Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals

Go down 
+7
Richard Coxon
Steve Parker
Filippo Marazzi
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Dec 2018 - 12:40

Up to three different controllers, yes. This is for axis (several axis supported in each controller, IIRC up to 4) but buttons (F.e. button boxes) you can add more using joy-to-key programs that translate buttons into keyboard keys inputs.
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:09

Alberto- my pedals travel distance is something like 2-2,5 cm long, so being precise on throttle or brake is rather a matter of luck Wink I think it was one of the first pedals that one could map separate axis :D
And yes, I still use the yellow rubberized non FF wheel :hello:

Michael- please check "Cousin of OSW" project. Basically it's a direct drive DC motor based wheel. Those who completed the build claims, that any belt or geared FF wheel is no match for it, but for a fraction of "full" servo based DD wheel in terms of price.

And anyone interested in building own harware- please check MMJoy2 interface. My load cell controller is based on this software and in it's first version worked flawless Wink
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:12

I can confirm that the brake spring mod really works. I never locked up wheels during today's F1 race at the Glen. Not even once. It really has improved the driving experience :top:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:19

I hope you're right because I ordered it. The pedals are in need of cleaning, might as well upgrade them. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:37

Juha Bos wrote:
I hope you're right because I ordered it. The pedals are in need of cleaning, might as well upgrade them. :D

I'm not really sure if you want to see this... Twisted Evil

GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Jpu-h1Qo2gpG66Bne5ra5M86WyB-vTrtsV5RvA0rEWAOSkbZyB43P69Db6ZWoofmhTrDUFHPqXEq2AFl6UYvEdau_JdIoFWBwjBB-xD2_mku4fYdt9yP6JsYQPPAd-e2rYT8Sx2ahAGubt8gxFLa6N1wNo4DtoorDyynDdj82RX-v6G72kE67Xxzb8gLtiCjOtMpDBEV0rJW_l-kOarkmlkKp0P_ClGvmMP-UHtcinLSxwOM_DpNsgJseZcmo5whH_-4Rh8unIZR-EhbUH_XQ-qUaw_lHCyRS3YP28zDv1zGmGA4ngJETH-R3ywPGNw0aumfKqNmo3hljQL90OLxgwHnS1cKmbo9b-nQE3UQM28fWcZA60JGLfBeqq3uIc7uyyNsJRwTFY24dsGvGGkqz5FaeTt_8Kj3A1-ahdYIga3eS8_l10E17dT93D-Wb3E8wq6BVbHs4GK_RxjyBdli5DXPNc3pke2SHJRiKDQiKNg1ERS1GEcapm_uyw30iDUpY5V3f9ud775RqQ7xSYFXY7uml8LLLeWatmEAJ5x4ztLtXA5PI3y3R8J2bb5FIqsiHSJ2me0CztLDzDW5HLRMmYIBuc38Tbp8r9aNS5Z2wLjnLgFds5rkpldV7vA-Kc0aeblS1-H1ayDCOfscVMdALX4Chg=w518-h920-no
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:38

Mine look brand new compared to that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 0:45

Juha Bos wrote:
Mine look brand new compared to that.

I took it all apart and cleaned every single component (except for electronics, obviously). It was really nasty.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 16:08

Cezariusz Czlapinski wrote:
Alberto- my pedals travel distance is something like 2-2,5 cm long, so being precise on throttle or brake is rather a matter of luck Wink I think it was one of the first pedals that one could map separate axis :D
And yes, I still use the yellow rubberized non FF wheel :hello:

Michael- please check "Cousin of OSW" project. Basically it's a direct drive DC motor based wheel. Those who completed the build claims, that any belt or geared FF wheel is no match for it, but for a fraction of "full" servo based DD wheel in terms of price.

And anyone interested in building own harware- please check MMJoy2 interface. My load cell controller is based on this software and in it's first version worked flawless Wink

Some stuff to read into. Thanks for sharing! Even though I might head in another direction (haven't really decided yet), but that is some very interesting and informative stuff. :top:

Juha Bos wrote:

Cleaning is a routine that needs to be done twice a year. Nasty job each time... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 16:15

If for whatever reason you want to go the non-ff wheel route let me know as I have some tips for building one.  :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 16:22

So I'm the only one here (apparently with no life outside this hobby) that cleans pedals/wheel/other kit, once monthly, like clockwork?

....damn.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2018 - 16:25

Not monthly, but dissasemble, clean and lube my CSP pedals each two months or so, plus add some improvements  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals   GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTEYE brake mod for Logitech pedals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2