Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]

Go down 
+27
Thiago Canola
Jari Bruppacher
Jason Fitch
Peter Blom
Jonatan Acerclinth
Petr Hlavac
Gabriel Sterr
Richard Wilks
David Jaques
Brian Janik
Dave Miller
Raymond Riddall
Grant Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Raul Jereb
Yves Plaçais
Austin Johnson
Steve Parker
Pascal Mikula
David Jundt
Jason Whited
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Michal Janak
Mick Chapman
Timo Vermeersch
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:03

Richard Coxon wrote:

then I just had to manage the gap from David. 

I hope it was easier to write this than actually do it on track, or I'd be mad Razz

This has been one of those races where I managed to invest a bit more time to be competitive(yes, I seriously want to win one of HSO's F1 races, '91, '71, whatever year).

McLaren felt good, it was just a tiny bit lacking to rival Richard and V12-Yves in qualifying, not to mention Grant in the Surtees(who's always to be found up there).

As for the race start, I really need to adjust the engine volume. Once again, I couldn't hear my own car, but it usually doesn't matter as my starts are average(France was an exception, then again, I floored that Ferrari there).

Dropped back to P6 I think and had to make a cheeky pass on Raul to get back on the tail of the leading group.

Austin seemed like he let me through, then later managed to pass Yves into the final turn. Surprisingly, at the top end of my 4th and 5th gear, it seemed like I was actually having the upper hand in terms of straight line speed. But maybe it was also the slipstream.

After that, I gradually moved away and in my opinion somwhat surprising managed to get closer to the leading duo fighting over P1.

I think it would've gotten more interesting with Grant putting pressure on Richard all the way through, but there was that DT so it was me and Richard.

I got closer, but never really close enough to catch his slipstream. My tyres were rather square from pushing as far as I dared without putting my car in danger, so maybe I wasn't quite as fast at the end as I could've been.

Richard put in some 20s near the end to keep me away from his rear end, while I struggled to break 21.1.

When I crossed the line, having tried to pressure him even up until the last turn, I was very surprised when I noticed that I'd actually taken FL on that very lap by around 40 thousands! Shocked

Guess I prevented Richard's "hattrick" on that last lap aswell :hihi:

Enjoyed this race a lot, which probably has to do with the fact that I drove a decent midfield car that enabled me to fight on my own power rather than waiting for people to drop like flies :langue:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:04

Hardest race I’ve had if that helps you. I’ve never liked leading when a car is within a few seconds. I’d rather be chasing or 10+ seconds ahead.

Those 20 sec laps, I had to work really hard for. Didn’t come easy, that Tyrrell still wanted to bite at the end. Glad to get the team some points though :drink:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:16

Grats Rich for :first: and sorry to Jari i think it was,who i hit going into turn 1 when he slowed rapidly for some reason and caught me out,then on lap 57 i noticed i only had 3ltrs of fuel left :doh: ,i had loaded wrong setup so had to pit and retire :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2018 - 16:37

Anyone else eagerly waiting for Timo's race report. :hihi:

Seriously no rush, it's just they are fantastic reads.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2018 - 17:05

Richard Coxon wrote:

bounce
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2018 - 8:45

Richard Coxon wrote:

I'm working on it guys. But am travelling through Namibia for the moment. Fabulous country but distances and internet are from another level compared to Europe Very Happy . So might take some more time till Silvy and Edmo reports are up.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2018 - 10:41

Namibia! Wow! Well enjoy your trip through there. As said before, no rush :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2018 - 19:01

I was kinda thinking the same, but kept quiet as I didn't want to look impatient.

I do like reading them!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2018 - 7:44

Steve Parker wrote:
Grats Rich for :first:  and sorry to Jari i think it was,who i hit going into turn 1 when he slowed rapidly for some reason and caught me out,then on lap 57 i noticed i only had 3ltrs of fuel left :doh: ,i had loaded wrong setup so had to pit and retire :smil20:  

Just seen this mate, are you sure you couldn’t refuel during the race?
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2018 - 21:14

Richard Coxon wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Grats Rich for :first:  and sorry to Jari i think it was,who i hit going into turn 1 when he slowed rapidly for some reason and caught me out,then on lap 57 i noticed i only had 3ltrs of fuel left :doh: ,i had loaded wrong setup so had to pit and retire :smil20:  

Just seen this mate, are you sure you couldn’t refuel during the race?

Did not think refuelling was allowed lol! so had it set at 0 in pit menu,and did not have enough fuel to go round again :doh:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2018 - 21:46

No, it's allowed you plonker  Razz

It wasn't banned until 1984  :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:27

I think with all the great beers in England and America, Timo(or Voigt) will struggle to remember all of the action lol!

Steve didn't refuel? Oh whoops :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2018 - 12:36

They say that all good things come to those who wait. But is that really so?

Silverstone-report is finally up HERE. Still without pics. Those will follow soon.

Work on Edmonton is about halfway through, so that should be the next. Then Nurby.

For now, hope you guys enjoy Silvy.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2018 - 14:59

Nice report Timo :clap:

All though I'm a Californian not a Texan :hum: :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2018 - 16:45

Austin Johnson wrote:

Updated. BTW: where has that cowboy hatted Dale-avatar gone? That was what confused me Wink .

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2018 - 17:18

Great as ever Timo, I enjoyed being King Richard.  :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2018 - 18:06

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Updated. BTW: where has that cowboy hatted Dale-avatar gone? That was what confused me Wink .

Timo

Serious face Dale is for special Races. :cowboy:

Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018 - 19:41

Pics were added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]   Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - British Grand Prix [July 8th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4