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 18:15

It drives great Alberto just like in rf1
but the most coolest part is missing
those marvelous backfires :D

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 18:39

Quote :
but the most coolest part is missing
those marvelous backfires

It is intentional, I have seen some videos of the car doing them, but David Sabre hates it What a Face
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 23:40

Something strange happend, I havent noticed yesterday..
When in multyplayer mode, cockpit of the car Im in looks very shitty - no red dash panel, no fine texture cockpit mask - all of that very nice in single play though..
Player detail set to "full".
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 23:59

Yes that is an interior texture from the other cars overriding your own one. As it is now, you will only see it when opponent detail is lower than maximum and you enter the server with someone already being there who has the cars in lower detail. If you set your own car detail lower than maximum you will also suffer it offline. 

All this comes from a problem with corrupted DDS conversion, only the mipmap for maximum detail was correctly created inside the DDS. 

I have already fixed it, will be included in the 1.10 patch to be released when the first race thread goes up  :top:
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jan 2019 - 0:12

Just finish my first shake down with this mod....great another masterpiece The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 3108518133 ...what a sound...wonderfull work :clap:
I'll try to partecipate in some races
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jan 2019 - 19:03

currently all gears are adjustable in the garage, final drive, and each individual gear. usually, final drive is a fairly quick change and can be done at the track, adjusting individual gears in the transmission is usually a much longer process.

no idea how it "really was" for these cars, and all depends how hso wants to have it set. just wanted to mention it now for review, if it is the way you intended then all is well.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 10:30

Is it me or has the test server been switched to Champcars?

Not that it matters a lot. Took the M1 out for a ride around Toban short with some AI. What a blast... These things are addictive to the point that my ETS2 Volvo FH750 addiction was cured within 15 minutes of M1-driving at Toban.

Small glitch: offline, the AI-cars do not seem to have wheels nor tires in the rearview-mirror (I use the virtual rear view in cockpit). I think it was already mentioned in this thread but I can not find it. It does in any case not spoil the fun.

What a blast, these cars. And they say the 911 is prone to entry understeer snapping to midturn oversteer... But the M1 does it so gradual and in such predictable manner... brilliant.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 10:39

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Is it me or has the test server been switched to Champcars?

It has been switched, it will go back to Procar at the weekend when we announce the entry list and first race thread.

The error was reported, the first reply in the thread Razz
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 20:05

The Procar server is now back up. Don't worry the CART one is still running. Wink

Server info

Server IP : 51.77.116.8:34797
Server name: Historic Simracing Procar
Password: hso80
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 21:24

Richard Coxon wrote:
Nice addition Martin  :top:

Don't get too involved in modding, it will eat your life away  Twisted Evil

Amen
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 20:26

just two questions:
the shifting is similar to our F1971 mod with lifting the throttle?
what are the effects of the "cooling" setting on the car?

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 20:29

Yes of course.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 20:44

Quote :
what are the effects of the "cooling" setting on the car?

You mean the grille tape? As in the VLM mod and NASCAR mods/games, represents your crew adding duct tape over the radiator grille. Less cooling but also less aero turbulence and air getting trapped there, with higher top speed as a result. Works like the radiator opening you are used to from rFactor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread   The bugs, glitches and feedback thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next