Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]

Go down 
+37
Petr Hlavac
Simon Wattman
Jan Titz
Filippo Marazzi
Jean-Marie Placais
Alberto Ibañez
Grant Riddall
Matthias Weber
Austin Ogonoski
Raymond Riddall
Gérard Ryon
James Knowles
Richard Wilks
Raul Jereb
Yves Plaçais
Scott Urick
Jason Whited
Timo Vermeersch
Sky Willis
Austin Johnson
Christian Dauger
Adam Hackman
Steve Parker
Florkin Marc
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Dana Schurer
Bruno Chacon
Michal Janak
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Jukka Närhi
Gabriel Sterr
Jan Kowalski
Martin Lacina
Jason White
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Austin Ogonoski
Rookie
Austin Ogonoski

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-02-04

Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:31

Holy moly that was hectic.

Qualified 3rd. Ran my fastest lap all week.

Couldn't believe how clean the start of the race was. Seriously, watch the broadcast.

Few laps in, Sabre made contact with a lapped car. The way the incident played out, the top 5 were under a blanket. Awesome racing for the time being.

Whoever inherited the lead, I think it was a white Porsche, spun while leading and took out basically all the lead cars. I didn't sustain any damage but beached the car on a hill. Fell back to 8th but drove to 2nd.

32 cars started, 3 finished on the lead lap. Seems about right for Can-Am.

Couple people traction rolled in front of me and it was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://pretendracecars.net
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:42

The broadcast is up and available here, enjoy the show What a Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zbdCa-l5U
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:46

Results and points are up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:57

Phew, what a roller coaster. I'm totally drenched, and it ain't the obese Chippendale cornerworkers lol!

Things started off a bit hectic, as I had trouble with my pedals all week long, with the brake often being partially applied, even if I had the foot of the pedal. So around 6 pm, I decided to start do dismantle them, lube them, put them back together. Now where is that friggin' screwdriver again? Rolling Eyes So I went out for a test ride, and something was not right. I kept missing my braking points, so I braked even earlier and still the car would not decelerate. Take a closer look: pedal moves only like 80 percent. Dismantle the whole thing again, realign the pedals, screw that stuff together again...

...brakes permanently 50 percent activated Evil or Very Mad Same drill again, but third time's a charm, so they say. The pedal still did only like 98 percent, but I could manage that with some additional braking power. My trusty Momo wheel is getting a bit long in the tooth. I did some laps and it felt fine, so I went fetching a pizza. I returned home, watched the news, returned in time for qualifying, sat down, left the pits, ain't that the phone ringing?? Of course, mom's on the line she 'needs to talk to someone'. Why of all evenings tonight Rolling Eyes

So I was held up another 15 minutes and time was ticking away. Finally she was done and I finally hopped in the car, all felt good, soon I was in the 1.14s and even more surpising, I could put in in the 1.13s fairly quickly. First outing was the fastest, traffic was insane, and the small adjustments I made cost me a bit in the first sector, even though I could make up another 4/10 in the other two sectors. Though I gotta say the field behind the two works McLarens was extremely tight packed. 13th it was.

Race went of okay, car handled okay on full tanks, but it wasn't extremely fast, it wasn't to long before the cars behind me wrestled me down, but my plan was to stay on the road, go my own rhythm and go as far as possible. I also didn't loose much, as two cars in front of me had a visit to the countryside.. Unfortunately, on lap 5, I hit the inside curb exiting Moss, almost flipped over, and had to let the whole field pass, as it would have been suicidical to try to rejoin to early. So it looked like a long way to go now, and things got worse, when I got closer to the tail of the field, where I got in the middle of some incident, which looked like I could pass by on the inside, but then I saw Timo in the Porsche slide into my way and I couldn't help but T-bone him Neutral Front end was red now, and I had to start over again. A bit later I approached some other competitor and trying to pass him ended with me on the grass and a spin, and as my rhythm was a bit broken now, I spun again on the following corner. Another great deal of time lost again.

From there, it wasn't all that horrid, the car felt fine, tire wear was acceptable, my last minute setup changes solved the problems I had before, balance stayed fine all along the distance, and I gained position after position, some by other people's mishaps, some by wrestling them down on the track. I ended up in 8th, some 45 seconds behind Dana, who passed me in the opening stages of the race. I haven't done my maths yet, but I guess I lost a good minute in the first quarter of the race.

Nontheless, I like the car, it suits me fine, and I seem to have a good base setup for the moment. Just gotta iron out the small issues. I'm looking forward to the next race Smile

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:08

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1475
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:33

Intense.

I feel lucky to have just survived, let alone :third:

Didn't play out the way I was hoping (was in the process of closing the gap on Jundt for P3 when he got into the rear of Juha headed down the hill into moss)....I was hammer down, I lifted but had nowhere to go. Made it through, it was CLOSE but I thought I missed David. Sorry for taking your wheel with me, David Jundt. I'd have rather fought for the position than what ended up occurring.

I already had some rear damage from the lead pack of cars all getting together when the leader spun. I was lucky, managed to split the gap, but I was too late getting back in the throttle and the traffic behind me was too close, someone shunted me off into the grass and I touched the wall as well. Just one of those things that happens, but the car wasn't the same after even though I did put down some fast laps with the damage. ...I just wasn't able to push through the corners, and I found that out the hard way while tailing Austin laps later. Little too much throttle exiting the final corner and I did a little face slap of the pit wall. That one hurt too and after that I backed off substantially.

Got comfortable again after relearning when/where/how much to get into power on exit and started making the run on Jundt before all that happened.

...ended up being enough chaos for me. The field had spread and I was in P3. Backed off and decided to just finish it out in the same rhythm I'd spent a ton of time practicing in.
....Of course, after watching the broadcast I see that the one time I became the focal point just had to be the very moment I had a dumb, wheel in the grass spin with nothing around me to challenge me at the time :aie:
That was a real, "you dumbass you" moment...nonetheless, was able to finish it out and retain a podium! I'm happy!

Grats to David and Austin as well. And to all the finishers.

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 6:35

When i tested my Lola in the practice i couldn't imagine to finish such a long race. Very unstable car with the empty tank so very difficult especially on this bumpy track to find the way to get a fast lap. 18th position on the grid was that what i expected. I was surprised when i filled the tank for the race the car become to be stable so i belived for a good race. After the very clean start from everybody i started to move ahead through the field. My goal was to be in top ten but some additional retirement moved me on the sixth place which was great. What more i could wish? Maybe beat Raul whose was very close but with less fuel the car became more and more unstable so i fighted rather with the car than with Raul. Finally have to say HSO did a very good job on this mode. Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 6:50

Austin Ogonoski wrote:

Couple people traction rolled in front of me and it was hilarious.
 I traction rolled to a DNF with 20? laps to go and it kinda sucked! was going pretty slow and careful at the time too. Or so I thought lol

Trouble getting comfortable with the Lola163 in Quali. Just too greedy, so went for a stay out of trouble tortoise strategy in race. Went brilliant for first 15 or so laps. Then a strange error in second from last corner, sideswiped armco near pit entrance, and rejoined track to find my wheel was blown. Limped around for repairs and lost 3+ laps. Spent the rest of race trying to let leaders by and sliding off several times in frustration.

Had RED damaged rear for a while, made the bad decision to fix it for final phase, which led to the traction roll on the now cold tires. 
Consistently inconsistent. Not a good day in the cockpit of my lawnmower.

Martin Lacina, great drive dude! same car right?

Congrats David, Austin, Jason! ...and anyone else that saw the checker
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 7:13

Brian Janik wrote:

Almost the same. I think you had a rear wing. It would be helpfull.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 7:20

Martin Lacina wrote:
Brian Janik wrote:

You both had the same car.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 7:30

Jason White wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Brian Janik wrote:

We both had Lola 163 but James's has a rear wing. Or is it the mistake in 3d model and it doesnt work in physics?
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 8:43

I was quite desperate during qualifying. The car rolled over everywhere. Even at Moss at 120kph. The car was practically undrivable. Shortly before the race, i did a dramatic change in setup. I thought: Well, the car rolls over like crazy, soooo.. how about stiffening the rear roll bar? Very Happy And it worked. Suddenly, the car was really nice. As i got used to the new handling, i had some nice battles. Sadly, Mr. Henrique ruined my race.. in two stages. First, he clipped my rear end and sent me to barriers in Esses. The car got damaged, steering was bent, but it was still drivable. And when i chased him for the second time, he spun in front of me, i couldn't avoid him, lost a wheel and spent 4 minutes in the pits. Anyway, i went on. And i had a blast Wink Actually, i could keep up with cars which were running around P6/7, which is very encouraging. There might even be a potential top10 finish in future. Sadly, with 30 laps to go i lost control while entering T2, touched the curb and landed upside down.

Anyway, as much as i wasn't happy with the car at the beginning, that stiffer rear rollbar transformed it into a beast and i had so much fun! Can't wait for the next race. Grats to all finishers
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 9:39

Gérard Ryon wrote:
Embarassed Désolé Yves,le temps de réagir par une marche arrière.Je roule avec le levier H :conduit: ,je doit pousser sur un bouton,le sélecteur R ne fonctionne plus.Je suis passer par les stands une première fois,pour réparer la roue uniquement,mais mon volant était de travers,un deuxième passage pour la réparation total.Beaucoup de temps perdu.
Bravo au podium. :top:

Pas de problème, Gérard, c'est la course ! :drink:

Quelle puissance, ta BRM ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 9:41

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Grant Riddall wrote:
Bruno, watching the replay I can see you had some trouble down the back straight and was getting out of the way of other drivers.. That's great! But did you have to re-join there? just over the bump? then to stay on the racing line?? going 180 down the back straight I couldn't even see you for a heads up before hand.

My apologies Grant, I did what I could to get out of the front of the other cars. I was hit back and I lost the rear wing and a flat tire. I was just trying to get the car repaired. I'm very sorry about what happened.

It’s alright, at the time I was a bit confused at what happened but the more I think about it, it literally is just a racing incident and these things happen. Just unfortunate that’s all
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 16:23

was pumped to get a last minute ride for the race at my "home" track. knew it would be tough with little preparation, but just wanted to finish. qual went better than expected, and the start of the race was pretty smooth. trying to mind my own business and just run consistent laps, that was paying off till i encountered a big mess in the middle of the back straight, tried to follow the car ahead thru, just about made it but caught a piece of someones front clip and that kicked me to the side right into one of the spun cars. hindsight, i should have slowed more, but maybe that would have got me run over from behind. looked like quite a few cars involved, a shame for an incident on a straight. anyway, was great fun while it lasted.

great job on the start everyone, looked like it was pretty calm and clean! grats to the podium, quite the feat to go the distance this race!

enjoyed the broadcast, great job jonatan!

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 16:40

Having done a full distance now, I gotta give you a thumbs up on the physics. Don't know if its the cars in general or the McLaren in particular that suits me so well, but I really loved racing those cars yesterday. Felt a lot like GPL, just with some more grip and much more ponies. Well done! :top:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 17:04

Martin Lacina wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Brian Janik wrote:

We both had Lola 163 but James's has a rear wing. Or is it the mistake in 3d model and it doesnt work in physics?
No rear wing in physics

It was the problem for me as I practice with wing in BRM before this car became available.
That back straight bump sent the Lola off track every other lap when I first got in it. No matter how gentle I went over, or what I try in set-up, it was always a risk if I didnt coast before top, but rear winged car no prob to stay on throttle beyond the crest. 
In the Race - 1 eventual mistake led to another, Just couldnt remember to chill out for any duration, kept getting greedy thinking I need to catch up, and would lose it at turn-in of the two drop off left handers on several occasions. 
Mostly harmless offs until that damn traction roll. Sudden grip!! 
WTF :bangry: haha. But I would gladly race this car again!!! :yaa:

This is why I offer praise for your drive! Not only steady, but fast!
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 17:51

Peter wrote:
Anyway, as much as i wasn't happy with the car at the beginning, that stiffer rear rollbar transformed it into a beast and i had so much fun! Can't wait for the next race. Grats to all finishers

This. Use it.
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 19:04

What a blast!

I can only imagine what it will be like with this many cars on the even smaller Laguna Seca! There was never a dull moment.

I am super pleased to get my first top 5 on a road course here at HSO.

See everybody at St.-Jovite!
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 19:28

Christian Dauger wrote:
Philippe Henrique wrote:
My apologies to many drivers i've evolved in my crash, Dauger was running slowly, first time he change the lines in front of me!! I spin and many drivers are evolved in this incident, 2 time he slowly again  try overtake him and I lost my car and cause another crash, this time was huge wreck. :doh:  

:antoine: :antoine:  complete frustration,

Désolé pour le moment d'hésitation....pas toujours facile dans ces cas la...1/2 seconde d'incertitude :smil20:
Comme dis Yves, première course ici avec ce Mod et aussi ce circuit pale
Je m'éforce de faire le maximum (quand c'est possible, ça n'est pas à moi de me sortir !!) pour laisser passer et gêner le moins possible.

Sorry for the moment of hesitation .... not always easy in these cases ... 1/2 second of uncertainty: smil20:
As Yves say, first race here with this Mod and also this circuit: pale:
I force myself to do my best (when it's possible, it's not for me to get out!) To let in and hinder as little as possible.

Un petit mot sur la course, quand même Smile  Mon objectif pour cette première course avec vous et avec ce Mod vraiment super était bien sur de terminer...Pas une catastrophe au début mais pas facile avec cette petit Lola...Apres m’être fait pousser 2 ou 3 fois et un arrêt forcé de plus de 3mn aux stands, j' échoue au 57eme tours :smil20:  (sur le dos) 80 tours, c'est long quand même...Surprised
Aller, la suivante, vite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2018 - 22:36

Godspeed, Dan Gurney

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 17:40

Mont Tremblant, same as for TransAm '71?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 17:47

Raul Jereb wrote:

Yes, should be the same track.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 17:52

Jason White wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:

Yes, should be the same track.

Grazie mille ragazz'
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 18:37

Ou peut on trouver cette piste ? (pour gagner un peu de temps Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]   Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Mosport [Jan 14th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next