Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]

Go down 
+37
Simon Wattman
Pascal Mikula
Mick Chapman
Petr Hlavac
François Remmen
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Yves Plaçais
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
David Jundt
Philippe Martinelli
Jason White
David Jaques
Thiago Canola
Austin Johnson
Greg Hunt
Peter Blom
Florkin Marc
Jason Fitch
Jonatan Acerclinth
Juha Bos
Lino Palladino
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Richard Wilks
Raymond Riddall
Alberto Ibañez
Grant Riddall
Dana Schurer
Gérard Ryon
Jan Kowalski
Jason Whited
Steve Parker
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Michal Janak
Richard Coxon
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:32

totaly disapointed,

miracle in Q,4th position big surprise but at start i lowered in sound setup what was possible but on start didn heard own engine an the shitty shifting 3rd gear cant enggage,  3 times lift throthle completely. fal down to drivers slower but making everything to hold me behind,  many times somone hit me from behind maybe 6  times totaly befor my sh... ISP make me STOP :grrr:

little disrespect here today, not suitable for such a series Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 1623587389

Last edited by Michal Janak on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:37

Running in 4th and well clear of 5th when the game lagged really badly and froze 47+ laps for nothing :bangry: every time someone left it lagged and made me crash twice as well.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:06

A brilliant start and a top 10 position looked possible, until I ripped a wheel off and caused Jason Whited's retirement (I think it was him...). Great fun while it lasted, sorry Jason!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:08

Flatspots can be very frustrating. Threw away a podium in the dying laps. Rolling Eyes

Those Surtees are dominant.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:22

sorry to Juha for the big bump going into last lift corner, super clean dice up til then. Had a little steering issue after that but luckily both survived.

Super geeked up about finishing this race, and getting some points!

Grats to Grant & Richard, Team Surtees is Lunar
Grats to Peter Hlavac too!

Last edited by Brian Janik on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:23

Well done Grant, i was hoping to challenge you more but i damaged my rear suspension from about lap 10, i was having braking issues and then i realised i started on my qualifying tires :doh:
Nether the less, you drove great, well done. Hopefully we can resume battle at Monaco :yaa:

Pleased with 2nd though, keeps myself and Surtees in the championship hunt, unlucky Jacob, it was looking like a battle to the finish.

Thanks all who turned up, I hope to see you all again at Monaco Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:28

ANTHEM -- WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2018 - 23:32

Brian Janik wrote:
sorry to Juha for the big bump going into last lift corner, super clean dice up til then. Had a little steering issue after that but luckily both survived.

Thanks for the apology. It scared me quite a lot but I got away without damage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 0:42

Results and points are up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:12

It was a horrible feeling when i realized that i won't be able to install that patch in time to qualify at Kyalami. Well, Montjuich made up for that Wink  

I had very little time to practice, but as soon as i hit the track, i realized i've done this race already - with GPL 1969 some five years ago. AMS is more advanced, but it actually feels very similar. My McLaren may not be the best car on the grid, but i love how it handles. I hated F1 1991 from the deepest of my heart, those cars never did what i wanted to. Thank God, it's exactly the opposite with 1971 and i enjoy every single minute of it.

Starting from P8 was OK. I moved up to P6 soon. However, i forgot to tune down the sound of other cars and i couldn't hear my engine at all. It resulted in a half-spin in lap4, at least i didn't cause a mayhem and lost only three positions. And most importantly, that's when my battle with Greg Goissen begun. It really made my day. Greg is a fighter, it was very close, very intense. But we never touched during those 20 laps, it was all fair and square. He passed me several times into T1, where i focused on not locking up the LF wheel and flat spot the tire. And it was obvious, that he was pushing a bit too much and his tyres will give up rather sooner than later. Since he crahed out, it was a pleasure cruise to the finish. But i'm really proud to have such a fight with one of the best HSO drivers, let alone with similar equipment :drink: And as Jacob had his unfortunate retirement, i ended up on podium. It couldn't get any better :conduit: I'm looking forward to Monaco, see you there.

PS: Sorry for not joining the Broadcast Booth after the race, but i couldn't find the password.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:36

Quote :
PS: Sorry for not joining the Broadcast Booth after the race, but i couldn't find the password.

There is no public password Petr, whoever wants to/is available to be interviewed must join the "Green room" and from there an admin takes him into the broadcast booth. Congrats on your great race, it was exciting to watch the fight between Greg and you :clap:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:41

I cant be happy with some "kickers" nice to be overtook by firstly get hit to back , causing me little of losing traction and then be overtaken, As i saw part of replays and livecoverage, some of us are little moore agrisive than is suitable for this mod Suspect
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:56

Michal Janak wrote:
I cant be happy with some "kickers" nice to be overtook by firstly get hit to back , causing me little of losing traction and then be overtaken, As i saw part of replays and livecoverage, some of us are little moore agrisive than is suitable for this mod Suspect  

Don't just go pointing fingers in public. PM us with incident details and time stamps from the replay and we can evaluate your claims about people being good enough.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 10:25

Welp, the first 65 laps or so all went to plan. Shot up from 10th to 5th in the first couple of corners, then pace good for 3rd outright. Then I got a huge flat-spot. Combine that with some extra pressure from Richard, and the car got progressively worse. Zero balance, not only under braking, but also in the middle of the corners, so I ended up in the wall. Huge bummer.

But at least the pace was good. But those Surtees' are mega fast. I hope these tracks have fitted them well, so it is not a matter of being "best-of-the-rest" for the rest of the season. I should up my game in any case. Hats off at least, very impressive start to the season by Richard and Grant.

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 11:16

Steve Parker wrote:
Running in 4th and well clear of 5th when the game lagged really badly and froze 47+ laps for nothing :bangry: every time someone left it lagged and made me crash twice as well.

Think windows has installed some crap in the last update that seems to crash games,my event log is full of these since 1709 update,and lots of people have same problem,mine was fine before last update so think i will be uninstalling it THANKS MICROSOFT.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9054b832-d001-4543-b3b0-bcbb729d5f24/esediskflushconsistency-win10-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 14:13

Great nights racing!

Quail went well. 1-2 for Richard and myself

The race though was so hard, just to maintain the tyres and concentration. My start was poor but managed to stick with Richard until he made a small mistake on lap 2 which prompted me to attack and gain the lead. From then I just tried to maintain the lead which was made a hell of a lot easier once Richard unfortunately spun. After that it was just taking it easy until the chequered. Had a few scares myself, dropped the car round a few turns and spun round once out of no where.

Like Monaco, this track did not suit the Surtees one bit in my mind. The car is full of understeer. I think the time me and Richard are and have put into setting the cars up are showing with our results. So I’m really
Pleased with this.

Well done to Richard and to Petr, great drives. And was very sad to see Jacob retiring as felt that was a great result for himself!

Only problem I saw was Qualifying, to many people losing a wheel and limping back to the pits with 3 wheels just to avoid a 4 minute wait from tow back. It’s not right or fair,  if you crash you crash. Shouldn’t put anyone else’s runs at risk because of there mistakes.

Other than that another great night so thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 14:28

Michal Janak wrote:

Hi Michal , after watching the live , , it seemed to me to have touched you very lightly from the rear , but as you know me, it's not my style to push someone or to have an incorrect attitude on track , so if your post were for me ... accept my apologies :chinois:

report of my race later .
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 14:35

Juha Bos wrote:
A brilliant start and a top 10 position looked possible, until I ripped a wheel off and caused Jason Whited's retirement (I think it was him...). Great fun while it lasted, sorry Jason!

Yeah, it was me Crying or Very sad

No worries, just a racing incident. I could have swore your car was going to stay off to the left and then just as I was about to pass the incident it jumped directly back into my path. No time to react, bye bye both cars. Sorry I killed your car too.

As for me, really disappointed way to end that one.
After qualifying deep in the field, I was gaining confidence in the ability of the car to run in a possible point scoring position before the incident. As cars fell to attrition I was happily moving forward a little at a time. Tucked in behind Jundt and patiently following along, preserving the car for some potential pushing later on.

One of the few real chances of scoring with this car, barring others having a ton of issues that is...
So I spent a LOT of time with the car last week trying to get it in prime shape for yesterday.
Needless to say, I learned quite a bit more about the car and about what it desires from me as the driver. It might not be fast (at all, really) but damn if I don't enjoy the hell out of driving it Laughing

Awesome start though...and awesome initial laps!
Great job by most everyone getting through those first laps relatively cleanly. Going through the first sector piled in like we were had me smiling the whole way (albeit a suppressed smile because my heart was dancing on my tongue so it probably didn't show...lol)

Grats to Grant on the win and to the finishers on a really tough and challenging course.

Onto the next one we go! (as soon as I repair this horse, that is :rigol: ) :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 15:45

Au moins sur ce mod je profite des courses, cela me change de la saison dernière où je n'avais terminé qu'une  seule course :aie: ...

J'ai déjà "amélioré" mon record, je termine pour la deuxième fois consécutive Smile

Parti 21ème sur la grille scratch , je termine le premier tour en 24 ème position en assurant de ne pas faire de bêtise.

Début du 2 ème tour, alors que je le dépasse suite à sa mauvaise sortie de l'épingle, François me bloque dans la deuxième épingle. Quelques secondes de perdues et un petit contact sur l'aileron avant de ma Tyrell, pas trop grave.

Me voila parti pour une longue course de remontée comme les "pas assez rapides" :langue: dans mon genre ont l'habitude, puisque l'on part de très loin...
Sauf que l'inconnue de ce nouveau mod me faisant douter de pouvoir rallier l'arrivée sans jamais taper le rail... Mon objectif était de rentrer au moins dans les 10 premiers comme à Kyalami.

Objectif atteint avec une huitième place, mais à 2 tours + 26 secondes, il y a du travail pour rentrer dans les points, qui sera pour moi la quête sinon du Graal au moins de ma satisfaction personnelle plus modestement.

Merci à Mick Chapman pour avoir disputé la même place avec moi toute la course,
devant ou derrière moi :hello:

Bravo à Grant, Richard et Petr pour leur podium :top:

Merci HSO !:top:

A la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 17:09

Unfortunate race for me this time. Everything have gone well. In 44 lap i was on nice 6th place whith the car 10s behind me so on the points. Somewhere around 40 lap i noticed an screen freezing for a half a seconds two times per lap. Further in next laps it continued with bigger frequency and in lap 44 the screed totally freezed only hear the suroundings sounds. Any effort for jumping out of the the track was impossible. Finally i had to make hard reset of my PC so that my end of this great looking race.  I dont have any idea why it happened and what on my PC was wrong. (graphic card, internet connection, or something different... dont know Rage )
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 17:40

Martin I am sorry to hear that.  Sad Check the post above by Steve Parker, he had been suffering the same but seems to have found the cause in a Windows update.
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 18:27

Martin Lacina wrote:
Unfortunate race for me this time. Everything have gone well. In 44 lap i was on nice 6th place whith the car 10s behind me so on the points. Somewhere around 40 lap i noticed an screen freezing for a half a seconds two times per lap. Further in next laps it continued with bigger frequency and in lap 44 the screed totally freezed only hear the suroundings sounds. Any effort for jumping out of the the track was impossible. Finally i had to make hard reset of my PC so that my end of this great looking race.  I dont have any idea why it happened and what on my PC was wrong. (graphic card, internet connection, or something different... dont know  Rage  )

Exactly what happened to me Martin,last windows update seems to be the cause.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 19:17

Steve Parker wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Unfortunate race for me this time. Everything have gone well. In 44 lap i was on nice 6th place whith the car 10s behind me so on the points. Somewhere around 40 lap i noticed an screen freezing for a half a seconds two times per lap. Further in next laps it continued with bigger frequency and in lap 44 the screed totally freezed only hear the suroundings sounds. Any effort for jumping out of the the track was impossible. Finally i had to make hard reset of my PC so that my end of this great looking race.  I dont have any idea why it happened and what on my PC was wrong. (graphic card, internet connection, or something different... dont know  Rage  )

I think on my PC it was caused by something different because i have forbidden the automatic update and last update was performed on 11/2017.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:25

Martin Lacina wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:

I think on my PC it was caused by something different because i have forbidden the automatic update and last update was performed on 11/2017.

It's not windows updates. It does to me to in practice when someone comes in the server or leaves. I have a brand new PC. It still does it I think it's on the game side of things.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:38

two issues are being discussed here, the slight stutter when someone enters and leaves the server, that everyone experiences regardless of windows version or PC, and the separate issue of a "lock up" or crash resulting in a race ending situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]   Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Gran Premio de España [Mar 11th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next