Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]

Go down 
+19
Philippe Martinelli
Matthias Weber
Oyvind Andersen
Petr Hlavac
Honza Mild
Pascal Mikula
Jan Titz
Miroslav Havlík
Franck Dechavanne
David Sabre
Dylan Canton
Matthew Hull
Dave Simmons
Raymond Riddall
Peter Blom
Jukka Närhi
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jun 2017 - 19:57

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Franck Dechavanne
Rookie
Franck Dechavanne

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 14:47

Sorry for pulling out this late, but I still haven't recovered from watching LM24 and I'd just be a hazard Sad Shame because I quite like Donington.

Will try to come for the last race of the season tho
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 15:38

The broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzBxh0xta0o

Cheers and apologies for any misstakes I've made, as per the usual Embarassed

And I hope you'll enjoy it, remember the caffuffle that was Round 1 for some of our participants and this could promise to be another round of joy and heartache all rolled into one event :hihi:

:drink:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 16:27

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 16:32

FYI, the hotlap page does not appear to be updating improved times and new drivers from Round 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 18:35

Server is set.

Qualifying in 60 mins  :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 20:30

Pfouu, c'est la canicule ici, trop trop chaud pour rouler ! pale Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 20:35

Server for race 2 is up.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:16

YYYY SHIT my internet went down to the start line for race 2
Now I'm just unhappy Smile
I want to take a bottle of liquor now Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:29

Well...... Mikula-luck, what else?

First of all, thanks a lot to Miroslav Havlik, your setup for the Peugeot was absolutely wonderful.

Sooo, race 1:
 - Had a mediocre start, crashed at the anti-cut, had the time of my life catching up on 10th place and just missing it by a mere 3 seconds.

Race 2:
- Wonderful qualifying, even better start, then all of a sudden I get a bump up my backside from R. Wilks which sent me flying over the grass and into his door. Sorry for that.
- I caught up and managed to get my 5th place back after that. But at the hairpin, apparently R. Wilks (again, hi!) touched Petr Hlavac and that meant that I, the one who wasn't involved in that one at all, got my car overturned and had to retire. Cheers for that!
Understandably, I'm gutted right now. I'm finally in a good position for valuable points and then this happens. Absolutely great.
Well, seems like my infamous luck strikes again. I can call myself "Pechvogel" already then..
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:46

Sorry Pascal that you you were an innocent victim of mine and Peter mishap. Crying or Very sad

As for my  races, well lot's of door to door banging, but i wasnt very focused this evening, and i think my laptimes suffered with that.

Still, typical BTCC action Smile
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:52

Race 1: Steering wheel FF went mad so couldn't set a fast time and started near last. I charged towards the points places and had Oyvind's 10th place in sight when I missed my brake marker at Redgate at rectified yet another Mondeo. I don't think they'll want me back next year. :rigol:

Race 2 was a lot better and soon enough I was inside the top 10. I had a nice duel with Dave Simmons who was driving more efficiently than I did and left me behind. After that I trailed the pack fighting for the 5th place but I couldn't get close enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 21:58

Firstly thank you to Matt for agreeing to swap cars with me Smile

I feel the Vectra was a tough car to step up to a works entry. It definitely wasnt as stable as the Cav! Bucking Bronco. Thanks to a few of the guys for some set ups and advice.

Q couldnt quite match my PB in either qualis.

R1 6th
R1 6th

Some nice battles in both races and i enjoyed driving from the back to 6th in race 2 after i was eased out wide onto the grass/gravel in L1 T1. Ray, Jukka and Juha! lovely driving and battling. Juha it has been a pleasure battling with you all season! I think i nudged a bmw once or twice under braking but held back a bit to not gain advantage.Without the off in R2 i think i could have battled for 5th.

That was my last round as i am on holiday next time out. So thank you to Richard and the admin staff for the Mod and the league, even though its only Privateer cup its nice to win something. Thanks to all fellow racers its been clean and fair battling with you. Thanks to Jonatan for donating his time to the broadcasts! theyre amazing and well informed!

Thanks all Smile
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:00

I cooked my left-side tyres after 6 laps in race 1, had enough work in keeping the car on the track after that, considering it didn't handle very well to begin with :hum: So I knew to take it easy in race 2 and it paid off, to an extent anyway. Had a couple mysterious half-spins along the way but I managed the tyres a bit better this time and didn't have to fight the Vectra too much.

Ray, sorry for punting you twice in race 2. I was too close to react when Pascal rolled his car, I think I knocked your rear wing off there. The second one was my own fault; the car got away from me under braking Embarassed

Apart from trying to finish, I didn't set myself any goals. Gotta be happy with two points-scoring finishes Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:12

Was pretty happy with my pace in the new Cavalier. Solid first quali, close stuff at the back. Disastrous start, but kept myself pretty close to the rest. Unfortunately a lapped car fought me a bit, ended with us both in the gravel at T1. Fell back to about 10 secs off the rest, decided to go hell for leather and stupidly flipped it at the chicane with 3 to go.

Everyone got a hell of a lot faster in Q2, nowhere near as close. Sluggish start once again, but kept within a second or so with the rest of the field until my controller disconnected under braking at T1, thankfully nobody was hit.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:15

Thanks for the show tonight everyone Smile

Congratulations to both Peter and Dave for your championships (as it's very clear now that both of you have won the championships) What a Face

And here is the broadcast, I hope that you all enjoy it :drink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzBxh0xta0o
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:24

Points and results are up.  :flag:

Congratulations to Peter Blom and to Honda for winning the drivers, manufacturers and teams championship  :drink:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:58

Richard Coxon wrote:
Points and results are up.  :flag:

Congratulations to Peter Blom and to Honda for winning the drivers, manufacturers and teams championship  :drink:

Hey thx Richard! Finaly some good news for Honda..albeit very small :jp:

Had two great races. In both of them I managed to pass Jan early in the race. Second race I threw a dummy at Jan and after that he outbraked himself, was a pleasure to pass him like that :D

No trouble winning both of them.

Thx HSO admins for organising and thx Jonathan for the commentary! Funny moment: in the first race you missed the overtake on Jan and for some moments you thought Richard Wilks was me! Tough job doing a commentary on your own! Reminded me a bit of Murray Walker when he had a confusing moment Razz
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 23:14

Peter Blom wrote:
Thx HSO admins for organising and thx Jonathan for the commentary! Funny moment: in the first race you missed the overtake on Jan and for some moments you thought Richard Wilks was me! Tough job doing a commentary on your own! Reminded me a bit of Murray Walker when he had a confusing moment Razz

"Hell hath no fury like a woman rammed" - Murray Walker in Round 2 in 1991 after Jonathan Palmer had sent both himself and Nettan Lindgren off :doh: the track at Snetterton What a Face

"That car ahead is a Renault and it's completely unique apart from the car right behind it" :hihi:

"Oh, and Tarquini is going off!" - "Bleeped out completely due to Tarquinis words behind used was not suited for those watching heard through the onboard camera" - "And that's Italian Road-rage" - Murray Walker in Round 9 when Tarquini went off at Lodge at Oulton in 1997 Twisted Evil

"The Toyota's has both gone by Cleland and heading towards Westfield two wide... And they're off, both of them off! Boom, bang! I don't think the Toyota team will be happy with that..." Murray in 1992 at Brands Hatch GP, I believe Round 2 or 3 :D

And yes, I've watched a bit of BTCC in my days :chinois: :hihi: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017 - 23:28

The best one was a very short one: "I'm going for first says John Cleland." lol!

"The car upside down is a Toyota!" - Julian Bailey taking out Will Hoy at Silverstone.

"aargh I'm off at Paddock - yes John we know you're off at paddock." John Cleland into the gravel, location quite obvious. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017 - 9:32

I am very sorry guys for my absent. In our minitown we will have big celebration of establishment of the city, and i am part of the realisation team. We had many troubles yesterday and i came home + - 22,00 and fell into sleep. Sorry!
So fight at the Independent class will be at last race very interesting, of course if I will be able to start, because i think that i broke the rules (2 race absent).
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017 - 9:45

You're fine to race Honza. See you at Brands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]   Round 12 -  Donington Park GP [Jun 21st] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Donington Park GP [Jun 21st]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2