Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tech question - pods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Tech question - pods Empty
PostSubject: Tech question - pods   Tech question - pods Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 10:26

Hi all,

probably a stupid question but still, I have been wondering about the below lately.

The pods in my pedals start needing replacement.

Now, if I get it right, the pods are what translate the analog movement of the pedals into a digital sign the PC can actually understand. It's only the pods who do that. The pedals as such are pure analogue dyno's (which in the case of my pedals can be taken quiet literally lol! ).

So, I have been thinking, as long as a I have sufficient space in the pedal's casing, I could mount whatever pod. Any pod will translate the movement of the pedals into a digital sign, whatever the brand and/or type of pod. So I could mount better pods than the one I currently have?

There may be some issues with length of travel etc but DXTweak should be able to handle those?

Or am I missing something here?

Kr,

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Tech question - pods   Tech question - pods Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 10:30

Yes you can replace them with whatever pods you want as long as they have the same travel range and voltage output. You could even replace them with magnetic pods and forget about wear forever. At Digikey there are lots of options, so check what you have now and search for the equivalent.

https://www.digikey.es/products/sensors-transducers/en
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tech question - pods   Tech question - pods Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 12:12

Thanks Alberto.

I understand what to do now.

Kr,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech question - pods   Tech question - pods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tech question - pods
Page 1 of 1