Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1988 CART - Pre-season Testing

Go down 
+28
Greg Hunt
Ben Paulet
Martin Lacina
Karel Marciniszyn
Austin Ogonoski
Bob Holada
Brian Janik
Steve Parker
Ludovic Tiengou
Chris Stephens
Alberto Ibañez
Matthew Hull
Jan Kowalski
John Fuqua
David Jundt
François Remmen
Steven Klein
Jason Fitch
Richard Wilks
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason White
Michael Drechsler
Juha Bos
Jacob Fredriksson
Pascal Mikula
David Sabre
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 3:35

David Jundt wrote:
They are all classified as "configuration files" so I guess they are all ini files(I can open them all with the editor) :hum:

Well Chris, I am an idiot. I can drive fast, but until I get there, I fail terribly Rolling Eyes

I don't even know which RealFeel version I have drunken

Well we'd make a good team as I can figure out all the tech junk but can't drive fast lol.

If you right click on the realfeelplugin.dll and select properties then details it should tell you what version you have. On my pc I can also just hold the mouse over the file and a balloon pops up with the information such as version, author.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 3:42

Actually, the one with the ..(double dots) is 0.9.3.6 while the "normal" one is 0.93.8(plugins folder).

But now about every file is just confusing me. Did I actually drive all my '91 races so far without working plugins? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 3:54

David Jundt wrote:
Actually, the one with the ..(double dots) is 0.9.3.6 while the "normal" one is 0.93.8(plugins folder).

But now about every file is just confusing me. Did I actually drive all my '91 races so far without working plugins? Rolling Eyes

No I would say you've been using the 0.9.3.8 one and the values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini. All those others aren't being used nor are they necessary.
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 3:58

Thanks Chris, only needed the basic profiler and in game settings, never did understand all the RealFeel/ Leo gooblygook, not much of a fan of FFB, seemed to be more distraction than anything else, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 4:03

Chris Stephens wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

No I would say you've been using the 0.9.3.8 one and the values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini. All those others aren't being used nor are they necessary.

So those containing the 38 are useless(funny enough that one of them contains settings for the D191, the Dallara, so I must have entered that at one point) and can be deleted?

I just moved the Leo '82 F1 ini to the plugins folder, I wonder if it didn't work as it was in the wrong place so far? And I might shorten it's name again.
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 4:24

David Jundt wrote:
Chris Stephens wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

So those containing the 38 are useless(funny enough that one of them contains settings for the D191, the Dallara, so I must have entered that at one point) and can be deleted?

I just moved the Leo '82 F1 ini to the plugins folder, I wonder if it didn't work as it was in the wrong place so far? And I might shorten it's name again.

Yes the ones with the 38's are like mod readme's, suggested values for one to copy into the RealFeelPlugin. If you rename the leo's file to just LeoFFB.ini the leo's plugin will use those values, problem is that these settings are suppose to be set based on each specific car. The 82 mod is a league edition so I guess all cars use same physics? The 91 mod all cars have their own physics so the values should be changed depending which car you drive. I haven't looked at the CART88 too closely but each chassis has its own physics, so the leo values should be changed for each chassis your using. I like Leo's but its very tedious to use.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 9:51

Chris Stephens wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
My RealFeel settings:

Code:
[General]
RealFeelIsOn=True
ConsoleEnabled=False
ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
SpeechEnabled=True
KeyRepeatDelay=0.100000
SteerForceInputMax=11500.000000
MinSpeed=10.000000
DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=-500.000000
DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
DefaultFrontGripEffect=0.000000
DefaultSmoothingLevel=2
VehicleDelimiterSize=64
DefaultKf=4000.000000
DefaultKs=7.000000
DefaultA=1.500000
DefaultKr=3.000000

At first I had DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack at 500 positive. That made the steering feel inverted. To invert the steering in game, press Right Control and 8 no the numpad.

My wheel is set at 900 degrees rotation, and I use about 25 degrees steering lock.

All in all, thank you guys so much for this wonderful mod! So much fun to drive!

Curious to know what your profile strength and in game strength are? I'm using -1800 as a starting point for  and still find the FFB pretty strong. In game I use FFB strength at 100% with the controller.ini isolated values for Realfeel.

Having Speed sensitivity ingame at 0% is important. 100% FFB in the profiler, 5% each on damping and smoothing. Wheel centering off.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:37

Chris Stephens wrote:

Yes the ones with the 38's are like mod readme's, suggested values for one to copy into the RealFeelPlugin. If you rename the leo's file to just LeoFFB.ini the leo's plugin will use those values, problem is that these settings are suppose to be set based on each specific car. The 82 mod is a league edition so I guess all cars use same physics? The 91 mod all cars have their own physics so the values should be changed depending which car you drive. I haven't looked at the CART88 too closely but each chassis has its own physics, so the leo values should be changed for each chassis your using. I like Leo's but its very tedious to use.

So, while the realfeel.ini records an entry per each car that I drive with, I have to amend Leo each time, right?

TBH, I never changed the Leo values in '91 this season even though I've driven 5 different cars, so I am not sure what I am missing out on scratch

But that once again means I put the Leo.ini into the wrong folder and it never worked?

I don't even know if I am rather using the latest RF and Leo files either, there are quite a lot around...

EDIT: For Leo, I guess I'd need the chassis specifications of each car and input what's needed into Leo.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 14:09

Only driven one car so far, but: I can only congratulate to this great mod guys!

Btw: Is the March-Porsche gonna be the literal "running joke" in this championship?

What I heard from some is that it's gonna be far more surprising if it actually finishes a race.

Even the yellow teapot in the '78 mod doesn't blow up that easily Razz
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 14:14

If you open the radiator enough and keep an eye on the temp when crancking up the boost, it will not blow. You will be at a disadvantage against chevy and cosworth powered cars, though, because they won't need that much radiator. That will be noticeable at high speed ovals, and also at qualy. In normal race conditions with lower boost values the car is not as much at a disadvantage, and the chassis is quite decent. Towards end of the season it gets an engine update that will make it more competitive I think on par with any March 88C cosworth.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 14:28

Rad is 1 - 10(with 10 being "fully open") and Boost 1 - 5?

Even on 10, it's close to getting too hot(Above 120°C oil temperature and it's getting dangerous, not sure about water temperature), I guess boost 3 is still not low enough? Not sure what to expect yet under "race conditions"situations".

I cant imagine how pit stops would be, it's gonna blow up the moment you drive away? :hihi:

Btw: Any details about perfect temps for tyres/brakes/engine?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:18

In race conditions you will use boost between 1-3 and 5/5 only for short moments helping overtake for example. In the Porsche that is even more limited, but if even boost 3 is not usable without overheating maybe you can report that to Richard as we are in pre-season testing and such small details can still be fine tuned :hum:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:30

It's walking a fine line for sure, it doesn't take much to run into issues(spin once and it might get a bit too hot).

Are these cars also affected by dirty air and the engines hot up when running close behind?

Additionally, I've also dropped the rev setting to try keep the engine from getting hot, although I am not sure if that's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:44

Boost has more influence, but revs also count. The car was terribly unreliable at season start in real life I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:49

The porsche is exactly like i wanted it to be. The person who picks it must be aware that it will be a problematic car.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:54

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Boost has more influence, but revs also count. The car was terribly unreliable at season start in real life I'm afraid.

That's a very nice feature with this mod. The balance between boost, revs and aero is a win-or-lose dilemma.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 16:20

Done a try with 5 differents teams.

- March-Porsche: well....to say it short. No way. I hate both the body and the engine
-March 88C-Cosworth: When the car is not jerking away it not bad. The problem is that the car is jerking away way too much for me. No way I drive a March that season. No way I could manage to finish a single race with such a touchy car.
- Lola T88000-Judd: What a difference. A bit slow but incredibly stable. Could be a great car on some tracks. Seems also to allowed some different strategy. Remind me a bit of my Eagle-Chevy in some way :D
- Lola T88000-Chevy: A super combination...a bit too super to be dreamed of.
- Lola T88000-Cosworth: I haven't seen the difference with the Chevy yet. I'm a bit slower with it but it's still a great combination.

So I've already made my three choices for the season. Just had to wait for the official opening of candidature :D
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 16:27

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
- Lola T88000-Judd: What a difference. A bit slow but incredibly stable. Could be a great car on some tracks. Seems also to allowed some different strategy. Remind me a bit of my Eagle-Chevy in some way :D

I thought the March-Porsche would be a closer match for the Eagle-Chevy, both have a mostly useless engine. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 16:37

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Okay.

Although I see that out of the first six races, Fabi retired from half of it(could be worse!), but in any of the other three and the rest of the season, he never finished outside the Top Ten Smile

He actually even comes tenth at the end of the season with 44 points.

Sounds interesting though. What do they say? "Slow and steady wins the race." :hihi:

@Ludovic: Aren't you gonna try the Penske? I don't even think of it as I am probably not allowed to anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 17:05

Juha Bos wrote:

I thought the March-Porsche would be a closer match for the Eagle-Chevy, both have a mostly useless engine. :D

Remember Phoenix last year Juha....My Chevy wasn't so useless against your Offy :langue:
The Judd could have great advantages on some tracks. Could even reach top 5 and, in good hand, victory. After all Bobby Rahal was a contender all the season if I'm correct.

Quote :
@Ludovic: Aren't you gonna try the Penske? I don't even think of it as I am probably not allowed to anyway.

I won't.
First: I don't like the skin those cars have. Stupid reason I know but I'm sensitive about the look of my car :hihi:
Second there'll be plenty of guys who will want it. No need to add one more.
And finally I already got a very good car with the McLaren. Feels wrong to pray for the top gun in CART. In F1 a good car makes the difference between racing and DNQ. Won't be the case in CART (but for Indy 500). And in CART I could always play some odd strategy I enjoy to try whatever the car I got (but the f..... shi.... bloody piece of junk of March :D )
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 17:18

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Juha Bos wrote:

Remember Phoenix last year Juha....My Chevy wasn't so useless against your Offy :langue:

I did say MOSTLY. :D

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
First: I don't like the skin those cars have. Stupid reason I know but I'm sensitive about the look of my car :hihi:

How nice. :frank: Probably the best argument so far regarding car choice. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 17:31

Pre-season testing well underway. Smile

1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 GRAB_030

1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 GRAB_025
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:04

Man this mod looks good! Great shots Jacob.

I should hire you to take BTCC screenshots :hum: Razz
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:09

Richard Coxon wrote:
Man this mod looks good! Great shots Jacob.

I should hire you to take BTCC screenshots :hum: Razz

Will remember to post after the next meeting!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Hull
Club Driver
Matthew Hull

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:33

I used the Porsche for ages and couldn't figure out what was up until I used another car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART - Pre-season Testing   1988 CART - Pre-season Testing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1988 CART - Pre-season Testing
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next