Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]

Go down 
+27
Lewis Stephens
Javier Pérez Mato
François Remmen
Jan Kowalski
Jason White
Yves Plaçais
Andre Lagunzad
Gui Cramer
Gérard Ryon
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Michal Janak
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Scott Urick
Bruno Chacon
Jason Whited
Matthias Weber
David Jundt
Mick Chapman
Martin Lacina
Emmanuel Haas
Pascal Mikula
Filippo Marazzi
James Knowles
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 18:56

Rage Sad  connection lost

everything was ok
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 18:58

So much fun! But I think I needed a co-driver. Was very interesting to see how the group 5 battle turned out. In the long haul, I was leading the class, and if I would have kept it up I think I could have won. But 3 hours pushing hard is a long time, so eventually I wrecked big time at the top of Radillon. I pushed hard all the time since I didn't think I would have the stamina or even the interest to do 6 hours of racing in one go. In the end, it was a loss of concentration that got me. Lots of fun on the way though, good luck to the rest of the competitors!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 19:11

Argh! Took over the Ford and the moment the timer showed Zero, rF crashed :doh: Thank goodness we got a second iron in the fire. Go Juha, go Jan!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 19:49

Une fois de plus, trahi par les freins au 85ème tour ! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: pourtant réglés à 85% ! Embarassed

Je crois que je vais abandonner le Gr.5, trop frustrant !

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 23:18; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 19:49

Got tagged at the end of the straight on the first lap-then hit a wall, the car (in which I admittedly had very little practice) didn't drive the same since.

Understeered like a pig mid corner, and oversteered on the exit-resulting in many spins and many visits to gravel traps-apologies to Michal Janak and Michael Dreschler for our contacts, and Martin Lacina went intpo a wall trying to avoid my car.

I struggled on-mainly just wanting Raul to have a chance to drive. Despite its damaged state I think he'll do okay with it.

Hate that it was a lousy run, but it just worked out that way...
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:13

After 100 laps the Coxon/Wilks Ford has a 3 second lead over the Mikula/Urick Porsche which is closing in. The second 956 driven by Kowalski, Drechsler and me is a lap down. Titz/Wever in the Rondeau are two laps down and two laps further back are Acerclinth/Jundt/Jacques with the Sauber.

Group 5 has three Lancias on the lead lap, Stephens leading by Chapman and Haas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:16

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Une fois de plus, trahi par les freins ! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: pourtant réglés à 85% ! Embarassed

+1 Suspect

###

Sorry to Gerard, little misunderstanding before Blanchimont, couln't avoid the contact Mad

But please all Group 5 drivers, don't lift throttle or even brake in the middle of the corners or straight afterwards. Had some very dangerous moments because of that. Just drive on your own line, if a Group C Car loses some time behind you, it's their problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:26

Unfortunatelly disco for me for this one. But nice race. Im aware that my internet connection is not for this long races. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:04

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Une fois de plus, trahi par les freins au 91ème tour ! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: pourtant réglés à 85% ! Embarassed

Must be something you are doing Yves as other 935's have finished races.

Sorry it happened though. You was running well
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:08

Scott Urick just retired the #2 956 after ripping a wheel off. Jan Kowalski just unlapped himself in the #1 956 and with 22 laps to go the gap between him and Richard Wilks 2.21. Jan Titz in the Rondeau is now third.

Emmanuel Haas leads Group 5, 2.05 ahead of Mick Chapman.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:09

Richard Coxon wrote:
Must be something you are doing Yves as other 935's have finished races.

Juste rouler à un rythme un peu plus rapide que les autres 935 ! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:11

Rage

Looks like fate said no, yet again in this series, to a finish for me. :bangry:

A very rare connection loss....local issue, we temporarily lost all internet service. ...for about 5 minutes.

Damn....felt like I was having a decent run, all things considered.

Oh well. Completed over 100 laps. Longest stint I've ever done, personally.
A nice challenge and test.

...maybe next time.
:yaa:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:31

Matthias Weber wrote:
But please all Group 5 drivers, don't lift throttle or even brake in the middle of the corners or straight afterwards. Had some very dangerous moments because of that. Just drive on your own line, if a Group C Car loses some time behind you, it's their problem.

+1000000 a couple times i came up on a gr5 car and was planning to follow thru a corner and pass the next straight (since the corner speeds are actually very similar), but had the car infront brake early/extra on line and had to swerve to avoid. i realize they are trying to be helpful/nice, but never try to let someone by when the cars are on the same line, only when someone is either staggered to the side or along side is it a good idea to lift early or brake extra. i would much rather follow a car thru a corner and loose a bit of time then having a close call. that said, a couple gr6 cars were really aggressive with their lapping so maybe the gr5 cars were just expecting all the gr6 to be like that, when none should be.

Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:38

Oh no!!!! Connection lost again
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:40

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Oh no!!!! Connection lost again

Ah, dommage, Bruno ! pale
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:45

James Knowles wrote:
, and Martin Lacina went into a wall trying to avoid my car.
Its the race i was in bad time on the bad place. The worse thing is my disconnection.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:11

Sortry to P956 (Mikula) we hit when i want let you go but my LF brake went off just in this braking, then m,any laps disaster trying fix in pits but no fix, i tryed do next laps , it was wery hard but when 2nd front brake went off it was much better, so i got 9th place overal
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:18

Results are up; points will follow shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:26

Tough race. Especially the last stint with 956 was brutal. Pushed 51 laps and nearly still get the C100. Great race by them. I lost too much with 2 spins at turn 1 (+6s min.) and one behind Richard, so there were the +10s in the end at the finish. But lapping in 2.17-2.18s was very risky, so i was happy not to crash the like at Portland.

The lapping was good this time (for me), some confusing situations with cars not getting off the racing line, but its really difficult with these different groups. Nobody was hurt, well then. Had a little misunderstanding with Jason Whited. You made the right thing by going left at braking zone for the Bus stop, so it was my fault.

Congrats to Richard and Richard, and all finishers. And thanks for the great team (Juha and Michael) :champ: , useful information every lap, couldnt get answers as quickly as you were calculating, too busy with the wheel. Too bad the game crashed during the swap with Michael for his stint with the C100.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:30

DQ me......wrong engine.....TWIT
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:38

Gnaaaah... :doh:

That 10 seconds I lost when I went into the gravel @ Rivage early on, and the time lost when I was collected by James, and how that incident completely threw me out of my rhythm Sad :smil20:

Excellent job by Richard & Richard though and congratulations. Fast and steady, you sure showed what's possible with that car! :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:39

Mick Chapman wrote:
DQ me......wrong engine.....TWIT

OH NO!   :doh:  Man, that's too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:42

Unlucky Mick, you drove well.

Thank you for being honest with us.

That was probably the best win of my sim racing career. Was great to keep the Ford up with the Porsches at the beginning.

Thanks to my teammate for bringing it home and withstanding that much pressure.

Unlucky Jan, Juha and Michael, you drove a great comeback, same goes for Pascal and Scott. Very unlucky guys.

Thanks for all the kind words  :drink: :champ: :first:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:53

Richard Coxon wrote:
Unlucky Mick, you drove well.

Thank you for being honest with us.

That was probably the best win of my sim racing career. Was great to keep the Ford up with the Porsches at the beginning.

Thanks to my teammate for bringing it home and withstanding that much pressure.

Unlucky Jan, Juha and Michael, you drove a great comeback, same goes for Pascal and Scott. Very unlucky guys.

Thanks for all the kind words  :drink: :champ: :first:

cheers :first: :top: :top:
Grats team Richard!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:56

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Congrats to Richard and Richard, and all finishers. And thanks for the great team (Juha and Michael)  :champ: , useful information every lap, couldnt get answers as quickly as you were calculating, too busy with the wheel. Too bad the game crashed during the swap with Michael for his stint with the C100.

Thanks Jan. I have to do something to justify my place in this team because my lap times are on a different planet compared to yours. :D It was great working with you two. The Ford could have had a nice result but it wasn't to be.

I started with the Ford and got damage on lap 1 when someone sent a Lancia into my side. After that I spun at Stavelot and lost confidence so dropped the rythm and waited for my stint to end.

The Porsche was more fun. I reckoned I could catch Scott Urick but I wasn't making much of an impression despite setting the fastest laps I set all week with the race setup. Jan took over and showed how it should be done, just missing out on the win.

Congratulations to all finishers and the Richards on the win. Second place means more useful points, but there's a trend showing and I don't really like it.

Monza 6 Hours: 2nd by 0.9 seconds
F1 Hockenheim: 2nd 0.6 seconds
Spa 1000 km: 2nd by 10.9 seconds

I think I'll have to change my name to Barichello soon. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Spa [Jul 16th]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next