Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]

Go down 
+28
Ryan Sampsell
Juha Bos
Richard Wilks
Mick Chapman
John Thim
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Scott Urick
Raul Jereb
François Remmen
Grant Riddall
Jacob Fredriksson
Raymond Riddall
Jan Kowalski
Alberto Ibañez
Bruno Chacon
Bob Holada
Lee Simpson
Greg DellaCella
Jason Whited
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Alan Forster2
Jari Bruppacher
Adam Hackman
Martin Lacina
David Sabre
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:32

Alan Forster wrote:
Still can't get link to work? Just a blank page?

Save link as
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:32

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Jason White wrote:
NEW AIW

ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/circuits/2017/CART/Pocono_500.AIW

into GameData\Locations\CART88\Pocono88\Pocono_500 for those who doesn't know Smile

download with right click - Save Link As

BUMP
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

try this
https://mega.nz/#!yFcwDBiY!UZZ8JHJrXGHOZss-C4dzHAChQHJi8mQrG8ex_Cj2Ja4
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:33

A page of text for me. Just select and copy into appropriate file overwriting AIW.
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:34

No need to hurry guys, hanging out with the fans a little while we wait.

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Grab_110
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 19:52

Connection lost. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 20:45

Finished about how I'd expected. pale David Sabre got a run around the outside in T3 and closed the door while there was still substantial overlap with my right-front wheel. I got a lovely inverted view of the scenery before crashing back to earth. :aie:
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 20:55

This was quite a disappointing race. I couldn't hold the speed of most drivers. At least I qualified best out of the other drivers with the same car.
Basically my strategy was to just stay in the race and safe the car, but at some point I brushed the wall and I got airborne.

After the win in Indy this was definitely a disappointing race for me, I hope I can get a ride for Nazareth.

At least I put on a nice show for the fans.

Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 20:59

Dana Schurer wrote:
Finished about how I'd expected. pale David Sabre got a run around the outside in T3 and closed the door while there was still substantial overlap with my right-front wheel. I got a lovely inverted view of the scenery before crashing back to earth. :aie:
I thought that it was going to end sooner as some of those overtakes were real risky, it was only around lap 50. Sorry about the clip but racing like that so early was only going to end in trouble.
I lost it on the exit of T3 later trying to get out of the corner too fast.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 22:17

All i want to say is:

I got blocked, and there was nothing i could do. These cars have mirrors, yet people don't seem to look at them. Or they just dont care. This wasn't the first incident like this in my race. I had the fastest pace out there together with Alberto, yet time and time again people try to race on restarts like if their lives depended on it, with still 150 laps to go.

I feel tempted about doing something about this with the damage, making these cars so sensitive to hits that people would drive scared all the time. But when i see half of the race being ran by 10 cars, i have to ask myself if its even worth it...

One thing is for sure. Oval racing in simracing sucks.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 23:00

Sorry for the late race yellow; my graphics card hiccuped on me Mad
By the time my picture was back I bound for the inside wall.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Oct 2017 - 23:27

Results up; points to follow

EDIT: Points up. Championship is wide open! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 0:04

Phew, what a race. 2nd. I like the sound of that! Smile

Didn't start that well, with having a little emergency action at work, which prevented me from getting out of work at time, so I couldn't join the server for qualifying. Special thanks to night nurse Lisa, who ordered a Four Seasons at the pizza service for me, so I wouldn't go blank into the race Wink

Wasn't all that easy nontheless, the whole week, I never met someone with a competitive car on the server to check the balance in a draft, I had a setup boxed in that felt okay, but I didn't really know what it was worth. Well, off went the first start, and I immediately knew, that one wouldn't cut it. So I wasn't all that unhappy about the stopping of the first start. After the second start, the car felt some better, but not significantly. I had no grip and balance all along the way, I was sliding badly, and I had no real trust in the car. I think, Alan Forster can tell a story about me going fully sideways through T1 affraid I was fighting for 12th at the time and just keeping up. So at the second stop, I made some major changes to the car: one click more wing front and rear, less staggered tires, some pressure changes. And now it clicked! The car was still a handful with full tanks, but as the fuel burned off, the car started to perform. I was on a slightly different strategy than the other cars, who'd stop a the yellow around lap 120 or so, while I stayed out, so its a bit difficult to compare, but my take is, under 50 litres, I was the fastest of the remaining cars finally. There were still some irks in the car, while it was relatively benign when getting close to the limit, I was pretty limited in my lines I could safely drive. Furthermore, I had relatively much wings and thus was maybe a little slow on the straights, and the car would turn in a little to sharp. Most difficult was T1, followed by T2, while T3 was my fave this time (last year in USAC 73, it was exactly the other way around and lost my car in T3).
With the fast cars dropping out one after another, I was slowly washed to the front, and beginning around lap 150, I got a feeling I might be able to finish on the podium. David Jundt was untouchable, but some rough calculations told me, that second was within reach. I was able to time my last pitstop in a way I could top it up and be able to finish the race with about a lap to go, if it would remain green. And exept for David and Alan, I was pretty certain I'd go past all others when they had to drop out for their last stop, or fetch them on track. Then came the second to last yellow, and everything changed, I came back right to the rear of the leaders, and that gave me another opportunity. Around me only Cossie-powered cars, the only other Chevy behind me, my car getting into the window. Aiming for the win didn't seem to unrealistic. Green came out, and I had one of me worse restarts, but could finally fight down Martin Lacina. Boost 4, planning to use war emergency power for the last 4 laps, and while David could move a little away from us, once my tires were warm again, I could keep up with him and even get a little closer. But Martin put some real hard pressure to me, and that showed, I had to go a bit beyond the limits. I brushed the wall once. Twice. Third time's a charme, my suspension took a ding getting out of T2. I took a bit out getting into T3, the car was a bit loose, but it seemed not all that horrid. Two laps to get used to the new feeling of the car, in the meantime, Martin would go past me, but then, once I had adjusted to it, I took P2 again and could hold it, but boy, Martin made that exciting! David was out of reach now, though. Then came the last yellow, and I took a well deserved breath, that should secure the podium. There was a slim chance to sneak past David on the final restart, but he made that very skillful, so I couldn't really do it, and as he fully deserved victory today, it would have been a bit unfair.

Well. Second. :second: My first solo podium. And my first 500 miler I finished without extra repair stops and other disasters. Maybe the good thing today was that my car was actually a bit off pace and forced me to take extreme care. And I had a really good, satisfying fight with Martin. Now I'm exhausted. And happy Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 1:16

Not sure what to say, stunned myself to have :first: my second 500 this season. Together with Jari's victory at Indy, this makes Switzerland taking the Triple Crown Shocked  :champ:  :drink:

To be honest(in my opinion at least), I wasn't one of drivers with outright pace to win(In the end, T3 was tough to get right but I had my fair share of issues with "The Kink" and T1 aswell).

Grant, Albert and Richard seemed to have it, but all of them dropped out.

I mostly hung back and paced myself, not to risk too much. I thus spent the first half of the race somewhere between P6 and P10 I believe. Whenever someone showed he was faster, I didn't fight it and dropped behind said driver(more or less).

I only acted instead of reacted when I felt I had to, like getting slipstream back after losing ground.

I started to get active when more and more of the cars dropped out that had been setting the pace, finally believing in having a shot at winning when Grant retired as I feel like he'd have been the favourite to win this race.

Kinda messed up his slipstream plan with me and understeered, allowing Michael to catch and pass us Embarassed

I also have to apologise to Ray for the contact we had when we were following Jacob, really stupid of me and could've ended badly for both of us :doh:

I think an important point of the race was when I caught up to Martin before I pitted, and managed to break the draft immediately when he left the pits. After that, I really tried to set the times down to build a gap.

After my last stop, during the penultimate caution(when Mick retired), I started saving enough fuel to use boost 5 until the end of the race, which would've been possible even without any more yellows.

Felt a bit unreal to be the one driver to park in the winner's circle. With Jan&Richard C. absent, I was going into the race with the plan to consolidate third in the standings.

Now it's a 3-way battle for the title with 4 races to go! Shocked

Just like with my Michigan victory(which, in all honesty, was a REAL nailbiter up until the last millimeter), I still have to fully process this one and tell myself I really won it.

Gotta thank everyone that congratulated me, and everyone that was part of this event too! :top:

I'll have to re-watch the broadcast to see what I might have missed Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alan Forster2
Club Driver
Alan Forster2

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 2:00

Well done David :top:

If that does end up being my last race here I think thats a good way to end things, no on track issues and a podium finish. :third:

My race was mostly rather boring (in a good way), had only done about 10 laps before joining the race server so was just running my Lola 88 Indy setup with the front wing turned down to 1 which seemed to work ok.

The plan was to just keep out of trouble and look after the car until the end of the race so until the restart with about 15 laps to go I ran boost on 1 the whole way (only used 3% of engine wear the whole race), was hoping I would of been able to do that long green stint in the final third of the race on just 1 stop but wasn't able to save enough fuel so was going to be 5 or 6 laps short so that yellow with about 20 to go gave me a second chance, was on a charge in that final run and may have been able to challenge David for the win but that final yellow ended my chances, frustrating but thats racing.

Only real issue I had was when we had a long run of yellows the shaking about on screen from the bumps was causing me to feel quite dizzy so I was close to having to give up as I was having real troubles concentrating on what was happening, kept pitting to give my eyes a rest which helped a little, under green it wasn't an issue.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 2:28

Would you believe there is a Triple Crown Swiss watch?   Very Happy

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 MW1306RGSUSWW-2
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/product-p/mw1306rgsusww.htm
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 6:30

Richard Wilks wrote:
All i want to say is:

I got blocked, and there was nothing i could do. These cars have mirrors, yet people don't seem to look at them. Or they just dont care. This wasn't the first incident like this in my race. I had the fastest pace out there together with Alberto, yet time and time again people try to race on restarts like if their lives depended on it, with still 150 laps to go.

I feel tempted about doing something about this with the damage, making these cars so sensitive to hits that people would drive scared all the time. But when i see half of the race being ran by 10 cars, i have to ask myself if its even worth it...

One thing is for sure. Oval racing in simracing sucks.

Richard, I am truly sorry for that. And I called it out on the broadcast as soon as I saw you go up, but I wanted to apologize here also.

But I was not blocking. My car was pushing wide and I had to lift to keep it off the wall (where I would have certainly collected you anyway). If you want to grouse about racing on restarts "like if their lives depended on it", let's remember you ran up my ass -- not the other way around.

I'm sorry you went out with such a good car under you.

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 9:58

This was an interesting one. I dreaded the 87C here, but in the end, I felt quite competitive. Before the season began, I hoped that the year-old March would have some subtle qualities that could help it at the big ovals, but none so. But I did my homework with it and got it to a nice place.

That doesn't help much when you lose concentration. After a solid first half, I got a bit of back ache and lost concentration too many times in the second half. I had a couple of HUGE moments in turn 3 when I was just ahead of David, one which I saved, one which I didn't and caused a caution. Sorry about that. I also tagged the wall there, which scewed my car badly. The last 90 laps was like driving a sprint car.

That little damage hurt my competitivenes and I tagged the wall a few more times. The last 10 laps was just about consolidating 6th place, as I had a 3 lap advantage to 7th.

Fun race overall though, and really impressed by the guys in the top 5! Some great underdog performances there!
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 11:30

My engine exploded without warning
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 12:41

Bruno Chacon wrote:

You had the Porsche, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 13:12

Nothing to say really, I just wish to appologise for hitting Bruno on the second start.. This car following and "Driving too slow" messages are deadly combo, specialy after furious first start/restart..

However, it was a rookie error.. there is nothing to say for excuse, except thank you for restarting. Again.

The rest of the so-called-race for me is not worth commentig.. though, thanks for setup help to mr. Urick and one of the Ridalls... those were not usefull for me, but I learn something again, and thats biggest value for me.

:doh:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 13:22

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:

You had the Porsche, right? Wink

Yes.
I saved the car until the 100th lap, the car was great without any problem and when I started to attack, the engine blew. Crying or Very sad Mad affraid
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 13:29

Raul Jereb wrote:
Nothing to say really, I just wish to appologise for hitting Bruno on the second start.. This car following and "Driving too slow" messages are deadly combo, specialy after furious first start/restart..

However, it was a rookie error.. there is nothing to say for excuse, except thank you for restarting. Again.

The rest of the so-called-race for me is not worth commentig.. though, thanks for setup help to mr. Urick and one of the Ridalls... those were not usefull for me, but I learn something again, and thats biggest value for me.

:doh:

No problem Raul, it was a race accident for me. The front car stopped abruptly and I also did not want to hit him and you paid the bill ... hehehe
I was already expecting a troubled race, I had a car that allowed me to turn laps between 46 and 47 seconds without effort and giving way to the fastest ones, to finish the race for me would already be a victory. I still need a lot to run in ovals or tri-ovals.

Another factor that makes me take extreme caution is the ping that I have during races, always above 170.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 13:33

Bruno Chacon wrote:

No problem Raul, it was a race accident for me.

Well, to be honest, it is not something what should have happend to a driver with more than 100 races behind him, and at least 20 oval ones.. Again, thanks for restarting, it would be very unpleasent detail in my racing history Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:10

Jason White wrote:
Would you believe there is a Triple Crown Swiss watch?   Very Happy

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 MW1306RGSUSWW-2
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/product-p/mw1306rgsusww.htm

Nice, you still have my address from the trophy from indy, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next