Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IRL Mod?

Go down 
+3
Timo Vermeersch
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017 - 6:33

Does anyone know if there is a 1997-ish IRL Mod for rFactor. I'm talking the G-Force and Dallara chassis and Infiniti and Oldsmobile Aurora V-8's....
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017 - 13:39

Nope, there was one for F1 Challenge long ago and I don't know if it ever got converted, but I can't even find the F1C nowadays. I wanted to convert it as it is a mostly a one car job, but the model is probably already quite outdated.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:14

Yeah, That's one of the last of the Indy Era's I've always wanted a mod for that we don't have yet. You guys took care of the 80's this last year. Now all that's left is the 97ish IRL, and a Late 60's - Early 70's No-wings Wedge shaped Indy era.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:30

We miss a good early 80s and early 90s mod also. I can tell you that David Sabre had a 1993 one in progress long ago, but it is unfinished and is not one of ou current projects. But who knows in the future ... Cool
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017 - 21:53

The Idt 1994-1995 Indy mod was not too bad, with some setup work on the car, IMO.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 1:08

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
The Idt 1994-1995 Indy mod was not too bad, with some setup work on the car, IMO. Timo

Yep, that mod is very decent and it would be great to see it converted into current platforms. Regarding the original topic - i'm certainly no IRL/Tony George fan. But regardless of the AOWR war,  i don't see any reason to recreate the IRL era into a sim. Sorry, but running at full throttle around cookie cutters in a huge, terribly dangerous and most importantly a pointless pack, when nobody is able to really pass... that's not racing, that's a Russian roulette.
Back to top Go down
Axel Putra
Club Driver
Axel Putra

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2015-03-14

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 6:58

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:
The Idt 1994-1995 Indy mod was not too bad, with some setup work on the car, IMO. Timo

Yep, that mod is very decent and it would be great to see it converted into current platforms. Regarding the original topic - i'm certainly no IRL/Tony George fan. But regardless of the AOWR war,  i don't see any reason to recreate the IRL era into a sim. Sorry, but running at full throttle around cookie cutters in a huge, terribly dangerous and most importantly a pointless pack, when nobody is able to really pass... that's not racing, that's a Russian roulette.

At least there's no fatal injury in sim racing, so why not? I enjoy racing CARTFactor at Texas....
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:30

Axel Putra wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

At least there's no fatal injury in sim racing, so why not? I enjoy racing CARTFactor at Texas....

Exactly, and as a result of having no injury consequence people will do reckless moves and ruin others races. We've seen it before and we will we it again. One or two races isn't bad, but a full season would tire very quickly I imagine
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 12:24

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Yep, that mod is very decent and it would be great to see it converted into current platforms.

It is an rFactor-mod, so still relativelly current. It's an older mod though. Putting the mod up to current standards could already do wonders, I guess.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 12:46

IDTs mod is excellent 3D wise, up to modern standards. The physics are bad however.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 16:55

Yes, very bad.

The fact that they included the 94 cars was mind boggling, to say the least. The differences, handling wise, between the 94 and 95 cars was significant. The same can be said for the few 93 cars that were included in that mod as there was a rule change from 93 to 94 that completely changed the handling of the cars, as well.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017 - 17:07

In 1994 Penske started using the 3rd spring and nobody else knew what was going on. At slow speed they had much better traction than anyone because of being able to use softer springs, whereas at high speed the 3rd spring prevented the car from bottoming out. The rest of teams struggled with their need to have stiff enough springs to prevent bottoming out, which would hurt badly traction at low speeds. The competition was so puzzled they started a witch hunt against Penske claiming he was using a hidden traction control device Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2018 - 3:06

Jason Fitch wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a 1997-ish IRL Mod for rFactor. I'm talking the G-Force and Dallara chassis and Infiniti and Oldsmobile Aurora V-8's....

I know 1996 IRL mod on rfactorcentral but it still WIP now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRL Mod? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRL Mod?   IRL Mod? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRL Mod?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Mods-
Jump to: