Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]

Go down 
+26
Jean-Marie Placais
Brian Janik
Steve Parker
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Christian Dauger
Yves Plaçais
Mark Craggs
David Jaques
Grant Riddall
Raymond Riddall
Adam Hackman
Mick Chapman
Gabriel Sterr
Alberto Iquino
Bruno Chacon
Thiago Canola
Timo Vermeersch
Juha Bos
Gérard Ryon
Jason Fitch
Jason Whited
David Jundt
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 7:58

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 8:37

:flag:
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 17:48

:conduit: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2018 - 19:47

:conduit: :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2018 - 10:28

I have uploaded a setup of mine, maybe it can be helpfull to someone..
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2018 - 15:24

Back to top Go down
Jean-Marie Placais
Club Driver
Jean-Marie Placais

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 12:28

Back from holiday. I’ll be too late

See you next time!!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 15:44

May I have #57, please?
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 16:39

sry for that late decision, i´m absent tonight, lots of work to do
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 16:47

Raining in Michigan and I don't feel like cleaning, so...

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 17:02

Server is now set for race day.  Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 17:07

Forgot to post the link here but the Broadcast has been created and you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFWd7aoIns

Best of luck everyone, this will probably be a difficult one, I couldn't even complete one lap when I gave the cars a go earlier in the week to get an idea of the track and car combination.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 18:37

Sorry for telling so late, but I'm gonna pass this one tonight. Just got home from work, its hot and sticky, I'm pretty exhaustet and finally, I've got an hefty headache.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 20:23

Well, that was fast. And really special, indeed. I slightly hit Gerard, who was stuck at the bank and facing the other direction. What happened after was really weird. My car literally got stuck BENEATH the road surface, i got horrible lag (some 1fps) and my tyres heated up to 500 degrees. Obviously, i couldn't continue. Nevermind, i'd never finish the race, anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:25

Nice driving Raul
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:26

Brian Janik wrote:
Nice driving Raul

Sarcastic?

Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:33

sabre, grant, so sorry guys. grant, i noticed you were running a different gear setting and was expecting a shift that i had to leave room for. i thought i saw that shift and then tried to stay close, but looked like there was another shift? or maybe one of them was a lift to straighten out, either way, im so sorry. shame how such a small contact can take 2 cars out of the race. it was my mistake, and i apologize, i feel awful.

later on, i still dont know what happened. on the front straight, i saw a flash from left to right and the next thing my car exploded and was flying through the air.

Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:40

David Jaques wrote:
sabre, grant, so sorry guys.  grant, i noticed you were running a different gear setting and was expecting a shift that i had to leave room for.  i thought i saw that shift and then tried to stay close, but looked like there was another shift?  or maybe one of them was a lift to straighten out, either way, im so sorry.  shame how such a small contact can take 2 cars out of the race.  it was my mistake, and i apologize, i feel awful.

later on, i still dont know what happened.  on the front straight, i saw a flash from left to right and the next thing my car exploded and was flying through the air.

Honestly, don’t worry about it. I was running very short 2nd and 3rd so there was an extra shift in gears compared to you which was the main cause. This happens and I’ve been in your situation before so don’t worry.

David I’m sorry about the crash too. Really feel for you as you was a bystander and was collected Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:41

Results and points are up
This takes us into our August Summer break
See you all in September  :hello:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:48

Damn, I forgot to post my absence here! Really sorry about that, but, as you figured out, I wasn't available to race  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:56

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Damn, I forgot to post my absence here! Really sorry about that, but, as you figured out, I wasn't available to race  Embarassed

You had no car allocated so no harm, no foul.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018 - 22:58

Jason White wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:

You had no car allocated so no harm, no foul.
Oh wait... Well I even forgot that I had given up the seat in the Lola?! Yikes!  lol!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2018 - 0:34

Probably drove a little too conservative first 5 laps or so. Embarassed But it's a long race

...Suffered major damage on lap 8, when Raul Jereb veered into me on the start finish straight while trying to make a pass, maybe he didn't know I was still there? not sure? But the damage was unbelievable from what didn't seem like such a big hit. Was convinced I had lost a wheel, but the graphic readout said otherwise.

Was able to stop for repairs and unwanted extra fuel, rejoined laps behind, soldiered on to a 70 lap test session for some stupid reason. Car had good speed, but today was a complete waste of time
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2018 - 3:07

Really fun to race today. Thanks Timo for letting me drive. I kept it in one piece for you. Wink

WOW. Driving this car using H pattern+heel and toe is quite a workout!! I forgot to tune down the opponent car sound, couldn't hear my car when some cars where around, it made me lose pace and concentration sometimes.

The start was everybody tip toeing in the first lap, I could capitalize due some front battles and crashes.
Got the 3rd place and had 12s clear to 4rth but missed a gear downshifing in turn 3 and got stuck in the outside bump. Bos got by me and I could hold 4th place in front of Placais. I couldn't hear my car!! Sad
It was a great battle, Yves was really patient to find an opportunity to overtake and it only took one wheel of track to give him the chance he needed.
It was good actually because he would bother some guys in front and help me to catch them up. Smile

In the end looked like I saved more tire and had good shot to try to overtake Bos and Lacina.

3rd was surprising considering such strong field.

Great race guys!
Thanks HSO!

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2018 - 8:32

Brian Janik wrote:
when Raul Jereb veered into me on the start finish straight while trying to make a pass, maybe he didn't know I was still there? not sure? But the damage was unbelievable from what didn't seem like such a big hit. Was convinced I had lost a wheel, but the graphic readout said otherwise.

So.. it was sarcastic...

I guess you are talking about that touch at the main straightline, when two cars crashed at the last turn..
Im very sorry for that, I think you lift a bit while behind one of the recovering cars, and I allready started to pass you and those cars, I just did not expect that I gues.. Im very sorry. My nose even lift up a bit when I touched you, and it really did not look so hard.. I think Whided was in that group too, which I wish to appologise for last corner hit.. I just overbreaked myself, both you and Brian hide my my braking reference point, and tenth of a second later it was allready too late..

This was maybe one of the most exhausting race ever for me.. I like this track, but my car and my setup were pretty wrong, at least first half of the race.. I dont know why, I tested it and felt more comfortable during the week.. And I was a bit tyred too, I came home from X-wing tournament in Italy 10 min before qualy started.. just too intense schedule Neutral

I thought of quiting few times during the race, but somehow found satisfaction in battling with Brian and Jason. Acctually, even you Brian was a lap down, I was soooo carefull not to hit you during our circling, and not becose of that incident from the beginning.. And the moment you let me through, I realised I was faster but then started to make mistakes..

and then, 5 laps before the finish line, my connection broke.. Now this is second time in a row, third this season, four times alltogether with F1.. I just dont know why..

Now, a rest, maybe some fun races??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]   Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Edmonton [Jul 22nd]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next