Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]

Go down 
+29
Roberto Mello
Philippe Martinelli
Simon Wattman
Jan Kowalski
Brian Janik
John Thim
Florkin Marc
Ole Marius Myrvold
Chris Stephens
Rossetti Paolo
Martin Lacina
David Jundt
Jonatan Acerclinth
François Remmen
Juha Bos
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
David Jaques
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Emmanuel Haas
Jason Whited
Bruno Chacon
Michal Janak
Victor Montenegro
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 10:54

Michal Janak wrote:
since last Cart88 (i was spectating) the blue is only color, lapped cars fights "for position" with cars giving him lap and ruining their battles .  like in real, when there is blue flag, lapped car must make room by readable way, how i can belive to  somene who firstly block (or change sides ) on straight  that he is making room and dont close the door when brake very late to hairpin?

i was in fight for position too, David Jaques  was 6s behind me (on 2nd place) after his pitstop and after these "battles" i was 6s behind him  scratch

If I keep right under braking for the hairpin and take the whole turn on the outside, isn't that readable enough? I can't remember being all over the place on the straights but I'll have another look at the replay to see where I've gone wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 19:34

What happened this weekend! Suspect

I almost didn't have time to test during the week, otherwise my control stopped working, at the same time my hand got worse, everything seemed to go wrong, but the control came back to life and some painkillers resolved i have the chance to do the pole position, and after some modifications I even got to 39.0xx! :D

I could not test a full race, so i got on the track without any strategy and hoping for the best, the tires were behaving well and they were very durable but I had no idea how the car would behave! I took some laps to adapt to the car (lost some braking points with that) and having David in my gearbox, and then I went to Gravel Trap twice and spin once!! I think he went into "economic mode" after getting an advantage until the tragedy of chicane happens! I'm sorry for what happened! Mad

After my stop, I managed to be consistent to control the advantage, but I believe the suspension of David Jackes was damaged plus the worn tires, I was able to open advantage without problems, soon began to save fuel (I think that's where I did it 1.43.xxx), then just take the car to the end!

:champ: :first: Thank you guys, one amazing race to the team and to mine Brazilian friends!

Sooo, no Brazilian anthem for me?Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 20:04

Quite correct, I forgot the anthems.  Much admin duty yesterday.  

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Watch?v=kqAP9c2hJ6k
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 20:21

Victor Montenegro wrote:
soon began to save fuel (I think that's where I did it 1.43.xxx), then just take the car to the end!

Yeah, we noticed...

...when we nearly ran into you while you dropped to the pace of a turtle :doh:

The first car didn't know what you were doing while the other two cars were so close that we were unsighted and nearly ran into you.

I think there are less dangerous ways to save fuel.

A bt aggravating when we had to stop our battle to let you lap us not long before that, then drop the anchor and fall back anyway :smil20:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Ole Marius Myrvold
Club Driver

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 23:04

So, all in all I had a fun time. My front brake exploded and sent me in the wall. However, it was fun, and I am really looking forward to Adelaide.
Hopefully I will be a bit more used to driving one-handed when that race comes. Was quite a lot of one-handed corners here Smile

I also decided to have some fun with livestreaming. Not much action there, but at least there was a lot of action on lap 1, and I avoided it all! Race starts at 11:54
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 23:58

Nice one Ole :top:

Now I see what happened behind me at the start, unlucky Jonatan Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 0:14

Victor Montenegro wrote:

:champ: :first: Thank you guys, one amazing race to the team and to mine Brazilian friends!

Thanks for pushing me off the track ... and ruining my race ...

I do not understand why some drivers think they can drive as if they are alone on the track. Blue flags do not mean that we have to stop on the edge of the track to be overtaken. Just that it is necessary to facilitate the passage of the car which catches up us.

Cars level are different, drivers level too ... I think that it is necessary to be careful when you catch up a late driver and accept to loose some second to overtake in security ... It is not possible to overtake anywhere ...

Being a good driver is not only to align hotlaps alone ...
Back to top Go down
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 2:47

Emmanuel Haas wrote:
Victor Montenegro wrote:

I do not understand why some drivers think they can drive as if they are alone on the track. Blue flags do not mean that we have to stop on the edge of the track to be overtaken. Just that it is necessary to facilitate the passage of the car which catches up us.

Cars level are different, drivers level too ... I think that it is necessary to be careful when you catch up a late driver and accept to loose some second to overtake in security ... It is not possible to overtake anywhere ...

It's true, the difference between the cars is huge, the time difference between mine  and your car on lap 9 was almost 11 seconds PL, and the reaction time is short and it has to be fast, and I did!

In the race I wondered what had happened to you, I even thought I had caused it, but the stranger and I did not touch your car, my car was not damaged, but it bothered me so much that the next lap I went straight in the first corner and almost quit the race!

Sorry, but I can not agree! the driver who will be lapped does not have to trow himself on the wall but it is his obligation to give the pass soon as possible!! The whole race had problems with latecomers, for example there is no problem getting the 2nd to 4th corner ahead because there is no where to go, besides being ultra tight, another thing totally different and getting a complete sector in front of another pilot being 5 to 6 seconds slower!

And even so, mistakes and lack of communication can and do cause accidents constantly, on the previous lap a footwork scared me when was giving me passage where and I didn't expected, I had problems with a Williams that almost throws me out, and with a Benetton who almost rips my nose cone! That difficulty
was natural of that race!

I did not like what happened to you and I would even talk to you in private about this! I hope everything goes well in the next race! pale
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 11:28

Many obstabcle to overcome in the first lap going from 18th on the grid, front parts were flying around and a storming Gerard Ryon nearly cut me off scratch
Over the race my laptimes were getting better even with the tyre condition getting worse and worse (red, 40% at fronts before my pitstop). To hear the TS conversation were quite entertaining during the race, seem to be much drama in the top 10 Smile
In the end I don´t know why Victor let me repass in my "last" lap, so i had to go another lap with Mick. I was not interested in a longer fight, Mick was fast and every lap on my tail. We had a little tap after the chicane (wheelspin under accleration by me so my rear was hit), and he retired because he was still in front of the other lapped cars.

Grats to all finishers. Interesting race
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 21:18

Victor Montenegro wrote:
Emmanuel Haas wrote:
Victor Montenegro wrote:

Sorry, but I can not agree! the driver who will be lapped does not have to trow himself on the wall but it is his obligation to give the pass soon as possible!! The whole race had problems with latecomers, for example there is no problem getting the 2nd to 4th corner ahead because there is no where to go, besides being ultra tight, another thing totally different and getting a complete sector in front of another pilot being 5 to 6 seconds slower!

Okay ... as soon as possible when it is possible without leaving the track or going into the wall ... and it is not necessary to put pressure like this ... I stayed on the line track, on the right, because you tried to pass me, before the corner, by the left, and after, you give a little steering wheel on the right and on my car ... Replay is clear for me ... I lost my left rear wheel and my rear wing ... Race over ...

Perhaps you were surprised by my early braking but my car and my driver level are different of yours ... If I am 10 or 11s behind you in qualifying session, there are some reasons ... If you were more patient, you overtake me nicely in the long straight following ... You lost maximum 1 or 2 seconds ... Sorry to be a bad driver ...

I'm not used to complaining and I waited until the end of the results to talk about it and give my opinion on blue flags because I did not want you to take a penalty for that because it does not change the result of my race.

No more to say ... Just give my opinion ... No problem ... It is the race ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]   Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 15 - Grand Prix of Japan [Nov 12th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4