Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED

Go down 
+29
Petr Hlavac
Raymond Riddall
Greg DellaCella
David Jaques
Steve Parker
Grant Riddall
Michael Drechsler
Lee Simpson
David Jundt
François Remmen
Adam Hackman
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Bruno Chacon
Bob Holada
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Peter Blom
Richard Coxon
Matthew Hull
Yves Plaçais
Martin Lacina
Rob Swindells
Juha Bos
Dana Schurer
Pascal Mikula
Jason Fitch
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 11:25

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:
Matthew Hull wrote:
If you can't see the field or have lag due to your internet, you shouldn't be racing. Simple as. Absolutely farcical, got plowed into in the middle of a caution twice by Chacon!!! The second of which ended the race for about 7 of the field.

Pay attention Matthew Hull, because my car was not damaged any time and for me, I did not hit anyone. You sure it was me that hit you?
You were leaving a queue behind me.
Bruno: You did run into my car twice or even three times on the initial start, you didn't keep up with the line when we tried to do our pace laps, you crashed a hell of a lot during the race attempts. I'm not sure what caused that massive hit onto my rear in the last attempt, I think it was DellaCella rushing into Hull and then me, but if it was you, you really should overthink your driving under yellow. Just saying.
I hope this race doesn't get cancelled in total though, as Richard said, it's the biggest frickin race at HSO all year, so pray for the best.

My apologies Pascal. I tried to be as cautious as possible because I did not see the other cars and tried to move to the end of the grid. None of the times you said I hit, my car did not show any damage and I just did not see your car.
My ping to the US at the time of the race was 48. My internet was steady and consistent and in the other 4 races I attended at HSO, I never had any problems with lag.
One more time, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 12:05

If you couldn't see cars Bruno, didn't part of you go, "This is dangerous, i cant see anyone, i should leave the track"?

Especially after about 5 restarts.

The people who suffered these (No cars) issues, it is on them to make the safest call for all. Not just drive around and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 12:32

Richard Coxon wrote:
If you couldn't see cars Bruno, didn't part of you go, "This is dangerous, i cant see anyone, i should leave the track"?

Especially after about 5 restarts.

The people who suffered these (No cars) issues, it is on them to make the safest call for all. Not just drive around and hope for the best.

Richard, of the 5 restarts, in 2 I saw all the cars.
My apologies for my insistence.
I trained extensively throughout the week, making about 500 laps and it's hard to give up a race like that.
I have put the HSO races as top priority. Should I abandon the races at HSO?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 12:48

No one wants people to abandon HSO, we just want people to think of others instead of just themselves.

I'm positive too though that some of the cars you hit (and the others drivers hit who had the same issues) put in just as much practice as you.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 12:50

Richard Coxon wrote:
No one wants people to abandon HSO, we just want people to think of others instead of just themselves.

I'm positive too though that some of the cars you hit (and the others drivers hit who had the same issues) put in just as much practice as you.

Before the start, I did all the start procedures promoted by Jason White without any problem, we had more than 30 riders on the track.
I only started having problems after the second start.
The race was restarted by problems of starting from the pilots until then, everything was normal for me and after that, the server did not maintain the stability that had been maintained.
Many were having the same problems that I was facing.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:13

We know other drivers were having issues. No one is just saying only you had issues. But the majority were okay. Only 5 people reported no cars, Alan F, Jan K, Yourself, Phillipe H and Lee S obviously had the issue as he plowed into several cars.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:20

Richard Coxon wrote:
We know other drivers were having issues. No one is just saying only you had issues. But the majority were okay. Only 5 people reported no cars, Alan F, Jan K, Yourself, Phillipe H and Lee S obviously had the issue as he plowed into several cars.

Yeah, I encountered same problem on last start.
And I was not continueing with hope of not hit somebody, but with hope that the problem will be solved somehow.. And it was better after few laps, but not gone completely...

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:22

It probably got better due to cars retiring and leaving the server.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:22

Richard Coxon wrote:
It probably got better due to cars retiring and leaving the server.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:28

Could reducing the number of visible cars have an effect on this? Or am I simplifying it too much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:36

Juha Bos wrote:
Could reducing the number of visible cars have an effect on this? Or am I simplifying it too much?

TBH I dont think so. I have 10 cars visible, and still encountered dissapearing.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:36

Reducing graphic details will always help, using the 4gb patch will too. We advised people struggling to lower them, but either they lowered them and still had issues or they didn't change anything.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 13:42

Sometimes, going lower is contra-productive.

Like if a mod wasn't made to run with lowest graphics or you try running the game in DX7 for example.

So I am not sure how much it would help.

For which graphic levels was the mod made? Does it support kinda all settings?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 15:00

There are three different things that can cause the lag:

1) Your own computer suffering a frame rate hit. You can help that reducing graphic levels, number of visible vehicles, etc. If your own computer stutters, it will not rely in time your position to the server and receive in time the one from other cars. Positions will be updated slugishly and prone to collisions.

2) The server suffering stutter, but that is unlikely to be due to graphics because it is not displaying any graphics at all (It might not even have a graphics card, for the matter IIRC) but just running the game tracking the positions of everyone, receiving updates from you and sending you updates about the positions of the rest.

3) The internet connection on your end or on the server not allowing the information to flow properly.

If you are suffering 1) or 3), then you might have a small ping from others but your PC is struggling to keep up with the graphics and therefore will not update the positions (and yours) in time, causing crashes and yellow flags when the server believes you were standing stopped in the track.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 17:07

Ben Paulet wrote:
Just to be clear, I didn't forget to pit, there was a misunderstanding about numbers of formation laps that I had to do in order to let enough time to drivers who got a penality, to purge it and join back their rows before the green flag.

Nobody is blaming you Ben, what happened with you is one of those things you look back on and have a good chuckle. In all actuality, your miscommunication might be what saved us.

The lag issues, though they were only affecting a small number of people were most likely server side, the fact that the TS server was suffering horrible lag for everyone is proof of that. My take is that the delay's that were incurred after the first botched start saved the race from having the lag issues strike during the actual race, which would've created bigger problems and even WORSE hurt feelings.

That said, Yves is correct, if the formation lap begins and you're the only one on track, then you need to get rolling smoothly and pull down to the inside of the track out of the way, NOT continue around on the racing surface, and certainly not on the racing surface at near race speeds. Twice I watched Alan come flying through the field body slamming people left and right. I realize you couldn't see anybody and didn't know you were doing that, but we were all doing 100mph and you were easily going 150.

Pretty much everyone, I would hope, put in a lot of time and effort for this race and no one wants to be forced to not race for ANY reason, especially when you have a car fully capable of winning. But sometimes, as Yves also said, you have to bite the bullet and leave for the greater good of everyone else. I crashed out for no apparent reason, on my end, way to early. I was pissed. I was running along behind Dana deciding where I wanted to try and make a move on her(giggity(sorry)) when I was suddenly looking at the sky, then as I'm sliding on my roof down the front stretch with cars coming at me, I hit Esc and I Get the server message "Vehicles must be stopped to exit in Multiplayer" So I was now pissed that I was out and even more pissed that I was potentially facing Post-race penalities for not exiting fast enough. There was no reason for me to have had that blowover, on my end at least, I was practically in the middle of the track, again, on my end. Afterwards I asked a few people, ALL of them said I brushed the wall, I didn't see it or feel it on my end, but I'm taking their word for it.

TL:DR Ben it's not your fault, Yves is right in his post, let's all switch gears and get ready for Milwaukee.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 17:53

so there will be a new date to rerun indy this year yes?

some techincal stuff

this track made by jp is a real masterpiece but , ( damn ) its textures it uses are so heavy(some of them uses 4096 pixels or even higher!) on mods it requires automaticly a high end pc
and by  respect to his marvelous work  we dont touch it , but im sure it would help to downscale some of them along with a new skybox to replace the sprl skybox

also the build of the track uses a seperated gmt folder with all mas files in it , should be all packed in 1 mas file to reduce loading and increase speed loading time during the race itself
so 30cars visible is much faster to load for example asside the track textures

but again last year we used the same track only in 73 layout, however the track itself remains the same so why not used the 73 aiw, also what i cannot figger out is  there is no racing groove visible wich help the cornering judgment

last year this event  was ok if i remember correctly

ok well  just had a goodnight sleep even with half L black coffee :D
indeed move on now but im always ready if you guys reconsider some tryouts with this track if only JP allows it

cheers
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 18:03

Ok, le lag est problèmatique pour les pilotes qui en sont victimes.

Par contre, il faut absolument ne pas piloter comme si on était tout seul, mais au contraire comme s'il y avait des voitures partout !

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Mon 22 May 2017 - 20:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 18:35

Ta vidéo est privée, on ne peut pas la regarder, Yves. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2017 - 20:53

Ben Paulet wrote:
Ta vidéo est privée, on ne peut pas la regarder, Yves. Wink

Ce doit être bon, maintenant ! Merci , Ben ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED   Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Indianapolis 500 [May 21st] POSTPONED
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6