For the remainder of the CART series, we will be taking steps to minimize unnecessary full course yellows. The following rules will now be observed:
- A driver causing two yellows during a race due to stupid driving will receive a one-race suspension.
- A driver causing three or more yellows during a race will receive a one-race suspension regardless of the circumstances.
The admins define "stupid driving" as:
- Failing to be mindful of the other competitors around you
- Taking unnecessary risks, especially on lap 1 or on restarts
- Desperate overtaking maneuvers (e.g. "divebomb" or "kamikaze" tactics)