Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]

Go down 
+38
Simon Wattman
Ben Paulet
Richard Coxon
Grant Riddall
Greg Hunt
Bruno Chacon
Paulo Rodrigues
Juha Bos
Chris Stephens
Brian Janik
Steve Parker
Raymond Riddall
Rob Swindells
Gérard Ryon
Cláudio Augusto
Rossetti Paolo
Didier Conjeaud
Sebastian Vignone
Florkin Marc
Jan Kowalski
Vincent Beretta
François Remmen
David Jundt
Matthew Hull
Michal Janak
David Jaques
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
Petr Hlavac
Alex Riolo
Karel Marciniszyn
Ludovic Tiengou
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Jonatan Acerclinth
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Yves Plaçais
Jason White
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 23:04

Results and points are up

ANTHEMS

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 23:27

So gutted I crashed so early. Car was feeling really good, but the rear over took me coming out of the esses. Congrats to David on another fine victory.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 23:52

So after very work done in testing and finding setup the time spent finaly payof,

after ot satisfiing Qualifying i found good setup for the race start was better than in other races lost only one position because i didn want risk so much, Raul was vera hard in T1 so i let him by and preapare to take position back later i prepared situation for pas but he spun on T3 so i got back to 3rd, than i slowly shortened the gap to Mick. in abou half of the race i had planed pitstop so i call pits but right in the esses i dont kow why spun off track and hit barriers Rolling Eyes , the suspension was bent but dont know how much, i lost many seconds then and in pits was too slow because i thinked if do the car reairs or not, finaly opted to dont repair . After pits the car was unpredictable in left to right changes, some kind of hystereze in turning so the times are worse than i had from pre race tests after tyres change, after abiut 10 laps i accomodate to cripled car an gain some time to cars on 4th and 3rd place, it was wery hard and bacmakers sometimes cost some gained time but finaly i past for my final 3rd position, this was maybe my best race here because finaly got positions i fights on track and it is my 2nd podium here on superb place for racing HSO

THX to admins and all preaparing stuff for us and the live coverage too :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 0:00

Didier Conjeaud: congrats to good race result :top:
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 0:09

Felt good to get my 1st race under my belt. Was nervous before the start and had no idea on what tire choice to make. I was hoping to be able to log a bunch of laps, and show the guys I can be trusted out on the track in traffic. Well I managed 38 laps before the engine expired. Not sure why as engine temps were always decent, must have had too much boost I guess. Think I accomplished the latter only had 2 moments that I recall, one was when I tried to take advantage of an opening when Karel let a faster car thru and car jumped sideways on me entering the turn. No damage to me and I hope no damage to Karel as well. Other than that I hope I did a good job getting out of the way, although I'm sure I spooked Dave J once thru the esses. All in all lots of fun and hope I can get on the grid again.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 0:56

Well.... WOW.... What a race Shocked

Practice:

Got my feet in quite early as I had a good idea of what I wanted from the car. Went in early, got a race setup I really liked put together and then it was time to get working on a Qualifying setup Suspect

Did my best to get a setup together that would work in Qualifying but really struggled.

Qualifying:

Came into the 1st session feeling pretty unsure of what I would be able to produce and my 1st 2 attempts was dissapointing but on my final 2 lap run (as I had span on my 1st try) I pulled a rabbit out of the hat by getting a 19.1 down, no idea where it came from as the setup had only been good for 19.9's when I was working on it.

The 2nd session I tried drastic things to get some speed but in the end it was impossible.

Was very, very surprised to see that I made the grid but am very happy that I managed to do so as the race was a great deal of fun.

Race:

The start was a very cautious affair. Got up a couple of positions but then ended up having to avoid Didier who had a bit of trouble getting the power down coming out of Turn 3 and so lost the positions I had gained.

Thankfully Chris was very curtious and let me by without too much of a fight (Congrats on making the grid mate, was great to see  :drink:  ) and then spent a few laps behind Didiers' Ferrari (how come we always meet in the F1 series? Laughing ) and finally he cracked under the preassure going through the esses and I could sneak by.

In the meantime some guys had retired and I was now in the top 20's sitting behind Steve Parker and Alex Riolo with someone else in the mix as well, sorry but with my cold-ridden mind I can't remember who it was.

Spent a few laps behind Steve as well before I could make my way by.

A few laps later I had caught up to Alex and he was clearly going to make it a much harder time for me to get by. Alex clearly had better top speed but I had a good 5 kph cornering speed in the esses and probably 10-15 kph on the last 2 ones but the dirty air was costing me some speed and momentum.
In the end I was getting a little bit frustrated (as could be seen on the broadcast with me looking up the insides anywhere I could possible place my car between his Ligier and the cerbs) but I was unable to make it by.
In the end it took David lapping us, I tried to get a run on using the draft from Davids' car but I couldn't get close enough but then Alex made a misstake exiting Turn 3 and then again at Turn 4, so I tried to make a cut-back move at Turn 5.
I honestly don't know if we touched or not, I couldn't see or feel if we did or not so went with it, sorry Alex if we did touch Sad

Was a nice battle with Alex but I was very relieved to get by as Didier had been catching up to us.

Had quite a few laps running on my own from then on to Lap 45 or so when Brian came up from far behind and I quickly realized I probably wouldn't be able to hold on but I gave it a small go in T1-3 but Brian just powered by on the short shoot to Turn 4 :aie:

Around this time I also realized that my tires were shot as Didier and Bruno was catching me by over 2 seconds a lap so on Lap 48 or so I dove for the pits and came out right in the front of the duo, having to defend into Turn 1.
The rest of the race was a hectic time as I tried to apply as much speed as I dared (did my PB race lap around here, a 21.6, previous best was a 23.0 :hihi: ) without making misstakes and with a few lapping working to my advantage, I was able to hold them off although it was close, .4 of a second going out of the T7 hairpin on the last lap.

I'm really happy to score another top 10, and not entirely due to attrition, as I were able to fight with several people during the race and have really good fun.

Thank you to everyone I had fights with, sorry to anyone who felt I held them up at some point (not the easiest track of the season to let people by) and to the broadcast and admin staff for putting it all together Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 3108518133 :drink:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 1:15

My plan to nab the FL near the end failed, even with the softest possible race tyre Shocked

But after Michal had caught me(if your Ferrari was going that fast with damage, I don't want to know how it would have been without Razz ), I decided to pit anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 2:47

Wanted to share a great mid-pack moment, as its not easy for Broadcast team to catch everything.

Yves Plaçais wrote:

Et puis, j'ai réussi mon dépassement de l'année : avec !'aspi, trois d'un coup au freinage !

Start of lap 3. Ray Riddall (Brabham) ahead of Gabriele Del Piccolo (Larrousse) Me (Minardi) and Yves Plaçais (Brabham) after turn 2 the order is completely reversed.
And due to mostly common sense, we all went on with ZERO damage. Thanks guys, highlight of the race for me.

https://youtu.be/04fAv9-TF9A
Check it out!!

:conduit: affraid Arrow cheers
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 5:57

great race everyone, what a tough track, i certainly had my hands full. really enjoyed the challenge of the bumps, really made it interesting, and gave the track character.

had a miracle start, and reasonably solid set to lean on, the key for me being making the tires last. timing really worked out, and managed to stop for tires without loosing my spot. a couple times i had some close moments, many times, small moments, but the car was "saveable" which allowed me to manage.

grats to mick, on another fantastic 2nd place, michal a great podium and special congrats for the best looking car (looked like it was handling well and you were driving smooth). DJ another stellar guest drive, gerard and francois nice return to points finishes.

Chris Stephens wrote:
... Well I managed 38 laps before the engine expired. Not sure why as engine temps were always decent, must have had too much boost I guess... Other than that I hope I did a good job getting out of the way, although I'm sure I spooked Dave J once thru the esses. ...

engine wear is a function of 2 things, temperature, and rpms. the guide suggests 3 clicks down from max rev limit for race, i've been going 4 or 5 down for race. accidental touches of the rev limiter during shifts will really kill the engine unless the max rev limit is reduced.

no worries on any lapping situation. i think i recall the moment where you "spooked" me, but you did nothing wrong. i had a moment of indecision, but your driving then made it clear, and i just locked a bit adjusting my line. you did exactly right, and at no point did i have any issue with your driving. for the most part i was fighting my car, and a little tire smoke was nothing out of the norm ;P

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 7:52

Sorry to the too late warning. But i've got a small health issue which kept me away from my computer. Could'nt warn you before that I wasn't able to race yesterday.
My apologies
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 9:11

Brian Janik wrote:

Start of lap 3. Ray Riddall (Brabham) ahead of Gabriele Del Piccolo (Larrousse) Me (Minardi) and Yves Plaçais (Brabham) after turn 2 the order is completely reversed.
And due to mostly common sense, we all went on with ZERO damage. Thanks guys, highlight of the race for me.

https://youtu.be/04fAv9-TF9A
Check it out!!

:conduit: affraid Arrow cheers

affraid Shocked geek :top: :D :clap: :drink:

Merci, Brain, d'avoir retrouvé cette séquence ! :banane:

edit : BRIAN ! :D Merci Frank d'avoir bien vu le lapsus révélateur !

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 9:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 9:19

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Merci, Brain, d'avoir retrouvé cette séquence ! :banane:

If he's "Brain" then on this one you definitely are "Balls" lol! ! Nice one mate :top:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 10:41

Combination of horrible track (Mexico) and horrible driver (me) and finally finish the race!!! :-) Thank you for organizing the series.

I have to say that based on Modena experience I focus simply on qualification and it was a mistake. Lotus is great car and I think I am and will be able to qualify on any track so I have to focus more on race settings.

On the other hand staying on track with full tank and the settings I have was kind of a challenge for. Especially the fact that there was continuous traffic around me make´s it even more challenging. As I found out that I am not competitive I tried to let the leading-lap-guys as smoothly as possible. I hope I dd not make any problems to faster drivers.

As usual I checked the live stream and run it again from the beginning, professional stuff! I hope you will not switch to BBC F1 streams as it is not as fun as HSO Smile
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 11:03

Had a good start, and ended in lap 1 spin. Really unfortunate. But i was happy to start the race with my injured hand. Seems to be well again after missing Q2 because of that.
Mexico was not a good track for the Leyton House. Bumps and high curbs were difficult for the car balance.

Grats to all finishers, and Michal Janak for his podium :clap: You´re getting faster and faster. Hope you get it together next time in qualifying. And I think you´re getting the new Ferrari for the French GP?
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 12:48

Chris Stephens wrote:
Felt good to get my 1st race under my belt. Was nervous before the start and had no idea on what tire choice to make. I was hoping to be able to log a bunch of laps, and show the guys I can be trusted out on the track in traffic. Well I managed 38 laps before the engine expired. Not sure why as engine temps were always decent, must have had too much boost I guess. Think I accomplished the latter only had 2 moments that I recall, one was when I tried to take advantage of an opening when Karel let a faster car thru and car jumped sideways on me entering the turn. No damage to me and I hope no damage to Karel as well. Other than that I hope I did a good job getting out of the way, although I'm sure I spooked Dave J once thru the esses. All in all lots of fun and hope I can get on the grid again.

Hello Chris, I think I remember that situation, I was not well established before the turn based on the circumstances with the fast car and unusual line. I hope I did not do any harm to you. On the other hand...those were the situations that make it even more interesting to stay on track Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 17:14

we all excelled last night i think , great racing and superb broadcast with Alberto in top form
of technical explanations
only 1 error he made its NOT PARABOLICA but PERALTA lol! :D :D :D
at monza you can shout that name over and over again :D

most interesting to see  different car performance on this track which  combined chassis setup and driver skills even more, yes those bumbs... lol
realy enjoyed watch you all attacking this track, find it always abit dull in the past but now it has some extra bite to keep you challenged for future events

i was abit surprised some great drivers here suffer abit more then in training cause hoping for great battles with Gabriele , Brian and Jan ofcourse, and yes that Leyton is very sensitive to bumbs , man you be so glad to go to Magny cours with its biljart table tarmac surface :D :D

So it was David, Gerard and myself to fight for the lowest points in top 6
I was on softs with 30 wings and planned to pit in lap 20 /25 to put on mediums on the left to go all the way end expecting Gerard and Jundt to pit aswell but they didnt or very late!
the traffic or my bad pitstop i dont know but i never gained much after it till the last 5 laps to grap 1 more point of , chappoo Gerard to keep it whole race on medium , afterall  i should go on softs but without trying you never know :hihi: David you proved again a great man on the wheel and awesome driving from Janak!
like the Professor you drove , maybe swap car  :papy:  :D

To alberto
what corner is this  :rigol:

Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 GRAB_000_zps6g2urieb" />
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 17:28

Mediums, i need to work on setups for the long run. I was ruuning high wings for esses but had 38 laps on supersofts with 50% left on LF. I thought most guys run softs for the races? Good to keep learning, lots too look forward too
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 17:39

Quote :
To alberto
what corner is this

Meh I heard it called different names in the broadcast and in the end didn't even know the correct one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 18:16

It's down to prefference as well Chris.

For myself I don't like the feel of the Super Softs, they just feel wrong to drive with so I never go under Softs in the races.

For this race I went for Mediums because of the high load that my car would take due to my wing settings, but Softs, like David alluded to when I asked him on his initial strategy, would probably also have worked but I would have surely have been forced to pit, something I almost avoided doing running Mediums.

It should also be said that it's also down to what kind of driver you are. I am a long-runner and understeerer with lack of all out speed so I eat the fronts more than the rear but I am still keeping them on, usually, better than others (For example I ran all rounds of the 78 season without pitting while the majority of the field pitted at around 50% of the races.
For David Jaques for example it would seem to be a bit different. He has great speed but shreads the tires (at least around here) as he decided to pit twice to keep his ultimate speed higher. :smil20:

But again, give me or anyone else a shout if you want some help and we'll be happy to give you, or anyone else, a helping hand Smile
Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 18:26

Michal Janak wrote:
Didier Conjeaud: congrats to good race result :top:

Thank you Michal. It was a good race for me, the best one since the biginning of the season :top: And congrats for your podium !

Une bonne course donc, même si je ne récolte qu'une modeste 11e place à l'arrivée.....vu le niveau c'est déjà pas mal d'autant que j'ai eu de bonnes bagarres pratiquement tout le long avec de faibles écarts avec mes concurrents directs.

Je teste le set up course de Michal à la fin des practise de hier soir....parce qu'avec le mien je n'avançais pas......Et surprise, puisque son set était très proche du mien tant au niveau suspensions que braquage d'ailerons.....la principale différence venait des rapports de boite, bien plus efficaces que les miens....on en apprend tous les jours.

Parti en tendres à l'avant et super tendres à l'arrière, l'auto commence à perdre pas mal d'efficacité à l'approche de la mi-course...changement de pneus (le premier de la saison pour moi) pour quatre super tendres.....On verra bien s'ils tiennent me suis je dis !

Et ils ont tenu me permettant de gagner 2 sec au tour sur mes chronos.....j'ai même pu recoller un moment sur Jonathan aprés son propre ravitaillement sans pouvoir toutefois l'inquiéter vraiment.

J'ai aussi beaucoup aimé le circuit: Enfin un circuit sans chicanes !.....je déteste les chicanes !.....Avec de grandes courbes plus ou moins rapides qu'il faut savoir enchainer en dosant bien le pied droit....j'ai beaucoup aimé !

Sinon bravo David.....6 victoires !!!...What a Face .....et à tous les participants.....Prochain objectif pour moi : un top 10..... cheers
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Mar 2017 - 19:54

In real races like 1990 senna gambled here  to go on softs for full distance but his right rear explode

In 1991 he put on left side medium right side softs

according this i was doing the same but only can do it in a pitstop to make use of the left right mixture
so maybe i had to stick to my initial plan to realy go in lap 20 but the tires felt still good so i extented my strategey to lap 25 or some laps later which turned out to be bad in my case not gaining more postions
never the less David and i shared the same setup as i understood only diffrence i think we had is
i use more rear wing like most use more front
also the  LF  tire suffer more on this track ( estoril will do same) so decrease front wings can prevent that with very less camber
i was on -1.2 in front also benefits topspeed at the mainstraight inwich the Judd v10 could do 330kph in slipstream!

what i knew was my left front soft tire before the pitstop was already 3 dots yellow so no way i could do a full stint and  it cant be done which is accurate

remind you to keep an eye on the guide to watch the tire temps
using pressure around 150kpa will give for example supersoft tires a very nice feel
tracks like magny cours and hungaroring are suited for these supersofts for sure
and Hard tires for a full fast non pistop strategy at hockenheim or monza can be considered aswell :D
there is no wrong or right only by experiment you will know , im sure if we do another race at lets say Phoenix or Mexico most of us will be faster cause they know now what to do
in the end the mod has tonns of options for you to decide and try :D
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 16:18

François Remmen wrote:

as francois said, the guide is the place for the answers.
gamedata/vehicles/f1sr/f1_1991/historic_edition/F1SR 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide0001.pdf

all the race compounds (A-D) have very similar grip and wear rates, the big difference is they each have their own optimal temperature and heat dissipation rate. having the tires as close to their optimal temp is the key, my choice of compound only takes this into consideration. choose the right compound for your tire temps!

best,
dave

Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 17:27

David Jaques wrote:
François Remmen wrote:

as francois said, the guide is the place for the answers.  
gamedata/vehicles/f1sr/f1_1991/historic_edition/F1SR 1991 F1 Historic Edition Physics guide0001.pdf

all the race compounds (A-D) have very similar grip and wear rates, the big difference is they each have their own optimal temperature and heat dissipation rate.  having the tires as close to their optimal temp is the key, my choice of compound only takes this into consideration.  choose the right compound for your tire temps!

best,
dave

That makes it crystal clear for me. I was using the tire charts, picking my tire based on strategy. I would then change my setup to try to achieve the optimal temps. They only way i could was by adding downforce, which counter-productively slowed me down. All i had to do was select i better tire for the range i was running.doh! I assumed incorrectly that the harder the tire the less grip. Great stuff to help me going forward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]   Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Gran Premio de Mexico [Mar 19th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4